who is the biggest bust

kmnj

26 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Don't think we ever even looked at Lamar. We met with Allen a couple of times, but sounds like it was always one of Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen. And we were supposed to believe that we liked all three, justifying the trade up, without knowing who would be there when we picked. 

Sound QB evaluation right there. 

Whatever happened to Brian Hermerdinger by the way. 

Book him for your next event!

https://www.allamericanspeakers.com/speakers/398656/Brian-Heimerdinger#Booknow

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I wasn’t trying to be snarky towards you, sorry if it came off that way.

More towards the ones in this thread saying that we passed on Mahomes for Jamal. None of them wanted Mahomes. No one knew how good he was going to be. Some of them wanted Deshaun Watson, but they’ve changed their narratives over the years. 

All good , I was just having some fun . Lol 

10 hours ago, kmnj said:

Zach-taken to be the franchise QB but might be one of the worst to ever put on the jersey

Joe D-drafted tons of bad players including not one but two first round busts in Zach and Becton-years after he took over the team still is as bad maybe worse than when he got here.  

Becton-slow fat and a bad player-he is the exact opposite of D Brick 

Saleh-terrible record and his team consistently quits on him

Woody-not sure the owner can be a bust per se but a fish dies from the head down so he is on the list.

P.S I tried to make a poll but I am not smart enough  to do so-guess I fit right in with the jets....

Where did all those Becton supporters go?

not talking about steel beams either….

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, kmnj said:

Zach-taken to be the franchise QB but might be one of the worst to ever put on the jersey

Joe D-drafted tons of bad players including not one but two first round busts in Zach and Becton-years after he took over the team still is as bad maybe worse than when he got here.  

Becton-slow fat and a bad player-he is the exact opposite of D Brick 

Saleh-terrible record and his team consistently quits on him

Woody-not sure the owner can be a bust per se but a fish dies from the head down so he is on the list.

P.S I tried to make a poll but I am not smart enough  to do so-guess I fit right in with the jets....

Woody hands down!

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

IIRC there weren't really rumors of us taking Mahomes.  Didn't the org decide that the following year's QB class (Darnold) was better?

I was all in on Darnold.  Ugh... Got that one wrong.  I was also sure Josh Allen would never make it past his rookie contract.  Two of my wort takes ever. 

4 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Woody hands down!

Yep.  The only factor common to each and every single disaster year and disaster regime.  There was a good reason Belichick and everyone else left the Jets on a greased rail when they got a load of Woody.

HE is the disfunction and will continue to be

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I was all in on Darnold.  Ugh... Got that one wrong.  I was also sure Josh Allen would never make it past his rookie contract.  Two of my wort takes ever. 

Same with me on Darnold.  I thought everything was finally about to change for the better when we got him.    

Pretty sure I felt Josh Allen was a stay-away too.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Yep.  The only factor common to each and every single disaster year and disaster regime.  There was a good reason Belichick and everyone else left the Jets on a greased rail when they got a load of Woody.

HE is the disfunction and will continue to be

We see the GMs and the Coaches come and go.

But an NFL team is not like the White House.  When the coaches and GMs come and go, the people in the building stay.  They are what is rotten to the core. 

A lot of the scouts are the same.  The guys who missed Tommy Cutlets and Victor Cruz, among many others.  The trainers are the same.  Many of the strength people are the same.

Without googling it, who can name the Jets S&C Coach?  We knew John Lott.  We knew Sal Alosi.  Who is in charge here?  The team is in terrible physical shape.  A friend of mine said they picked a track guy that knew nothing about football.  

How about the doctors?  The ones who give the players terrible advice.  Guys like Aaron Rodgers would not touch a Jets’ doctor with a 10 foot pole.  

Woody should know better than waste his money trying to replace the guys on staff when AR8 is already committed to come back in 2024.  Let them all ride it out on the last year of their contracts.  Then maybe Woody will have had enough and let someone else clean it up, from top to bottom.  

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

While most of us look at your statement and immediately start dreaming about what Mahomes and Quentin Nelson could've done for the franchise, @The Crusher is mesmerized by thoughts of "having seconds" 3 different times!

And, yes, I know they would be considered "thirds" and "fourths" but work with me here!

Well 2 of the seconds, were actually 2nd rounders lol cause we got one from the Richardson trade. This is also assuming that Mahomes sits for 1 season like he did in KC so we are bad enough to land the same pick in the following draft.

It also could have meant Buffalo jumping to #3 and taking Darnold. That draft was an arms race between the Jets and Bills to get up as high as possible. Maybe they still take Allen since the staff was from Carolina but could be very different.

On 12/18/2023 at 12:01 PM, Plen T said:

Becton by a large margin

his attitude is dog sh*t and he is TERRIBLE

Becton is simply the latest in a long line of first and second round busts. JD needs to hit a grand slam in this draft and FA or he is on the hot seat. I think Salah is toast, the team quits on him and he isn't savvy enough offensively to see how "Hack"ett's offense is hot garbage.

All these long handoff's on run plays is just assinine as the OL cannot hold up. Straight ahead running would be a better option.

• Sympathy 1

On 12/18/2023 at 9:43 AM, BP said:

Roger Vick was specifically drafted in the first round to stop Andre tippet from pile driving Ken O’Brien. For what it’s worth. 

I was in the "thralls of my career" from 85 to 90 and don't remember much. BUT...  reviewed Vicks stats, he deserves honorable mention on a BUST list.  

22 hours ago, Bugg said:

The consensus may not have been Mahomes. But it absolutely was taking a safety that high was beyond idiotic, especially for a team that practically had no offense at the time. And yet Bowles was grinning ear to ear like it was a f___in' coup. 

Taking Lam Jones over Anthony Munoz or O'Brien over Marino, also up there. Both on par with taking Zack Wilson over Parsons or Sewell. 

I wanted Watson.

So, I had nothing better to do while having a few beers and found the discussion interesting.  Can't believe we made 3 pages without mention of Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp.  I would put that 2 behind Adams over Mahomes.

Addressing the overall conversation, I recall a very vocal minority clamoring for Mahomes and/or Watson.   I couldn't say either way because I didn't follow college football that closely, but the braintrust of the organization (insert any LOLs here) is supposed to be responsible for identifying these guys and understanding that the QB situation was poop and a viable option was there.

I'd go Gholston next....not much in opportunity cost as that draft sucked, but 0 sacks....really?

Hack because he kind of led to the Adams/Mahome fiasco but was only a second round pick.

I'll give some credence to O'B over Marino.   But at least OB was a somewhat serviceable QB for a while.

Honorable mention to Darnold.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pajet said:

So, I had nothing better to do while having a few beers and found the discussion interesting.  Can't believe we made 3 pages without mention of Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp.  I would put that 2 behind Adams over Mahomes.

Addressing the overall conversation, I recall a very vocal minority clamoring for Mahomes and/or Watson.   I couldn't say either way because I didn't follow college football that closely, but the braintrust of the organization (insert any LOLs here) is supposed to be responsible for identifying these guys and understanding that the QB situation was poop and a viable option was there.

I'd go Gholston next....not much in opportunity cost as that draft sucked, but 0 sacks....really?

Hack because he kind of led to the Adams/Mahome fiasco but was only a second round pick.

I'll give some credence to O'B over Marino.   But at least OB was a somewhat serviceable QB for a while.

Honorable mention to Darnold.

It’s incredible that we have had so many horrific bust draft picks yet Zach is still head and shoulders above everyone else.  

• Upvote 2

The answer, while a 2nd round pick, is Christian Hackenberg.  He 1 of 2 players since like 1980 to be drafted in the 2nd round and never play a single down in the NFL (not due to injury).  Dude is in rare air.  

Gholston is up there w/ the all timers.  Wilson is unique because we've never seen a player so bad, given so much opportunity.  He's a mega wega colossal bust.

Opportunity cost?  

Jamal Adams - Mahomes/Watson was obvious but I remember that time well, 90% of this board wanted to wait for Sam Darnold.

Bryan Thomas - not a bust but dude was taken over Ed Reed when Abe and Ellis were on the team.

Kyle Brady -  We want Sapp!  We want Sapp!  This fanbase has know more than the team for years.

Robertson - traded up, Suggs and Polamalu on the board.

Becton should not be on this list, like not at all.  Dee Milliner was 1000000x a bigger bust.  Calvin Pryor played 3 years in the NFL and was taken 18th overall.  Tiny Backer was taken 20th, played 4 seasons.  Becton has had and will have a better career then all those busts. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JustInFudge said:

The answer, while a 2nd round pick, is Christian Hackenberg.  He 1 of 2 players since like 1980 to be drafted in the 2nd round and never play a single down in the NFL (not due to injury).  Dude is in rare air.  

Gholston is up there w/ the all timers.  Wilson is unique because we've never seen a player so bad, given so much opportunity.  He's a mega wega colossal bust.

Opportunity cost?  

Jamal Adams - Mahomes/Watson was obvious but I remember that time well, 90% of this board wanted to wait for Sam Darnold.

Bryan Thomas - not a bust but dude was taken over Ed Reed when Abe and Ellis were on the team.

Kyle Brady -  We want Sapp!  We want Sapp!  This fanbase has know more than the team for years.

Robertson - traded up, Suggs and Polamalu on the board.

Becton should not be on this list, like not at all.  Dee Milliner was 1000000x a bigger bust.  Calvin Pryor played 3 years in the NFL and was taken 18th overall.  Tiny Backer was taken 20th, played 4 seasons.  Becton has had and will have a better career then all those busts. 

As much as I hate Adams and think he’s an overrated clown he can’t be considered a bust we got two firsts for him

Becton gets a ton of hate here but he will have a nice long career in the NFL 

• Haha 1

On 12/18/2023 at 5:40 PM, Bugg said:

Either Sewell or Parsons should have been the pick. 

Or Jamar Chase

Imagine thinking a kid who was in an open competition for the BYU starting job 6 months prior to the draft, based on a) COVID tape in a year he faced zero f—ing pass rush and b) on a stupid f—ing pro day throw, was a better football player than any of those legit studs.

Joe Douglas is a conceited schmuck and deserves every bit of scorn he has received over the Kapono travesty.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Or Jamar Chase

Imagine thinking a kid who was in an open competition for the BYU starting job 6 months prior to the draft, based on a) COVID tape in a year he faced zero f—ing pass rush and b) on a stupid f—ing pro day throw, was a better football player than any of those legit studs.

Joe Douglas is a conceited schmuck and deserves every bit of scorn he has received over the Kapono travesty.

Joe Dogass. Too much, too soon. I'm in charge, now! Wheeee! 

Total trainwreck, start to finish. The grande finale will be 2024. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal Adams goes on IR, Zach Wilson in witness protection. Both of their respective teams taking a bath on their contracts next season. The Biggest Bust Debate gets more ammo

Sign jamal to a vet minimum deal next year after the seahawks cut him.

Then we can cut him at the end of camp.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1