Rapoport: Jets Expected to Trade Zach Wilson This Offseason

Zach-benched-vs-Buffalo.jpg

Breaking news report claims the Jets are planning on trading quarterback Zach Wilson this offseason which should come as a surprise to absolutely nobody. But which other Jets players could be suiting up for Gang Green one last time today against the Patriots?

Mekhi Becton?  John Franklin-Myers?  Bryce Huff?

All likely or possibly done with Gang Green as of 4pm today.

The post Rapoport: Jets Expected to Trade Zach Wilson This Offseason appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

21 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Can’t see anyone trading for Zach Wilson. Why would u trade draft capital for a 3rd string qb? And pay him 11 mill a season to boot. 

The starting price is assuming his $5.4mm 2024 contract.  The rest of that $11mm is his amortized bonus that the Jets are being charged regardless.

My guess is that the Jets “buy a draft pick”-they will assume some of that $5.4mm if the trading team gives us at least a 3rd round draft pick.   Then JD has to find the money to sign another QB2.  I would bring Siemian back, TBQH.  

• Ugh 1

19 minutes ago, varjet said:

The starting price is assuming his $5.4mm 2024 contract.  The rest of that $11mm is his amortized bonus that the Jets are being charged regardless.

My guess is that the Jets “buy a draft pick”-they will assume some of that $5.4mm if the trading team gives us at least a 3rd round draft pick.   Then JD has to find the money to sign another QB2.  I would bring Siemian back, TBQH.  

Yep good chance they eat some of it but it won’t/can’t be all of it. His new team still has to pay him at least the minimum salary he’s due. They may have to eat his $4.4MM roster bonus, though, and take a pick in 2025’s draft.

We’ll see. Most/all of us are on board with any deal they get, so long as something  gets done.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yep good chance they eat some of it but it won’t/can’t be all of it. His new team still has to pay him at least the minimum salary he’s due. They may have to eat his $4.4MM roster bonus, though, and take a pick in 2025’s draft.

We’ll see. Most/all of us are on board with any deal they get, so long as something  gets done.

The Jets should give up a low round pick to the team that takes Zach and his roster bonus. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets should give up a low round pick to the team that takes Zach and his roster bonus. 

Lmao 

They probably have to get something in return, but yeah in theory it could be some practice squad nobody. 

I’m sympathetic but it’s unlikely. For the Jets the money is a sunk cost; not so for other teams. Just for that reason alone the Jets are more likely to buy a pick for Zach than anyone else.

Expecting they eat $4.4MM and get a 5th-6th. If Douglas gets more, bully for us.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Easy 4th maybe a 3rd

dumb dumbs, lots of team will be interesTed because they think that the jets ruined him or did t develop him right.

In what universe ? The jets exposed how bad he is.. At least Lance still has yet to be given a true chance, and still only got a 4th. Zach has had a million chances, and shown his terrible he is time and time again.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What's the latest pick that can be traded. Trade him for a 2027 pick if they'll make it a higher one.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Easy 4th maybe a 3rd

dumb dumbs, lots of team will be interesTed because they think that the jets ruined him or did t develop him right.

What QB have the Jets developed?Please tell me. Sanchez. We played great defense and ran the ball, behind a great offensive line. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Can’t see anyone trading for Zach Wilson. Why would u trade draft capital for a 3rd string qb? And pay him 11 mill a season to boot. 

Cowboys traded for Trey Lance didnt they? Zach has actually been better than Lance, which aint saying much - but he was.  What Niners get a 4th?  I could see a 4th for Zach.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

I think next season Zach can be a backup QB per game. He has the skills to be able to make plays for shorter period of times. He can bring a team back with his arm. But if a longer term injury for starter I don't see him consistently running an offense. He didn't here for the most part. I'd use him as backup but not the starter. So far his football IQ is low. 

7 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Cowboys traded for Trey Lance didnt they? Zach has actually been better than Lance, which aint saying much - but he was.  What Niners get a 4th?  I could see a 4th for Zach.

Zach Wilson has more interceptions than tds. 
trey lance has more tds than interceptions.  

I think both suck. But id take lance over wilson all day. We never got to see much of lance. Only 4 starts. There is 3 years of film of Zach Wilson being historically bad.

Just can’t see any team giving up a 4th rd pick for zippy. 

• Upvote 3

image.png.9fc1da46a29ad9339ac22e051b5ddcc9.png

So we're now deciding to move on from him when his arrow is pointing up for the first time. If he doesn't just hate our team at this point, no reason to not keep him around as a backup. He took a step forward on a terrible team.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Zach Wilson has more interceptions than tds. 
trey lance has more tds than interceptions.  

I think both suck. But id take lance over wilson all day. We never got to see much of lance. Only 4 starts. There is 3 years of film of Zach Wilson being historically bad.

Just can’t see any team giving up a 4th rd pick for zippy. 

And the Cowboys traded for Lance with 2 years left on his deal.  More value in that deal than Wilson carries with 1 year left, that’s for sure.