Woody Johnson Opens up on Frustrations With Jets Struggles

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

To be fair, there was not a lot to be done.  You don't get a lot of starting QB's sitting around at home in September.  And the Joshua Dobbs story was fun for a couple of weeks, until he got pulled to ride the pine.  

In addition to Dobbs, the following QBs were among the available QBs for the Jets in September:  Joe Flacco, Carson Wentz, PJ Walker, Will Grier, Bailey Zappe, Nick Mullens, Josh Johnson.

Now, I'm not saying the options above were particularly appealing, but keep in mind that Siemian wasn't even added to the team until 15 days after the Rodgers injury, and didn't make it to the active roster until late November.  

It would have been nice to see some urgency at the QB position once Rodgers went down, and there was absolutely zero.  Yet we have Woody Johnson publicly stating after the season we "didn't have a backup QB"?  Come the f**k on....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pac said:

The comments in this thread are silly.  You can't in the same post say that Woody is the stupidest owner in sports while simultaneously saying his throwing shade on Zip ruins potential compensation.

Does anyone really think GM's and coaches just changed their opinion of Zap because Woody talked some ish?  Puhhlease..

Zap is going to fetch a 4th with an outside chance of a 3rd because a coach is going to love the tools and be convinced they can turn him into a player.  They may not be wrong.

In the meantime I like the tough talk Woody throwing out playoff mandates, saying he dressed down the front office, crapping on Wilson, and saying he is committed to getting offensive help all while wearing 3 lbs of bling.

Screw the haters Woodrow..  keep on talking your sht.

lol.  Nearly every single thing in this post is wrong.  Impressive.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Is there a big difference in cap hit between trading him or releasing him

I believe it’s a decent amount. Too lazy to look it up. But trading him is basically for the purpose of someone covering part of his contract.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In addition to Dobbs, the following QBs were among the available QBs for the Jets in September:  Joe Flacco, Carson Wentz, PJ Walker, Will Grier, Bailey Zappe, Nick Mullens, Josh Johnson.

Now, I'm not saying the options above were particularly appealing, but keep in mind that Siemian wasn't even added to the team until 15 days after the Rodgers injury, and didn't make it to the active roster until late November.  

It would have been nice to see some urgency at the QB position once Rodgers went down, and there was absolutely zero.  Yet we have Woody Johnson publicly stating after the season we "didn't have a backup QB"?  Come the f**k on....

I get it....But none of the above would have moved the needle.

The fact was, it was Aaron Rodgers or bust.  And still is next year.  It was a huge risk/reward move.  We shall see. 

On 2/8/2024 at 7:57 PM, oatmeal said:

Rabbit ears woody just basically admitted that he’s been doing nothing but reading Jet fans responses on social media for the past 2 months.

Wow

😂😂

Well, isn't this what we really wanted?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Pac said:

The comments in this thread are silly.  You can't in the same post say that Woody is the stupidest owner in sports while simultaneously saying his throwing shade on Zip ruins potential compensation.

Does anyone really think GM's and coaches just changed their opinion of Zap because Woody talked some ish?  Puhhlease..

Zap is going to fetch a 4th with an outside chance of a 3rd because a coach is going to love the tools and be convinced they can turn him into a player.  They may not be wrong.

In the meantime I like the tough talk Woody throwing out playoff mandates, saying he dressed down the front office, crapping on Wilson, and saying he is committed to getting offensive help all while wearing 3 lbs of bling.

Johnson's comments devalued Wilson. Again, think all Douglas can hope for is the equivalent of a sympathy f___ 7th rounder, and then Johnson goes and runs his mouth needlessly. That's apex stupid. Kind of thing that leads to decades of not making the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

In the end the plan that they all agreed to was likely cheap Boyle was the back up, like he was in Green Bay.  That was a 1-3 game plan, like it was in Green Bay.  

That is a plan pushed by AR8 that GM JD never should have approved.   

When Rodgers suffered a 17 game injury the Braintrust should have quickly adjusted.  I am sure that Woody pressured to try and ride it out and safe money.   

As we can from this thread, one of the most popular in a while, his comments were stupid, despicable and devalued both the value of Wilson and the Jets itself.  He has proved himself incapable of being an effective NFL owner.  Nothing changes until we stop buying tickets to this crap. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

What we paid for Cook should have gone to backup QB and some more cost effective RB depth.

Yup.  I was on board with the idea of Cook early on but the more I watched of his film in 2022 made me realize he was nowhere near the guy he once was.  I figured he'd be about average and worth $2-3 million and was ready for the team to tell him to take a hike and look elsewhere.

When I saw the number he came in at I was shocked.  That kind of overpay is highly uncharacteristic of Douglas, which makes me think Aaron pushed for him.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

You have this ass backwards.  Woody throwing shade on Zach helps his trade value.  Zach's value is completely dependent on other teams recognizing that the Jets are the worst run team in the NFL and Zach can be salvaged by a good organization.   Woody throwing shade on Zach might convince another team that Zach can be salvaged.  

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

And I love how everyone is acting like the return we get on the modern day Ryan leaf will make or break this upcoming season

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Pac said:

It's not about changing opinions. It's about changing leverage. Learn how trades work.

A 3 or a 4. LMAO.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I get it....But none of the above would have moved the needle.

The fact was, it was Aaron Rodgers or bust.  And still is next year.  It was a huge risk/reward move.  We shall see. 

We’d have won the division had we picked up Minshew back in June like i called for.  

Probably could have at least grabbed a WC spot with Wentz.

• Upvote 1

We’d have won the division had we picked up Minshew back in June like i called for.  
Probably could have at least grabbed a WC spot with Wentz.
He signed his contract with the Colts on March 16th. How were we picking him up in June?
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Pac said:

Worst owner in football. “Tough talk”, LMAO.

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Honestly surprised that (presuming Woody believes any of what he’s saying in these quotes) he wouldn’t have just picked up the phone at some point to see if Vrabel would come in and clean out this rat’s nest.  If I was Woody, I might have a moment of self-reflection and determined that I suck and I need to hire a true gangster to fix my franchise. But alas.

I’m still holding out hope this happens…if not now then next year.

• Upvote 1

Woody has gone with his M.O.

PR being more important than winning.  

Making himself look not at fault but harming the team (even in the slightest) is what Woody does best.

As I've said many times - Woody is not a serious owner and the NY Jets are not a serious organization.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Woody doesn’t have those balls.  He needs to follow advice of others.  He literally has accomplished zero in his life. 

His mommy had to go with him to the bank at age 25 to check his safety deposit box. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Honestly surprised that (presuming Woody believes any of what he’s saying in these quotes) he wouldn’t have just picked up the phone at some point to see if Vrabel would come in and clean out this rat’s nest.  If I was Woody, I might have a moment of self-reflection and determined that I suck and I need to hire a true gangster to fix my franchise. But alas.

Woodys leadership is needed now more than ever. There are thought provoking conversations going on right now in florham park between woody, Christopher and young brick about uniforms and intros and t shirt guns for the 2024 season.

• Haha 3

On 2/8/2024 at 7:53 PM, SR24 said:

If woody is saying this I’d think the narrative about him not wanting to sign/pay /trade for a backup QB in season can be put to rest

Yeah, because every time someone says something it's true. 😉

On 2/9/2024 at 2:25 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Woody has an IQ lower than Brick’s jersey #.

He also sounds drunk.

“Saleh will be a much better head coach.  He’s gonna focus on the offense” 🤣🤣

I've posted often that the man is an imbecile. Totally uninvolved/disenfranchised from the Johnson & Johnson empire, just born into it.  Used his play money to buy the NY Jets after Hess died.  Who knew at the time that the money Woody Johnson put up would turn into FCKU Money to all lifelong Jets fans?  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You’re surprised by this, really?

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Vrabel isn't the answer either

12 hours ago, BP said:

Woodys leadership is needed now more than ever. There are thought provoking conversations going on right now in florham park between woody, Christopher and young brick about uniforms and intros and t shirt guns for the 2024 season.

Guys how spectacular is this for fireworks at night? That alone should make you eager… I mean a sucker to buy season tickets. LOOK AT THAT!! NOT THE FOOTBALL GAME!!

IMG_1253.jpeg

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

As you know that was Leon Hess.  Is it time for Woodys “horses ass” moment? Or was that when he hired Gase 🤦‍♂️ 

Leon Hess was a self made man, a true success story. He was a world wide respected businessman who, through hard work and a ruthlessness at times, when needed, made himself incredibly relevant. Remember when he was negotiating with Kraft over Parcells, and Kraft was trying to lecture him, and Hess told him” I’ve been in meeting with a gun pointed at me, you don’t scare me.” Basically, “go back to your shoebox.”

Woody is nothing more than a lucky sperm, privileged a**hole whose only claim to relevance is owning the worst run franchise in pro sports. He doesn’t have the fortitude nor intelligence to ever have a “Hess moment.” He should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Leon Hess.

• Post of the Week 4