Lewis Cine Backs out of Deal With Jets, now Headed to Bills

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Respectfully, what difference does it make if reclamation projects like Cine or Solomon Thomas were "former" first round picks?

For the Jets they were bargain basement FA signings.

I agree

I suppose it's a marker for overall physical talent level, but physical talent is overrated. SO many physically gifted players never do squat in the pros. There is more to being a successful NFL player than being talented. 

6 hours ago, C Mart said:

Signed to PS

With the Practice Squad now up to a maximum of about 16 players per the current CBA this is a stellar low-risk/high potential reward move.  The days of having to perform wild roster gymnastics because the PS was only something like 8 players (2004 CBA) are over.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dude hes is young and had an injury. Its not what we see now but we might see in the future 

Football fans can be so short-sighted and their expectations so unrealistic.  In their view, if a player isn't great immediately, he sucks and is a bust.  If he gets injured once, then he's injury-prone.  They think players all are alike, learn in the same ways and pace, and come out of a cookie cutter.  Thank you for trying to bring some sanity to the thread.

• Upvote 1

No, it's a roster signing.
Is that confirmed? NFL.com said practice squad. If it's the active roster we'd have to release someone to make room.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Cine is done not sure what anyone sees in this guy based  on his current film this preseason

i agree. i watched one of his "every play" videos and he seems like a guy who doesn't move with urgency, either hit the wrong hole on several run plays or was just taken out of plays easily. i know he's made a bunch of flash plays, but so did Zach Wilson. i am not saying he cant turn it around, i expect coaching has a lot to do with it....but this is definitely a project to rebuild.

I’d take any resemblance of a winning team at this point. Don’t care how they win, just wanna stack wins on top of each other I’m good. But in a perfect world I’d love to win because of an all world defense. I know it’s not the prettiest or the most exciting but for some reason those teams are the teams that stand out the most to me 

Lewis-Cine-scaled.jpg

So much for Lewis Cine becoming the tenth first-round pick on the Jets roster.  After multiple reports said yesterday that Cine was on his way to Florham Park to become a Jet, he has had a change of heart.

Instead Cine will head upstate to join the Buffalo Bills according to NFL insider Ian Rapoport.

The post Lewis Cine Backs out of Deal With Jets, now Headed to Bills appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wait did the Jets initially sign him to the 53 or PS?

We didn't actually sign him at all.  It was reported that he was planning to sign with the Jets (supposedly on the PS), but it was never actually confirmed.  Looks like he changed his mind and agreed to sign with the Bills instead. 

Stuff happens.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

We didn't actually sign him at all.  It was reported that he was planning to sign with the Jets (supposedly on the PS), but it was never actually confirmed.  Looks like he changed his mind and agreed to sign with the Bills instead. 

Stuff happens.

Right but was the commitment to the 53  or PS?