Chargers clean house, coach and GM fired

Rhg1084

52 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

IMO - you have to be a pretty bad HC if you have a franchise QB and can't win. You nailed down the hardest part and you STILL can't win? WTF you doing???

I think fans are still taking for granted what JD and Saleh have done here in terms of roster building. 

Yea, they have built a real powerhouse team since they have been here. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

They have one game of good offensive football and everyone loses their minds. See what happens when the QB plays well? Things don't look so bad.

1 game means nothing to me. Some of their decisions have been mind numbing bad. Joe Douglas is 25-54 in nearly 5 fing years here and his coach is 16-31. Other teams actually have accountability and would have canned these guys long ago. Both of these clowns will be back next year which just adds to the frustration. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

1 game means nothing to me. Some of their decisions have been mind numbing bad. Joe Douglas is 25-54 in nearly 5 fing years here and his coach is 16-31. Other teams actually have accountability and would have canned these guys long ago. Both of these clowns will be back next year which just adds to the frustration. 

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Don’t know where you start there.  Kinda the opposite of here, where they have the qb but not a lot around him. Here we have these other positions but no qb. 

Maybe we can trade them Zach for Herbert. Herbert is very cute btw 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They had problems before last night, but they were without 5 probowl starters:

1. Justin Herbert
  2. Mike Williams
  3. Keenan Allen
  4. Corey Linsley
  5. Joey Bosa

Basically the core of the offense and their best young game-changer on defense. 4 of their top 5 paid players, and 5 of their top 7. 

Jets fans rightly have no sympathy for anyone else's injury report, and they sucked before losing Herbert & Allen, but that's a pretty rough list to shrug off as though the team wasn't built around them being there.

Yea, the injuries around the league are just brutal 

it feels like a third of the guys we spend all offseason talking about won’t be playing by November 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Huge problem for anyone that wants to fire Saleh is that the Jets job would immediately become the least desirable opening in the league.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/39104100/ranking-nfl-head-coach-openings-2024-season-best-worst-jobs-raiders-panthers-patriots

I know you hate Barnwell but he as Jets as 4th best option of 10 likley openings, behind Chargers, Bears and Falcons.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Tom Telesco was a hot commodity at one time.  Was the beneficiary of the Peyton Manning era in Indianapolis - not sure if he was the one responsible for bringing Peyton to Indy, tho. 

roster is talented

blew it with the coach

ala Joe Douglas

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

We could not score TDs in any of those games and that is why we lost them. That has to be the focus now and moving forward. Have the proper balanced scheming to score at least a few or more TDs per game by using more 12 and 21 offenses that provide either multiple RBs(keeps in a FB) or multiple TEs, instead of 3 WRs that we cannot field due to personal problems after Wilson. We can at best have 2 WRs on the field at almost any time since our dropoff allows 5 DBs to clamp down with doubling Wilson and one on one with the others. I read an article on this many of you likely have but it is very obvious. Once Lazard has now consistently shown with any QB on this team not named Rogers that he is at best a Number 4 WR, Jets needed to move to switch mainly to larger packages that force the defenses to run with 3 LBs to handle that snd while they can mostly handle our run that way, they cannot consistently stop the passing to Wilson, Hall, Conklin and Ruckert giving the Jets many favorable matchups since none of them can really be covered by a LB.

Right.  For whatever reason the offense wasn’t being schemed for the personnel available.  I think they ere all testing for the best alignment but then never hit on it until it was obvious Lazard wasn’t playing as well as expected.  Also note that uzomah also missed Sundays game due to injury and it can argued he cost the jets a win with his stupid goal line holding call.

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You forgot their GM though.  Woody will sign him up too.

Woody will just promote our current Assistant GM, Aaron Rodgers! Or maybe Aaron will fire Joe Douglas his own self...isn't that how it worked last time? Gase fired MacDaddy, hired Douglas, Joe fired Gase. Can't make this up! 🤣 Only the Jets...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I'd try to throw a late round pick for Mike Williams. Prob won't get Mike Evans or Devante Adams. Wouldn't be a bad way to go.

I like the idea, especially the idea of an instant-fix without a long-term investment (he's a UFA after '24), but the Chargers might be able to get more than a late round pick for him.

For example, yeah it'd be a divisional trade but I can't see an even more WR-needy team like KC sitting on their hands and just watch him go to us for just a 5th-7th rounder. Also another team drafting a QB and wanting to give the rookie every advantage. Or someone already heavily invested in a young QB like Carolina, who will miss out on the whole first round as it is, and if they don't get a big turnaround from Bryce Young that'll go down as one of the worst trades ever (made all that much worse given Young earning them the #1 overall pick). 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They had problems before last night, but they were without 5 probowl starters:

1. Justin Herbert
  2. Mike Williams
  3. Keenan Allen
  4. Corey Linsley
  5. Joey Bosa

Basically the core of the offense and their best young game-changer on defense. 4 of their top 5 paid players, and 5 of their top 7. 

Jets fans rightly have no sympathy for anyone else's injury report, and they sucked before losing Herbert & Allen, but that's a pretty rough list to shrug off as though the team wasn't built around them being there.

And yet the grand excuse for our underachiever coach and gm is the fact the HUGE risk QB move they made blew up in their faces via injury.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

a mid to bottom tier qb wins 3 of those games easy

The decision to not bring on a QB after rodgers went down is really surprising.

Mid to bottom tier coaching wins 3 of those games easy too.

Saleh too scared to try to win.

• Upvote 3

Oh, poor man. However will he feed his family???

I need one of those 3 year 3Mil per guaranteed contracts. Just one. I mean, would I do worse than some of these guys? Seriously! Call me!! I would be your Sacrificial Lamb/Scapegoat Assistant, no complaints to the media, total sh*tscreen guy for that type of money.