Davante Adams Cost

Not sure about everyone else… but it seems very realistic we trade for Adams this offseason. LV doesn’t have a QB and Adams’ contract doesn’t make sense for them if they’re rebuilding or even further… not contenders.

We also heard we tried to make a trade for him at trade deadline and LV didn’t want to. But seems we clearly have interest.

Unlike some of Rodgers other “buddies”… this guy actually is completely worth it and a difference maker. Still a top 5-10 WR in the league. GE and Adams for me would be the best WR duo in the league.

What do we think realistically it’ll cost to make him a Jet?

My guess is a 4th this year and a 2nd next year.

And once Adams is here… he restructures and makes his deal more team friendly. 

• Thumb Down 4
  • Ugh 1

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The RAiders are not in full rebuild mode, they just hired the incumbent coach, there are QBs out there and the guy they used last last year did pretty well.

They have no reason to trade Adams at all.

People keep thinking they are going to do the jets some big favor, they aren't.

I'll be the Raiders GM in this negotiation.   We have no reason to trade this player, but there is a price, two first rounders and he is yours.

The Jets have potentially lame duck coach and GM.

We are not getting Adams.

I hope to the good Lord you are right. That would put me over the edge.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

I ultimately expect them to sign Mike Evans. I know that sounds like a pipe-dream, but there are a few reasons why I get the sense this one will happen: 

1. Both sides couldn’t come to an agreement on an extension prior to this season, mainly because the Bucs don’t want to pay Evans elite money given his age (makes sense)
  2. The franchise tag price for Evans is $28+ million, which is prohibitive for them considering all their free agents (more on that below)
  3. The Bucs have several other key free agents who are going to eat up a lot of money, namely Baker Mayfield, Antoine Winfield, Lavonte David, Devin White, among many others 
  4. The Jets and Evans got a feel for each other this past offseason in joint practices that were held in Florham Park
  5. Jets made several attempts to trade for Evans prior to the deadline
  6. Jets will likely be the highest bidders out there as they’ll be hellbent to get another superstar WR to align with Rodgers 2-3 year window

But Mike Evans called Quinnen Williams fat

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not sure about everyone else… but it seems very realistic we trade for Adams this offseason. LV doesn’t have a QB and Adams’ contract doesn’t make sense for them if they’re rebuilding or even further… not contenders.

We also heard we tried to make a trade for him at trade deadline and LV didn’t want to. But seems we clearly have interest.

Unlike some of Rodgers other “buddies”… this guy actually is completely worth it and a difference maker. Still a top 5-10 WR in the league. GE and Adams for me would be the best WR duo in the league.

What do we think realistically it’ll cost to make him a Jet?

My guess is a 4th this year and a 2nd next year.

And once Adams is here… he restructures and makes his deal more team friendly. 

Raiders are gonna sign Russell Wilson for the vet min so he can go against Denver. Then I think they draft a QB if one falls to them. I think Adams only becomes available at the deadline.

3 hours ago, football guy said:

I ultimately expect them to sign Mike Evans. I know that sounds like a pipe-dream, but there are a few reasons why I get the sense this one will happen: 

1. Both sides couldn’t come to an agreement on an extension prior to this season, mainly because the Bucs don’t want to pay Evans elite money given his age (makes sense)
  2. The franchise tag price for Evans is $28+ million, which is prohibitive for them considering all their free agents (more on that below)
  3. The Bucs have several other key free agents who are going to eat up a lot of money, namely Baker Mayfield, Antoine Winfield, Lavonte David, Devin White, among many others 
  4. The Jets and Evans got a feel for each other this past offseason in joint practices that were held in Florham Park
  6. Jets will likely be the highest bidders out there as they’ll be hellbent to get another superstar WR to align with Rodgers 2-3 year window

Would like to hope so but the Jets never get it right.

Wouldn’t cost anything in draft compensation.

Evans probably has 1 good to great year left in what will be his age-31 season.

I’d expect him to fall off a cliff in 2025.

11 hours ago, football guy said:

I'd like this route more too. Don't have to give up draft assets to get Evans.

I just question him coming here.

He's a guy that's played for TB his whole career, a team that just made it to the divisional round in the playoffs and no state taxes in FL.

We'd have to offer him quite a bit more for his take home money to be the same as it would be in TB.

Also if I remember those joint practices with TB didn't go very well. Didn't the practices have to get cut short bc there was just fighting going on? So if anything... those joint practices might have hurt us.

• Upvote 1

Evans is a reasonable choice. He is a solid receiver, will cost zero draft picks and won’t break the bank. A big target, great complement to Wilson. He’s not the exclusive answer, but we are a better team with him on the roster.

21 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Tee Higgins

At least he's only 25.  I'd feel better about the Jets paying him than Mike Evans (even though I'd be happy if we got Mike Evans, certainly a lot happier than if we traded for Devante Adams).

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

Evans is a reasonable choice. He is a solid receiver, will cost zero draft picks and won’t break the bank. A big target, great complement to Wilson. He’s not the exclusive answer, but we are a better team with him on the roster.

Are we sure he won't break the bank (or at least try to)?  Why leave a comfortable situation in Tampa for the Jets unless he's getting paid extra to do so.