Rex Hogan Departs: Merged

40 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

According to a deep dive by ESPN's Rich Cimini, Jets assistant general manager Rex Hogan and ex-offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur went as far as to say No. 2 overall pick Zach Wilson was a better prospect than Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence

BYE!

Smells like Douglas playing the blame game in the media to me.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Smells like Douglas playing the blame game in the media to me.

There have to be consequences and this is an easy one.  Both saleh and douglas are on their last life in the video game.  Not only do they have to pray rodgers makes it through most of the season, they need to find a competent backup qb as well.  Should lead to some desperation moves.

• Upvote 4

I don't think Hogan leaving is any real loss for the team. He oversaw scouting and roster development as assistant GM and I don't know anybody around here who thinks a good job was done with any of that outside of one fortunate draft. He had a similar position under Maccagnan who also oversaw a terribly constructed roster. For whatever strengths he may have in scouting or draft picks, he sure isn't the right guy to manage this much of an organization.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Incompetent people do not like having subordinates that seem to be more capable than them.  

Very true.  But, I would argue that if you are incompetent, and you have a incompetent subordinate, then the ship will only sink faster.

If I was incompetent, I would want a very competent subordinate, so that he or she might be able to cover up some of my faults.

But that's just me.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Alka said:

Very true.  But, I would argue that if you are incompetent, and you have a incompetent subordinate, then the ship will only sink faster.

If I was incompetent, I would want a very competent subordinate, so that he or she might be able to cover up some of my faults.

But that's just me.

How can this ship ever sink when we are already on the ocean floor.

The Russini article and Hogan leaving don't change a thing. 

Saleh and JD have 1 lame duck year to turn this around and make the playoffs or everyone is getting fired. Period. 

All this faux drama is getting me pumped.  ARod about to go medevil on all your asses!  

Excited Ultimate Warrior GIF by WWE

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Rodgers probably in there already banging the table for his LT buddy and a bunch of other washed up hasbeens

Im being serious too, he’s probably like yeah I’m not doing this again F this and GOODBYE 

Many people in this thread missed the obvious.  Rex Hogan wanted to leave.  He's well regarded and will get hired somewhere else.  Why would he want to stay?  This front office has become the circus we all thought had left town.

• Post of the Week 2

Random annoyance...

I always hated how in the draft videos, he was the one calling mostly everyone to tell them they were picked, then handing the phone to JD or whoever. 

Not that it's his fault, but like every player replied to Hogan as "coach"... for WHATEVER reason, that always got under my skin lol.