Rex Hogan Departs: Merged

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The timing makes me think it has to be somehow related to the Athletic article this morning. Which was very critical of Saleh, Hackett, Wilson, Rodgers, and Woody.... And pretty soft on the front office.

With the jets where there’s smoke there’s fire.  Quite possible they fired who they found out is a leak.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The timing makes me think it has to be somehow related to the Athletic article this morning. Which was very critical of Saleh, Hackett, Wilson, Rodgers, and Woody.... And pretty soft on the front office.

I mean it’s senior bowl week. He was presumably there working. Interesting time to move on.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Rex, to my knowledge, was not the leaker.

This…in my opinion…is not good.  He’s very well respected in the league and reading the tea leaves, it sounds like he may be jumping ship with the thought process of that there’s a good chance that we’re going to crash and burn this season.

Fantastic.

Yeah, mutually doesn’t mean he was canned. He could have quit.

Mutual doesn’t exist when it comes to a job. You with get fired or quit. It’s all about who initiated it. What you call it is just PR.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Guess Woody wasn’t happy with that article that hit today and Rex was the fall guy 

Im betting some random Jets fan saw Woody and yelled out his car “it’s Hogan! Hogan was the leaker!”. Woody returned to office and made the decision to fire him.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Another “mutual parting of the ways” eh

Waiting for this news to be about Bobby Slogans

Go read the story in NY Post about him wanting to confiscate coaching staffs phones. I can’t copy paste it to post. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Him wanting to get out and get a job before the whole sh*t house goes up in flames was my first thought when I read this. Doesn't mean it's going to happen but it is a lame duck season as of now.

Do you believe in Astrology?

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Jets beat on top of it

• Haha 1

Knew this was coming.  JD needs his scapegoat.  I read here that is was Rex who was a big fan behind Zack Wilson that draft.  I don't buy it and even if he was who cares as assistant GMs dont pick your #2 potential FQB.  Assist GM like vice president they go run the space program or something.

But I have always suspected tho Rex had his hand in guys like Bam, Adams, Brownlee, etc.. type of players and would do no worse than JD has done.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I know JD had a relationship with Fitterer from Carolina.  Wonder if he is brought in to fill a hole now that he is fired from the panthers. 

Fitterer experience primarily within the Seahawks organization. Was there when Saleh, Keith Carter, Ulbrich were all in Seattle. 

Interesting….

Jets go with Joe Douglas over Seahawks executive Scott Fitterer as new General Manager

By Mookie Alexander 

on June 9, 2019 1:34 pm

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/6/9/18658810/new-york-jets-joe-douglas-seattle-seahawks-executive-scott-fitterer-general-manager-nfl-news

12 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Rex, to my knowledge, was not the leaker.

This…in my opinion…is not good.  He’s very well respected in the league and reading the tea leaves, it sounds like he may be jumping ship with the thought process of that there’s a good chance that we’re going to crash and burn this season.

Fantastic.

Thank you for all the inside knowledge of what is going on with the team.  Are we going to resign Huff?

4 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Poor, innocent JD.  He must be so good at his job, while simply having the worst luck that absolutely everyone surrounding him, including those he himself hired, have been clearly to blame for all of the team's endless stream of failures during his time.

Well maybe if people weren't throwing pretzels at him all the time, he could draft better players.

Look at the record:  The Breece Hall, Garrett Wilson, Jermain Johnson and Sauce Garder year the reported pretzel incidents were down 92%.

Before and after that it was pretzels gone wild. Give the man some space and let him work.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

The regulars here know there’s always another floor below the one we’re standing on now

I mean one more year of sucking? So 14 years of playoffsless football. One more house cleaning and rebuild. The Jets being the laughinstock of the NFL. Players vs Management and so on and so on. 13 years of terrible football, horrible coaching and incapable GMs have prepared me for the next

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Rex Hogan always felt like the post-Tannenbaum version of Teflon Terry Bradway.

Considering he’s one of the a—wipes who “stood on the table” for Kapono 😳, he should consider himself fortunate he lasted this long…

Remember when Bradway was the GM and then fired and then given another job with the Jets?

• Haha 4