Anybody else embarrassed to wear their Jets gear in public?

BP

37 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Not at all.  The first major piece of Jets gear I owned was a Starter winter jacket in 1994.  I was 10.  

I got made fun of a lot by my friends who were all Cowboys, 49ers, Eagles, Steelers fans.  I didn’t care, I was excited about football no matter how bad the Jets were, I was proud to be a fan.  It was a lesson in loyalty.

I still have that jacket. 

I had a Jets Starter jacket around the same time.  5th grade for me, and I grew up in Bills country while they were going to the Super Bowl every year (and losing it, lol).  It wasn’t a lot of fun to be a Jets fan then, but it makes you appreciate winning that much more.  

Go Pens, btw!

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Not at all.  The first major piece of Jets gear I owned was a Starter winter jacket in 1994.  I was 10.  

I got made fun of a lot by my friends who were all Cowboys, 49ers, Eagles, Steelers fans.  I didn’t care, I was excited about football no matter how bad the Jets were, I was proud to be a fan.  It was a lesson in loyalty.

I still have that jacket. 

Reading this post is like listening to an echo of my mind lol. This is/was me.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Sometimes when I see someone wearing Jets gear in public, I will go over, and say, "I'm a Jets fan too", then I look sad and say "I'm sorry you go through this torture as I do".

In all the times I have ever said that (and it's been quite a few) I've never had theperson get annoyed or give me a hard time.  They share the pain as I do.   I think us Jets fans have a special bond.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

I had a Jets Starter jacket around the same time.  5th grade for me, and I grew up in Bills country while they were going to the Super Bowl every year (and losing it, lol).  It wasn’t a lot of fun to be a Jets fan then, but it makes you appreciate winning that much more.  

Go Pens, btw!

But we never win....

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

Go Pens, btw!

Always great to come across a fellow Jets/Pens fan!  
It’s not the most common combination of teams.  Not the best start for the Pens so far, but I like the moves we made in the off-season, hopefully it starts coming together soon.

You happen to see how much starter jackets cost nowadays? 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Always great to come across a fellow Jets/Pens fan!  
It’s not the most common combination of teams.  Not the best start for the Pens so far, but I like the moves we made in the off-season, hopefully it starts coming together soon.

You happen to see how much starter jackets cost nowadays? 

Yeah it’s def not a typical combo for sports fans for sure.  I think they made some good moves over the off-season too.  It seems like they might need a coaching change to get things going again (where have I heard that before?!?), or at least they need to figure out their power play.  It sucks because this time of year, I’d always love tuning into Pens games to escape the joy of being a Jets fan, ha!

Yeah dude, I’ve seen Jets starter jackets on homage.com, and they’re pricy and always sold out!   Nuts!!!

• Haha 2