offensive line

swampman

thisoffensive line is the worst in the league no matter who is at quarterback the defense will be in the backfield. this game today with them was disgusting not only cant they block to give the quarterback a little time they also cant block for the running backsthey will just hold and get penalties did you see all the penalties by the line especially the second half 1st and 30 2nd and 40 you kidding me we almost lost that game due to their incompetence couldnt move the ball the whole second half till the last minute. and it doesnt help that we have the worst quarterbacks in the league every other teams back ups are better than ours terrible. before rodgers comes back next year we have to clean house with that line especially becton rodgers wont stand a chance and dare i say hackett is one of the worst play callers ive ever seen. our defense is on the field to much and get worn down they have no time to get air. get rid  of this line and also get a decent backup quarterbackjust in case send zach to the cfl ot something asap no nfl hes a bust.  joe douglass start doing your job

• Upvote 4

I thought the line did a respectable job today. The one holding call on Becton was because Siemian left a clean pocket and rolled left into the rush. He then did the same thing to the right on the next play but Warren didn’t hold. He had a pretty clean pocket most of the day. All lines give up some pressure. If Wilson left a clean pocket like that this place would be going nuts.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

I think a massive part of it this year is Keith Carter.

He needs to be let go in the offseason and they have to bring in someone serious. 

Yeah that was a bad hire from the getgo and that was a rare unanimous opinion here. There are a good amount of o-line coaches that seem to rotate and have success but we chose one that was failing. Same with Hackett. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I heard the OL let Zach get pounded into the Earth against the Dolphins because Zach went cheap on the Christmas presents. 

Hopefully he gave those dogs nothing.  Stupidest tradition in the nfl.   Jets oline deserves coal.  I know this cause as kid I always got coal.

If you are good and good long term you deserve gifts.  Thinking of guys like spencer long, wayne hunter and mecki becton getting gifts for being terrible bugs me to no end.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Ruckert as the move TE seemed to work well.  

Tippmans high snaps were a problem all day 

worst defense in the league you would expect an improvement in areas. 

Hack apparently moved away from Cook up the middle to Hall off tackle and that helped 

2 hours ago, swampman said:

thisoffensive line is the worst in the league no matter who is at quarterback the defense will be in the backfield. this game today with them was disgusting not only cant they block to give the quarterback a little time they also cant block for the running backsthey will just hold and get penalties did you see all the penalties by the line especially the second half 1st and 30 2nd and 40 you kidding me we almost lost that game due to their incompetence couldnt move the ball the whole second half till the last minute. and it doesnt help that we have the worst quarterbacks in the league every other teams back ups are better than ours terrible. before rodgers comes back next year we have to clean house with that line especially becton rodgers wont stand a chance and dare i say hackett is one of the worst play callers ive ever seen. our defense is on the field to much and get worn down they have no time to get air. get rid  of this line and also get a decent backup quarterbackjust in case send zach to the cfl ot something asap no nfl hes a bust.  joe douglass start doing your job

That is one hell of a run on sentence. 

On 12/24/2023 at 6:37 PM, bd71 said:

Bottom line- it’s bad.  Out of the bunch, they have AVT and Tippman for 2024.  I just don’t think this team can count on any one else as a starter.  Awful.

Draft LT in first Round, Sign John Runyon to play G and that gives you 4/5th of the line with Tippman and AVT. Frankly, I do not think anyone is going to pay Becton for the season he had and with his injury history. I could see the Jets re-signing Becton to play RT. After all he is good friends with AR8, and I think that if Becton is lined up next to a good G and at RT his play may very well not be nearly as suspect.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Draft LT in first Round, Sign John Runyon to play G and that gives you 4/5th of the line with Tippman and AVT. Frankly, I do not think anyone is going to pay Becton for the season he had and with his injury history. I could see the Jets re-signing Becton to play RT. After all he is good friends with AR8, and I think that if Becton is lined up next to a good G and at RT his play may very well not be nearly as suspect.

I nominate Sonny here to replace JD

• Upvote 1

On 12/24/2023 at 6:57 PM, football guy said:

Offensive line played below average against the league worst defense that traded their best 2 DEs midseason. There were definitely times where they help strong up front but still way too many breakdowns that led to stalled drives in the second half. 

At minimum: new OL coach, sign a starting LT, draft Taliese Fuaga to play RT. 

What UFA LT will be available? You can't count on Bakhtiari

Definitely a new OL coach.

Becton hasn't looked good since his sprained ankle, now knee.

If possible and reasonable, I would try and resign Becton. This season was really just his 2nd season of experience.

14 minutes ago, C Mart said:

What UFA LT will be available? You can't count on Bakhtiari

Definitely a new OL coach.

Becton hasn't looked good since his sprained ankle, now knee.

If possible and reasonable, I would try and resign Becton. This season was really just his 2nd season of experience.

The only FA OT who would be considered a decent starter is Jonah Williams.   After Jonah.....

George Fant is a free agent but the Texans have a lot of cap space and I cant imagine he would ever come back here. 

Jack Driscoll from Phila has been a swing tackel but maybe has upside or could be a swing tackle for us.

I didnt get to see much of the game sunday but the more work we can get for Carter Warren over the next 2 weeks, the better as it would be a huge help if he could be the 2024 RT.  I dont think Becton is someone I trust - he seems like he has a terrible attitude to go along with medicore play and an injury history but at the same time, this team needs to draft a QB to sit behind rogers so im torn about what to do with our first round pick.

It does seem like the group of second tier OTs in the draft is pretty big so is it a good time to trade back to get a 2nd to use on an OT?