After watching him against the Texans I keep Zach until I know for certain he sucks.

nyjets1969

1 minute ago, Wit said:

He needs to do this the rest of the year , if he does he keeps
Surviving

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The rumor is that they made a deal....Zach is motivated.  If he keeps completing 2/3s of his passes someone will trade a Darnold package for him.  That is the best result.   Let's try to start over with JJ McCarthy in 2025.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

It's game like this that confuses me he plays solid then he sucks until I know he can't be a serviceable QB I'm not trading him if he becomes a late bloomer like Geno this team looks even dumber. They wasted 3 years on him, I'm keeping him for length of contract to see how he turns out. Its not like they are drafting a QB next year plus Jets take a massive cap hit. Bring in a vet to compete as back up let the cards fall. I'm not Zach fan but I'm sick of seeing the Jets blow stuff like this he is under contract for 2 more years if a team offers a second or higher yes if not Zach can sit here he might be playing now for his career but he is still under contract so he can't go anywhere.

Ive seen this show for the past few years, I know how it will turn out.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Honestly, does it really even matter if they keep him for another year at this point?

If Rodgers gets hurt again next year, it’s all over anyway. They’ll blow up, everyone fired, does it matter who the back up is?

It doesn’t. 

Zach , here or not, is taking up like $11 million in cap space next season. At the least, he has shown he’s a capable backup QB. If they cut him, or trade him, they’re gonna need to spend another like another $4 million to get what most here would consider a ‘legit backup NFL QB’ which is waste of cap space. 

I understand the hate, but some football decisions need to be made in the entire context of ability and financial cap management. The NYJ have a lot of holes to fill with their available cap dollars, so cutting loose Zach or possibly trading him may not make sense. 

• Upvote 2

Saleh tries to throw Zach under the bus for the team sucking.  Zach tells Saleh through the press he didn't want to play for him.  Saleh had to beg him to play and makes him the starter for the rest of the year.  The game plan is opened up.  Zach balls out.  

• Upvote 1