NFL Network’s Colleen Wolfe apologizes to Jets, wasn’t at meeting, and second hand info of argument may have been inaccurate

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It is kind of hilarious that every time a report like this comes out, there are a dozen or so posters who’ll spend the better part of a week being like “lol the bias anti-JET media strikes again and of course the SOJFs fall for it.” Like, ok, let’s stipulate that this report is completely and totally false. So what? The QB is an idiot, the coach is an idiot, the GM is an idiot, and the owner is a bigger idiot than all of them combined. The team is an open sewer. Does it really matter if this one particular argument between these two particular people happened on this particular day?

Btw you won’t find me in those threads defending either side, but this is the second time you’ve shrugged those shoulders and implied that legitimate newsworthy journalism doesn’t matter re: the jets because the team is ****tarded. The two are not mutually exclusive.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I guess in the back of my head I always thought there was some kind of Hippocratic Oath for reporters. (smh)

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

LMAO

• Haha 1

National tv nfl football analyst say SO many stupid idiotic ludicrous things.

Most are far less knowledge than the average fan regarding nfl teams and yet spout expert like opinions.

They are also a hive mind that are totally afraid to blast a co analyst when they say totally stupid shi*

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It is kind of hilarious that every time a report like this comes out, there are a dozen or so posters who’ll spend the better part of a week being like “lol the bias anti-JET media strikes again and of course the SOJFs fall for it.” Like, ok, let’s stipulate that this report is completely and totally false. So what? The QB is an idiot, the coach is an idiot, the GM is an idiot, and the owner is a bigger idiot than all of them combined. The team is an open sewer. Does it really matter if this one particular argument between these two particular people happened on this particular day?

It doesn’t matter if this particular argument happened, but it does matter if we can trust what we read in the “news”

obviously, NFL gossip is BS drama that doesn’t really matter, but the problem a lot of us have with the media is that there seems to be less and less accountability for what gets “reported” and fewer standards pertaining to what constitutes “news.”

Honestly, a lot of my issues are not so much with individual reporters and more with the aggregators who take things out of context and sensationalize mundane/trivial comments to a mass audience. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Nothing is funnier than dudes on the internet pretending that fine looking women don’t live up to their silly standards. 

99% of the guys on this board are not kicking that woman out of their bed. 

Just like the 20,000 tic toc and Instagram models with faces plastered with makeup.

I used to work at a University, people on here would post photos of woman and slather over them all the time and in most cases I could walk down the hall of a building and see 10 girls better looking in 5 minutes.

Florio on PFT is still pushing this story, despite Wolfe retracting it an issuing an apology.

She wasn't there, admits she wasn't there, admits that lots of others who were there have a different version of events to that which she reported on, she has issued an apology and clearly wants to move on...

...and Florio is still suggesting that her original story was correct, despite zero corroboration and Wolfe herself retracting her claims.

Florio is such a Pats* loving and Jets/Aaron Rodgers hating hack, that he will never admit that he is flogging a dead horse with this one.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Sources: Aaron Rodgers Intends to Join Hamas

OMG!  OMG!!   He owes us an explanation!!!!!!!!!!  And the longer he waits to respond, the worse it is!   I say we release him, even if this rumor isn't true.  He's just plain toxic!!!

• Haha 1

I haven't read 95% of the posts but the fact that this dumb saga has hundreds of posts and multiple threads discussing it is far and away the stupidest thing of the offseason. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

This

The way the some around here defend this historical lolcow franchise, you would think we have the history of the Steelers or Patriots.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

Invent controversy.  Time launch carefully for maximum visibility.  Stir vigorously.

Clicks received.  Ad revenue achieved. 

You folks do realize we're the "product" in all of this?  Sold to advertisers...

On to the next controversy story.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

It’s funny that Woody elected to respond to this innocuous, nothing story at this point, especially considering the fundamental purpose of NFLN is to coalesce every shred of potentially harmful NFL coverage back under the NFL brand umbrella. Just an outright clown. I’m guessing his motivation was to set Jets Twitter’s finest Staten Island misanthropes into Wolfe’s mentions for two days to make himself feel better. The fact that he’s so historically reactive to this stuff really tells a story about how decisions get made in that organization and why they’ve sucked for so long. It’s also clarifying as to the anxiety hanging over this franchise this season. Not only are they structurally setting up for a doomed one-year sprint toward a title, but psychologically as well. It’s going to get so miserable around this team the further they get into it, and that ain’t Colleen Wolfe’s or Dianna Russini’s fault. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Florio on PFT is still pushing this story, despite Wolfe retracting it an issuing an apology.

She wasn't there, admits she wasn't there, admits that lots of others who were there have a different version of events to that which she reported on, she has issued an apology and clearly wants to move on...

...and Florio is still suggesting that her original story was correct, despite zero corroboration and Wolfe herself retracting her claims.

Florio is such a Pats* loving and Jets/Aaron Rodgers hating hack, that he will never admit that he is flogging a dead horse with this one.

The missing element of this is that someone who was at the party sent Wolfe the text, and if that person—as Wolfe asserts—is a “reliable source,” then nothing is stopping that source from reaching out to Florio, etc, to back Wolfe up. This is why, if you’re the Jets, you ignore a story like this and, at best, laugh it off next month if/when they get asked about it at the draft. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The missing element of this is that someone who was at the party sent Wolfe the text, and if that person—as Wolfe asserts—is a “reliable source,” then nothing is stopping that source from reaching out to Florio, etc, to back Wolfe up. This is why, if you’re the Jets, you ignore a story like this and, at best, laugh it off next month if/when they get asked about it at the draft. 

Well Woodward, that sounds like something you should and probably will spend your entire weekend getting to the bottom of.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s funny that Woody elected to respond to this innocuous, nothing story at this point, especially considering the fundamental purpose of NFLN is to coalesce every shred of potentially harmful NFL coverage back under the NFL brand umbrella. Just an outright clown. I’m guessing his motivation was to set Jets Twitter’s finest Staten Island misanthropes into Wolfe’s mentions for two days to make himself feel better. The fact that he’s so historically reactive to this stuff really tells a story about how decisions get made in that organization and why they’ve sucked for so long. It’s also clarifying as to the anxiety hanging over this franchise this season. Not only are they structurally setting up for a doomed one-year sprint toward a title, but psychologically as well. It’s going to get so miserable around this team the further they get into it, and that ain’t Colleen Wolfe’s or Dianna Russini’s fault. 

I WISH that my head coach and owner would actually have some friction. It would mean that there are people that actually care. But alas, it is a back-slapping happy nest of mush.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

It doesn’t matter if this particular argument happened, but it does matter if we can trust what we read in the “news”

obviously, NFL gossip is BS drama that doesn’t really matter, but the problem a lot of us have with the media is that there seems to be less and less accountability for what gets “reported” and fewer standards pertaining to what constitutes “news.”

Honestly, a lot of my issues are not so much with individual reporters and more with the aggregators who take things out of context and sensationalize mundane/trivial comments to a mass audience. 

It’s about ethics in sports journalism 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Did she not apologize? She retracted her report. 

The only time people get upset at journalists is when they report a negative story. Is the issue “ethics” or that people just don’t like what’s being reported?

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

The most popular type of thread on this board is the some guy tweeted something thread or here's what Amanda Hugandkiss said on their podcast this week, and then maybe the second most popular topic within those threads is how sports media doesn't report on anything meaningful anymore. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It still seems very nebulous to me. Just one anonymous source, in a room full of people, apparently saw this. While several others have apparently rebuffed the claim.

There's plenty of legit reasons to kick the Jets - we haven't won in forever, our owner is a simpleton, our HC is a golf obsessed stair-running fraud, our GM has had a lot of poor FA signings and woeful draft picks, our QB is an ageing hippy conspiracy theorist whose own family hates him...

But this? This is nothing, even if it happened, which it increasingly looked like it didn't.

4 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

It still seems very nebulous to me. Just one anonymous source, in a room full of people, apparently saw this. While several others have apparently rebuffed the claim.

There's plenty of legit reasons to kick the Jets - we haven't won in forever, our owner is a simpleton, our HC is a fraud, or GM has had a lot of poor FA signings and woeful draft picks, our QB is a ageing hippy conspiracy theorist whose own family hates him...

But this? This is nothing, even if it happened, which it increasingly looked like it didn't.

This is what’s also been lost in all of this—Wolfe’s original mention of this non-story was treated as such, by both her and Hanzus in real time. It was intended as a jokey piece of gossip as a means to rib Hanzus, but then the aggregators clipped it, put the dire headline on it, and now here we are! The Jets should have laughed it off.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I guess in the back of my head I always thought there was some kind of Hippocratic Oath for reporters. (smh)

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The story is true. She apologized because her bosses made her 

Woody is one of the bosses he literally owns 1/32 of the NFL network 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

The people who rebuffed the claim were talking about Mondays reception. Colleen's throw away line was about Sunday 

17 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Well Woodward, that sounds like something you should and probably will spend your entire weekend getting to the bottom of.

I was going to be training for the Brooklyn Half coming up next month, but I came down with some pretty terrible plantar fasciitis last week. Have a podiatrist appt at 2p today. With my free time, I’m going to defend online Jets slander with my life, and whip up a quick seven round mock draft on Wordpress that I’m absolutely 100% going to tag you in, as per tradition.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

I cant believe she will get a pass for this. 
And they wonder why there is turmoil in the usa.

Whats so hard about firing her and making a statement? They are 1000 young Colleens waiting 

She already apologized for doing her job correctly

you want her fired too? 

Heartless