Zach “reluctant” to start again at QB

T0mShane

My opinion is that this looks bad on both parties. A player refusing the play is never a good thing, but it suggests that the Jets org is such a mess that their former starter has had it with the team.

And I have to say, if he did become starter next week, it isn't hard to imagine the uproar of "shoulda started Siemian" that would have come here. It seems to me Zach has a similar idea of who should be starting as all of you people calling him soft or an idiot.

Zach Wilson is garbage but a lot of you will call any decision he makes at this point bad. I wouldn't be surprised if he recognizes that the team dislikes the fact that he keeps getting sent out there, and wants to be done with that. Honestly this reluctance he is showing (not refusal, by the way) might be the best thing that he could do for the franchise at this point. He's effectively calling out the CS and front office, and isn't that what we want?

It seems to me like the CS just lost the one person they have coddled for 3 years, what does that say about the rest of the locker room?

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jdeet said:

Who can blame him? He’s bad but the last two weeks prove that he wasn’t the main problem. Why would he risk injury to whatever future he has with another team, to try to win for a team that’s shot and a fanbase that hates him?   

Call him whatever you want, he is smart by not wanting to go back into this mess. 

The  crazy part is that if he starts next week against the Texans, plays well in a win, the fans that hate him will welcome him back with open arms. 

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach is going to end up in 1 of 3 places:

Rams, Niners or Broncos.  One of those offensive gurus would love the opp to mold a kid with that kind of talent.

I am sure his agent has already spoken to those teams and has been advised, "Do not take another snap for the Jets". 

I think the Steelers would make sense too.  A HOF HC who has been winning with Kenny Pickett.

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

My opinion is that this looks bad on both parties. A player refusing the play is never a good thing, but it suggests that the Jets org is such a mess that their former starter has had it with the team.

And I have to say, if he did become starter next week, it isn't hard to imagine the uproar of "shoulda started Siemian" that would have come here. It seems to me Zach has a similar idea of who should be starting as all of you people calling him soft or an idiot.

Zach Wilson is garbage but a lot of you will call any decision he makes at this point bad. I wouldn't be surprised if he recognizes that the team dislikes the fact that he keeps getting sent out there, and wants to be done with that. Honestly this reluctance he is showing (not refusal, by the way) might be the best thing that he could do for the franchise at this point. He's effectively calling out the CS and front office, and isn't that what we want?

It seems to me like the CS just lost the one person they have coddled for 3 years, what does that say about the rest of the locker room?

This

Saleh has been looking and speaking like a dead man walking, wouldn’t be surprised woody gave all these clowns their walking papers.

The noise is only going to get louder, toooooo many weeks remaining in the season 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Rams, Niners or Broncos.  One of those offensive gurus would love the opp to mold a kid with that kind of talent.

I am sure his agent has already spoken to those teams and has been advised, "Do not take another snap for the Jets". 

Yes, I'm sure those orgs are tampering to make sure they can win the "Zach Wilson Sweepstakes" next year.

• Haha 2

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Can you please provide proof?  I would like to get the draft picks for the tampering. 

I am glad you put the Rams first on that list.  I am sure that Mike LaFleur is whispering all kinds of sweet nothings in their ears about Zach!  Remember that kid that got me fired?  He might be available!!

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Plen T said:

you came to this conclusion as he dived head first for touchdowns?

When was that? Preseason? 

Look at his last few starts you can see in his face he wants to be anywhere but here 

The guy is low character. No toughness. No love for the game. Like late stage Albert Haynesworth level bad. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Can you please provide proof?  I would like to get the draft picks for the tampering. 

I am glad you put the Rams first on that list.  I am sure that Mike LaFleur is whispering all kinds of sweet nothings in their ears about Zach!  Remember that kid that got me fired?  He might be available!!

To be fair, MLF was pounding the table for Zach here (pretty sure, at least), and he was fired after the Jets lost 7 in a row and the offense couldn't get going with 2 or 3 other QBs. Who knows, maybe with McVay there MLF thinks he could get another shot at ZW. I'm just speculatin though, it does sound preposterous.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yea, I’m sure MLF will put in a good word for Zach with the Rams 

quality post

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The most Jets outcome for Zach is Andy Reid helping out a fellow cougar alum and rehabbing Zach over several years on the bench 

Then in year 9 or something he's actually decent and everyone says lol Jets 

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This

Saleh has been looking and speaking like a dead man walking, wouldn’t be surprised woody gave all these clowns their walking papers.

The noise is only going to get louder, toooooo many weeks remaining in the season 

I think he's already got a deal to run a major college program and has the cocktail napkin ready to hand in after the last game of the year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

To be fair, MLF was pounding the table for Zach here (pretty sure, at least), and he was fired after the Jets lost 7 in a row and the offense couldn't get going with 2 or 3 other QBs. Who knows, maybe with McVay there MLF thinks he could get another shot at ZW. I'm just speculatin though, it does sound preposterous.

The Jets wanted to fire him so they could publicly have him walk the plank for last year.  They couldn't even pull that off.  

this good and bad.  it's bad because no player should opt out of playing especially the qb.  however, in his defense, does anyone think he wants to play with free rushers coming through the oline and a lack of reliable receivers?  he's been blamed for just about every offensive problem and probably by the jets players and coaches.  it's good because it makes douglas' job much easier as to what to do with him next season.  they will most likely try to trade him but ultimately release him.  it's really unfortunate because the jets really needed something to go right after many years of mac and bad seasons

but one of the bigger questions is how saleh let this get so out of hand.  he did this. we know boyle is a bad qb and it looks like semian isn't much better.  but we've been told what a superstar breece hall is or how cook is a five time pro bowler, etc.  well just get up there and hand the ball off.  they got some big beef on the oline and they should be able to pancake some of the defenses.  at this point, does it even matter if they win again?

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Back up in Denver sounds about right.

Add more stink to the Hackett fire. 

Close to home.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

ZW and talent shouldn’t be in the same sentence…..

Wrong. Zach Wilson and skill shouldn't be in the same sentence. Zach has a ton of talent but failed to channel it into something productive. Talent is useless without skill.

RobertSalehWithHair-Copy.jpg.c202eb42376c3a4995db1e3f883a01ec.jpg

Zach, remember when we benched you a couple of weeks ago for Tim Boyle, essentially signaling that the franchise has completely lost faith in you?

And remember when I publicly embarrassed you by telling Joe Benigno (who I knew would re-tell the story), "regarding point number 3, Joe B, are you serious?"

Well, now we need you to go in again and be our starter for the final 5 games.  We even purchased some extra scotch tape to hold the OL together so you don't risk injury!

So how does this all sound to you?  You ready to get back in there?

• Post of the Week 1