Robert Saleh Press Conference On Monday

"so... I used to think that there was 60% more a man(person) could give to achieve their untapped potential and greatness. I now realize that in my case, it's more like 99.3% ... So I will be limiting my golf game to 35% of my time allowing for a 65% potential this year. ..that's why my T-shirt says 63%"

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

reporter: coach, you guys had a lot of hype going into last season and ended up with a disappointing 7-10 record after Rodgers went down opening day. Do you think the team has the same type of potential this year even with a 40 year old QB coming off major injury?
saleh: As head coach, I often think about the potential of our team, much like observing the animal kingdom. Just as a lion must harness its strength and agility to become the king of the jungle, our players must tap into their innate talents and work relentlessly to reach the pinnacle of their abilities. It's all about instinct, dedication, and growth. We're not just training to play; we're evolving to dominate, to be the apex predators of our sport. Every practice, every game is a step towards that goal, embodying the spirit and resilience of the natural world.
Robert .. is that you ???

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, greasyt said:

I wonder what kind of fake macho talk he will come up with this time

He's treating Monday as a day where he "unveils" his new slogans.  We'll see if he ties the slogans into the new jerseys.

Should’ve fired his ass already to be honest. If the Jets have a good year, he’s going to get some notoriety for it but the reality is this is a pretty stacked team if healthy that should win regardless. I’ve seen enough of Saleh to know that he is  not a good head coach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Reporter:  Coach, this was a disappointing 7-10 team last year.  What gives you hope that you can count on a 40 year old quarterback to lead this team to the playoffs?

Saleh:  This team reminds me of the caterpillar that becomes a butterfly.  But not your normal butterfly, more like a Komodo dragon that can fly and terrify its opponents.  We are going to be like if a wolf was bred with a Python snake who was then bred with a jellyfish....but a jellyfish that can fly.  You guys should probably sit down for this, I've got a story to tell you....

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Reporter:  Coach, this was a disappointing 7-10 team last year.  What gives you hope that you can count on a 40 year old quarterback to lead this team to the playoffs?

Saleh:  This team reminds me of the caterpillar that becomes a butterfly.  But not your normal butterfly, more like a Komodo dragon that can fly and terrify its opponents.  We are going to be like if a wolf was bred with a Python snake who was then bred with a jellyfish....but a jellyfish that can fly.  You guys should probably sit down for this, I've got a story to tell you....

You see, the only bird that will attack a Komodo dragon is a...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You see, the only bird that will attack a Komodo dragon is a...

Reporter:  Coach, how will your defense handle the loss of Bryce Huff?

Saleh:  Well, 65 million years ago when dinosaurs roamed the Earth...

• Haha 4

We had such an awful year last year so Im taking a breather on this one.  He is here in a prove it year or he is fired. Similar to Rex, he is a great defensive mind but tried to stay away from offense. And yes for the past 50 plus years we have all had to endure hope only to see it faulted. Similar to Bellichek, it will run through the QB. 

9 hours ago, Barkus said:

Let’s guess what goofy animal story/parable he will say. I vote something related to wolves.

My bingo card has the “Trenches”, “Aerial Assault” and “Battle of Verdun”. 

No Whammies!

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, BP said:

Imagine what the players think? When he talks it probably sounds like background music they hear in the elevator to the food pantry at florham park. And NOW THERES WAY MORE FOOD now that mehki becton has been cut. @Sperm Edwards What’s the cap savings from not having to feed becton all year? 

Agreed, that's significant. It isn't on the salary cap but in real dollars it has to be at least a few million, right? That's really why they didn't exercise his 5th year option, nor even re-sign him for even less. More and more profit for the billionaire!

😁

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Notable that the fanbase has largely tuned Saleh out already. Part of his appeal was that he was a charismatic, telegenic leader and now he’s basically Pat Shurmur.

If you’re parcells and win you can play that card.  You can also be BB if you win.  

Also another thing that really has turned (at least me) off about saleh, and i know this gets hashed here a lot - he’s strictly a defensive guy in a league that skews offense.  It’s hard to contemplate that in this world where qb is everything and the rules keep making it harder for defenses, our hc abdicates that side of coaching.  Jd’s track record is what it is, but at least he’s trying to fix that side of it.  

• Post of the Week 4

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If you’re parcells and win you can play that card.  You can also be BB if you win.  

Also another thing that really has turned (at least me) off about saleh, and i know this gets hashed here a lot - he’s strictly a defensive guy in a league that skews offense.  It’s hard to contemplate that in this world where qb is everything and the rules keep making it harder for defenses, our hc abdicates that side of coaching.  Jd’s track record is what it is, but at least he’s trying to fix that side of it.  

agree 100%

And don’t forget this

“If the other team can’t score, we can’t lose”

-Bob Saleh 

He actually said that last year and doesn’t realize how stupid he looks saying it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1