Dalvin Cook Released

Just now, Team archer said:

Why are people pretending that Cook wasnt a luxury signing? He was viewed as a backup behind Breece. He was a rental and nothing else. He was trash, move on

LOL

So what was drafting Ichabod McDonald?

• Haha 3

I was pleased when we signed Cook. I thought he'd have enough left in the tank and be the piece that took us over the top. 

I was so wrong!

But, In his defence, the line is not really worthy of being called a line. 

• Upvote 4

Baffling signing when it was made but the truly astounding thing was that they kept him has RB2 for the majority of the season despite ample evidence he was toast.

There was a period where Breece was first in YPC while Cook was last among qualifiers. Doesn't get much more cut and dry than that.

• Upvote 4

I was pleased when we signed Cook. I thought he'd have enough left in the tank and be the piece that took us over the top. 
I was so wrong!
But, In his defence, the line is not really worthy of being called a line. 
Definitely had his moments last year...interesting to see where he ends up... have to think Lawson is next

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Making luxury signings and luxury draft picks while the oline and WR room goes down in flames is peak Douglas 

Man is the type to buy a Ferrari while his teeth are rotting out of his mouth 

Nailed it! 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Every single player that the jets brought in to appease Rodgers was an epic fail of monstrous proportions.  All of them.

Rodgers should have ZERO say on any other part of the team this year.

(Can;t wait to over pay for a broken down Bakhtiari and offer our 1st rounder plus for Davnate Adams.!)

Yup. Dogass doesn't care, he just does whatever he's told. Useless as a wet blanket.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He must really have been making a fuss.  If a playoff team would sign him, wouldn't he also be in line for a 2024 contract that might rate on the comp pick formula.  I get those aren't the most important things, but if we think letting Huff walk for one is okay, how can they explain letting this sh*t walk for 1 game and some playoff money and getting nothing back?

I was thinking this, too. Yeah it's nice -- if we still get a comp pick. If we don't, then we... what, gave up a pick to be nice? Then they have to trade a player or (more likely) trade down to recoup it?

He'd have gotten signed somewhere next year. Given the hit to his reputation before he got here, I think it'd be about a 6th round comp (in effect a 7th round pick), but as much or more than the player drafted there (Tom Brady notwithstanding) where they often have more value is as a throw-in to even out another trade without surrendering one of our remaining picks or by accepting a lower pick in return.