Hello Mike Vrabel?

9 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I'm thinking there has been a discreet phone call to Vrabel from Woody today. Hogan getting canned is not the end of this. Saleh may not be here much longer. 

Woody is way too stupid. Not sure he can even make a phone call...

• Sympathy 1

Letting these two go final rodeo with a 40+ year old QB with an albatross contract is just *chefs kiss*

But also, Vrabel is fine, but get a coaching staff that can actually run offensive football. I don't expect them to win with this incompetent ownership, but the games would possibly be more interesting than watching paint dry.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:
Hello, it's me
I've thought about us for a long long time
Maybe I think too much but something's wrong
There's something here, doesn't last too long
Maybe I shouldn't think of you as mine

I know I’m old but what a wonderful song compared th the majority of garbage produced today

• Upvote 1

When the Jets hired Adam Gase, it was basically Gase or Mike McCarthy.    McCarthy in retrospect seemed like the better choice, and many here thought it was tired and washed up.   And Woody thought expensive.  But once the Cowboys swooped him up, many of us thought Gase-an offensive minded former HC who actually used to beat up on the Jets with the Dolphins, was the next best choice.  

There is Vrabel available now.  Who the heck knows who is available next year.  BB is even available now.  

We have the potential to end up with a real pile of doo doo next year, and I wonder if Saleh now is broken given his other mistakes.  

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Saleh isn't going anywhere because Woody Johnson is a f*cking retard.

The jets didn’t say happy b day to Saleh, we need to sick jets Twitter on woody and tell him to clean house now while he has this out 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Even if only some of what is in The Athletic's article is accurate, it is a damning indictment on the absolute disfunction and failure of this regime and portends disaster going forward. I'm thinking there has been a discreet phone call to Vrabel from Woody today. Hogan getting canned is not the end of this. Saleh may not be here much longer. 

I agree wholeheartedly with what you wrote but I don't see Woody backing off from...

Woody-Mydecisionistokeepthem.thumb.jpg.b3516fdafd57b74ee9f9bbc371fc8ab1.jpg

47 minutes ago, varjet said:

When the Jets hired Adam Gase, it was basically Gase or Mike McCarthy.    McCarthy in retrospect seemed like the better choice, and many here thought it was tired and washed up.   And Woody thought expensive.  But once the Cowboys swooped him up, many of us thought Gase-an offensive minded former HC who actually used to beat up on the Jets with the Dolphins, was the next best choice.  

There is Vrabel available now.  Who the heck knows who is available next year.  BB is even available now.  

We have the potential to end up with a real pile of doo doo next year, and I wonder if Saleh now is broken given his other mistakes.  

I was happy at the time that we didn't hire McCarthy and, tbh, I still don't care that we didn't.  But Vrabel is a completely different story.  This is a guy who can put his stamp on this organization and be here for a long time.  And guys like him aren't available very often.  I couldn't given 2 sh-ts that he "doesn't match with our timeline" (e.g. we want to give Saleh another year to see what he can do with AR8.  If it doesn't work out, we'll find a new HC next year).  Woody has a huge opportunity here and he seems to just be letting it go right by.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, nyjets1969 said:

Jets should have cleaned house and hired Harbaugh president of football operations thats the only way to fix this mess .

That would've been fine by me too.  Though I still think Vrabel would've been the better choice because I feel like Harbaugh is the "burn out after 3-4 years" type (a la Parcells).  Vrabel seems like he's got a lot of years in him, imo.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:
Hello, it's me
I've thought about us for a long long time
Maybe I think too much but something's wrong
There's something here, doesn't last too long
Maybe I shouldn't think of you as mine

If only Woody saw the light!

• Upvote 1

Saleh put out a slightly better record this year and the same record as Vrabel last year. Saleh had ZW and the band of misfit backups both years while Vrabel had Levis this year (IMO better than ZW) and Tannehill (who some wanted the Jets to sign in the offseason). Vrabel has had better seasons but 2024 Vrabel seems like another HC destined to get the Jets to mediocrity. The Jets also need to bring in a young QB this year or next and I'd be worried that he's not the guy to get a young QB coached up. TEN sure didn't think he was. (Saleh isn't either, though.)

Neither of these guys should be the HC.