****The Official Day 1 of the NFL Draft Thread****

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s the correct team building pick.  And he’s a LT not RT, it’s the right move.  And they have nice flexibility now on days 2 and 3.  And cross LT off the list next year.  

Alt is a LT, but he’ll move to the right side.

This sh*t is unbelievable, they gave this bald fat **** 6 years to build a OL he missed pretty much every pick and FA and they trust him again to take a backup OL with the 11 pick?

This guy should've been fired 2 years ago when we knew ZW was a bust

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 3
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

nice pick.  may be a need this year and a core piece for the future.

liked him more than latham.  

and didn't want a TE.  once the WRs went off the board, this is the move i would have made.  and picked up a 4th and 5th for a 6th.  well done

Also LT vs RT.  But yes i agree.  We have a legit LT again.  I knew douglas wasn’t messing around. 

18 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

We went down 1 spot.

If the Vikings are moving up to get their qb, they must fear other teams taking him. If that's the case, why take a sh*t deal? If I'm the Broncos I'm pulling out the minute Jets accept such a bad offer verbally, knowing there must be no other competition lol. The Broncos must have also made a bad offer but why the Jets didn't up the ante, I don't know.

I guess JD must want to use the extra ammo to move back up for his favorite WR. I don't know that we can turn a bunch of 4ths and 5ths into something good, though 

Just now, Beerfish said:

This league is idiotic, mccathy and nix top 12 picks.  just great for lower to mid teams in this round, actual top end players fall to them.

This is why I wanted us to be drafting later. Top 5 OL will be there at 18+

If I were JD, I’d have taken the 23rd pick + higher additional comp. Oh well.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Once Rome was gone, I think the jets did the right thing. Would have slightly preferred Fuaga but I also like Fashanu 

Had his choice of bowers and those 3 tackles.  Fashanu is older, turns 24 this year and allegedly had medical flags.  Fuaga is solid but a Rt.  So this pick is kinda the opposite of becton, he chose the prototypical LT prospect.  

I kind of feel relieved in a way.  It would stink to not invest in the OL after what we've dealt with the past few years.  Add a good guy each year.  Olu, AVT and Tippy (and his glorious head of hair - @JustInFudge TM) are the foundation.

EDIT: Also, we badly needed an OT and this is a good draft for OT.  Glad we took one.  Opportunity met need and we didn't overthink it.

• Upvote 1