Raiders Fire HC Josh McDaniels and GM Dave Ziegler

So much hilarity in this.

OAK owes McDaniels over $40mm for his remaining contract, plus salaries for the GM and all the coaches who don't carryover. There are several former NE coaches in key positions who might not survive the week. After canning the GM and HC mid-season twice in three years, they will have a tough time not scraping the barrel for candidates. 

McDaniels clearly had it in mind he would turn the Raiders into Patriots west. I guess it's true because both coaches performed miserably without Brady. So much for the Patriot way. McDaniels is a good OC and Belichick is a good DC but without a HOF QB both are bad head coaches. Turns out being the biggest a$$hole of a coach possible doesn't win games and Belichick's entire coaching tree proves that true.

My favorite thing about McDaniels is that he was quoted in Denver saying he could turn a high school QB into an NFL all-pro. His smug attitude trying to prove this right by trying to get Cassel to DEN lead to Cutler forcing a trade away, Orton playing worse, Tebow never developed, followed by Carr and Garoppolo having their worst years with him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I live in SoCal, or Raiderland. And I'm friends with some Raider fans. (Misery and dysfunction with our teams makea for good drinking buddies) Not that it matters but  wanted Del Rio kept, and not that used car salesman gruden or this bb retread. That team is a lot like the Yankees in that their owners were mired in their glory days but didn't see the league change. George at least stepped aside at one point. Al hung around too long. Same will happen with the cowgirls with jereuh.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I almost feel bad for @Raideraholic

Nah.  @Raideraholic will hide in his shell for a few days.  Then, with firm, new resolve, @Raideraholic will be along to tell us, with a post long enough to bring tears to SpermEdwards' eyes, how great the team is going to be now that they are free of the McDaniels curse.  @Raideraholic will lay out 15 reasons why AOC is the next Brady, and how the new interim coach is going to energize the team to make the playoffs.

If only there was a way to let @Raideraholic know we were all waiting patiently for this.  

Seriously though.  We kid, but it's actually always an excellent effort.  Can't fault a guy for loving his team.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2