Zach is AFC Offensive Player of the Week

JetsFanatic

He's mostly been a poor QB of that everyone is aware.  

He played great last game and played great against KC.

He beat the darling Bills, beat the Eagles, beat the darling Houston team with Stroud, should have beat KC if not for the refs.

He will be gone this off season unless he plays the next 4 games like he did vs Houston which is highly unlikely.

The anti Zach bridge lost all cred when they pontificated at how good we would be when Boyle and Siemian got to play.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He single-handedly cost us three years! Then he puts together one half of a game that somewhat resembles competent QB play—long after the season is over—and we’re supposed to celebrate the guy? These people are loons!

They think this is a movie like Rudy or The Replacements, and the scrappy underdog will finally win in the end and show everyone the person they were the whole time....

Unfortunately,  reality doesn't work like a cliche driven Sports movie.

• Upvote 3

This accolade is warranted.  It's not claiming he's suddenly a great QB, it's a snapshot of last week's performance.  That's it.  Same old Zach with a blip in the radar?  New and improved Zach?  Who knows.  It would be nice if people leave their bias at the door and stick to the topic for a change.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

By the way, how does Will Levis not win this? Dude leads an all-time comeback against the Dolphins, overcoming a two TD deficit in the final four minutes, looking like Elway reincarnated, but Zach Wilson “wins” it because he dinked and dunked his way to a victory against a grievously injured Texans squad? Ridiculous troll job by the NFL.

• Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Everyone wants to be a comedian. The sad thing is, for the 20 miserable Zach haters in the room, the world is laughing at you, not with you. 

Most people and every NFL player, feels good for him. It’s just a handful of Jets fans, that remain on the hate train. 

I am the first one to say that we should draft a QB to sit behind Rodgers next year. I don’t want Zach here. Call me what you want, you are pathetic excuses for Jets fans who would love more for the team to lose with Zach, to support your narrative, than for your team to win and for Zach to be the main reason for it. 

We are definitely in bizarro world. I had never fully understood why most of the season ticket holders we know, don’t join this forum. You know, the fans that cheered when Zach Wilson ran onto the field, BEFORE he went out and lit it up on Sunday. The people out in the rain. The die hards who love their team and are on top of the world, when we win and heartbroken when we lose. Real fans. Not pathetic a$$hole comedians. 

You should touch your penis more, you wont be so uptight.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

By the way, how does Will Levis not win this? Dude leads an all-time comeback against the Dolphins, overcoming a two TD deficit in the final four minutes, looking like Elway reincarnated, but Zach Wilson “wins” it because he dinked and dunked his way to a victory against a grievously injured Texans squad? Ridiculous troll job by the NFL.

Mike Vrabel screwed him....said he doesn't slide enough.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Serious question: in your professional opinion, how long would it take Zach Wilson to become a really good youth tennis player? 

Lots of different levels of players - my strength is teaching proper technique to advanced players. The key ingredient I'm looking for is their athleticism and if they love the sport. Zach has both, so he would be really good pretty quickly if he took coaching well. The next thing to becoming a great player is mental toughness. He would go through his lumps for a few years and I think come out on the other end stronger. It takes a ton of match play to perform like you practice. You are constantly feeling pressure in tennis because it's only you and your opponent. The elite players are mentally tough and competitive. I see Zach being very resilient and liking competition. To make a long story short, I would think he would frustrate his coaches for a while (like on the Jets) because we would see the talent when he practiced. He would then become either very good or be a journeyman that shines occasionally, like a Grigor Dimitrov type player. I think that's where we are with Zach - will he continue to play relaxed or just be a journeyman QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Everyone wants to be a comedian. The sad thing is, for the 20 miserable Zach haters in the room, the world is laughing at you, not with you. 

Most people and every NFL player, feels good for him. It’s just a handful of Jets fans, that remain on the hate train. 

I am the first one to say that we should draft a QB to sit behind Rodgers next year. I don’t want Zach here. Call me what you want, you are pathetic excuses for Jets fans who would love more for the team to lose with Zach, to support your narrative, than for your team to win and for Zach to be the main reason for it. 

We are definitely in bizarro world. I had never fully understood why most of the season ticket holders we know, don’t join this forum. You know, the fans that cheered when Zach Wilson ran onto the field, BEFORE he went out and lit it up on Sunday. The people out in the rain. The die hards who love their team and are on top of the world, when we win and heartbroken when we lose. Real fans. Not pathetic a$$hole comedians. 

I was a Jets season ticket holder for 20 yrs but Zach was the straw that broke the camels back for me and I gave up my 4 seats after last season. I was in the rain, snow, wind, cold and loved it all, but it was too long of a stretch since we had been in the playoffs even as a wildcard to keep paying all that money to watch us lose and miss out on the playoffs for 12 seasons in a row. I still remember the moment I broke last year was watching Zach not be able to throw a pass successfully out of bounds without it being intercepted. After that game I said I was done paying good money to be at the stadium to watch QB play like that anymore.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

The best possible development for this franchise is for the light to go on in Zach’s head and for him to become consistent and reliable.  Young QBs are hard to find. He’s demonstrated all the physical talent that it takes. Last week his agility and arm strength were on full display.
 Whatever the reason that he also was aggressive, accurate and made good decisions last week , if he finishes the season strong and shows consistency, that can only be considered a good thing, right ?

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Zach played a great game. If he plays like this to end the year, the Jets will finish 9-8 and could back door into the playoffs. It’s all up to him - the Jets launch up to the top of the league with great QB play, it’s that simple.

That would be awesome.  It would kind of be reminiscent of Rex’s first year when we got into the playoffs after being declared dead basically.  If Zach plays like he played last game down the stretch even if we don’t get in it will at the very least increase his trade value.  I don’t see him here no matter what but it would certainly have him leaving on a high note here 

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You didn't watch the game did you?

37 minutes ago, Larz said:

....if he finishes the season strong and shows consistency, that can only be considered a good thing, right ?

You tell us.

Are you taking his 5th year option if that happens?

Are you naming him the #2 QB behind Rodgers in 2024 if that happens, and seeking only a #3 in the offseason?

Are you planning to have Zach be the future starter, so not drafting a top QB in the interim?

What are the "good things" you see if he plays "strong" and shows "consistency" during these final games?

As a bonus question, how would this late trash-time run differ from Sam Darnold's similar 6-2 trash-time run in 2019?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If it were Zach Wilson, the spin would be, "... why the hell does Zach get consideration for this award?  He plays 6 min of a 60 min game with somewhat competent QB play over a 6 minutes stretch, and we completely ignore how he got the team into the mess they were in for the first 54 minutes of the game?"

You fool nobody Shane!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Lots of different levels of players - my strength is teaching proper technique to advanced players. The key ingredient I'm looking for is their athleticism and if they love the sport. Zach has both, so he would be really good pretty quickly if he took coaching well. The next thing to becoming a great player is mental toughness. He would go through his lumps for a few years and I think come out on the other end stronger. It takes a ton of match play to perform like you practice. You are constantly feeling pressure in tennis because it's only you and your opponent. The elite players are mentally tough and competitive. I see Zach being very resilient and liking competition. To make a long story short, I would think he would frustrate his coaches for a while (like on the Jets) because we would see the talent when he practiced. He would then become either very good or be a journeyman that shines occasionally, like a Grigor Dimitrov type player. I think that's where we are with Zach - will he continue to play relaxed or just be a journeyman QB.

i think he would run too far backwards all the time

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

The best possible development for this franchise is for the light to go on in Zach’s head and for him to become consistent and reliable.  Young QBs are hard to find. He’s demonstrated all the physical talent that it takes. Last week his agility and arm strength were on full display.
 Whatever the reason that he also was aggressive, accurate and made good decisions last week , if he finishes the season strong and shows consistency, that can only be considered a good thing, right ?

for the Jets that is

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2023 at 7:42 PM, T0mShane said:

He single-handedly cost us three years! Then he puts together one half of a game that somewhat resembles competent QB play—long after the season is over—and we’re supposed to celebrate the guy? These people are loons!

That is funny, the Yelp reviews on your dating profile read the exact same way.

• Haha 2