*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

The Raiders just signed Gardner Minshew as a backup. The Jets need a good backup QB almost as much as they need OL help.  But don’t stress: I’m sure there is a third string QB that brushed up against Aaron Rodgers 10 years ago in Packers camp.  we’ll sign him.  
Backup to whom, exactly?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

So we can sign both Aaron Jones and Bakhtiari and not have either of them count against our free agency comp picks formula? Make it happen Tanny!

On 3/10/2024 at 10:49 AM, Larz said:

Looking for some cuts, restructures, pay cuts in the next few days.  I think JD needs 40 million to revamp the team but may only get to 30 million 

saw this rumor man this place is going to be wild next week if this is the move out of the gate 😂

Not trying to be a dick here but what's the point of an "official" FA thread ? Everyone starts a new thread on every big signing which is what should happen so we can discuss them individually . Also If you start a thread like this the original Post should be updated showing all the Signings that have already happened.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Minshew is likely going to start there. 

Not necessarily , this was protection if they couldn’t get a Qb they liked in the draft .  They can still draft a m Penix at 13 if they want to .( probably going Cb route) .   They have right now A OConnell, Minshew , and Anthony brown jr ( ex raven/orgeon ) .       Let see if Minshew can beat out OConnell .   

Not necessarily , this was protection if they couldn’t get a Qb they liked in the draft .  They can still draft a m Penix at 13 if they want to .( probably going Cb route) .   They have right now A OConnell, Minshew , and Anthony brown jr ( ex raven/orgeon ) .       Let see if Minshew can beat out OConnell .   
Should be a riveting camp competition.
  • Haha 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

But, but…. WE drAfteD MCDOnalD  #1 to rEpLAcE HuFf!!!

check the date, friend

Side note, it would be welcome change to be on the otherside of this, right about now. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, C Mart said:
Justin Harde

Justin Hardee Sr. @jhardee_19

🙏🏾

He posted this 45 minutes ago. I have yet to see any reports of Hardee signing, if that is what this tweet means.

18 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Backup to whom, exactly?

He will start.  Raelly good move by Raiders. Minshew is a huge upgrade for them. They can now draft either McCarthy or Nix and have them sit behind Minshew for a couple years. SO who's our backup? Zach? LOLOLOLOL

He will start.  Raelly good move by Raiders. Minshew is a huge upgrade for them. They can now draft either McCarthy or Nix and have them sit behind Minshew for a couple years. SO who's our backup? Zach? LOLOLOLOL
A guy like Minshew was always going to go to a place where he had a legit shot to start. That's not here.

No idea who we'll end up with. I'd rather have Siemian than Zach. Although you could put any name in there to be honest.

15 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
16 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Should be a riveting camp competition.

Davante is gonna love it!

• Haha 1

• The Tragedy of Bryce Huff was not that we did not resign him for $12mm/year.  It is that he was not traded at last year’s deadline for ANYTHING that could help the 2024 team.  2023 was cooked.  I don’t know why the Jets were hoarding Huff last year.  Must have been Woody.  
  • If he is just as good or better, drafting WMIV is a better, cheaper, younger deal than paying Huff.  WMIV needs to step up NOW. 
  • The Jets ain’t paying a QB2 anything that resembles real money.  We need someone better than ZW and then even Siemian.   Almost ANYONE is better than ZW.   Minshew used to be cheap.  We will find this year’s Minshew.  
  • Upvote 1

Dianna Russini @DMRussini
The Panthers and the Giants have been discussing a trade for Brian Burns for a while, per sources. I'm told at this point, it's not complete but there is hope they can get there. We'll see if it can be finalized.

Just now, varjet said:
  • The Tragedy of Bryce Huff was not that we did not resign him for $12mm/year.  It is that he was not traded at last year’s deadline for ANYTHING that could help the 2024 team.  2023 was cooked.  I don’t know why the Jets were hoarding Huff last year.  Must have been Woody.  
  • If he is just as good or better, drafting WMIV is a better, cheaper, younger deal than paying Huff.  WMIV needs to step up NOW. 
  • The Jets ain’t paying a QB2 anything that resembles real money.  We need someone better than ZW and then even Siemian.   Almost ANYONE is better than ZW.   Minshew used to be cheap.  We will find this year’s Minshew.  

Jets were 4-3 at the deadline.....What was being offered - what round?

• Upvote 4