****The official Jets VS 49ers Game thread****®️©️™️

BP

It’s a long season.  I thought 1-2 for the Jets after the first 3 games and I’m sticking to that.

It’s actually a very, very short season and the class of the NFL is very well established by around week eight, week nine. This group is too soft too slow and will be a very boring middle of the pack team that will be very lucky to get a wildcard spot. That’s just the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Garrett Wilson with a sloppy game. Yeah it was over by the last two points below, but

• waiting for the ball to hit his chest on the tipped pass that got picked (at first glance seemed that way; I'd have to go back and watch, which I won't do because this game was too ugly lol) 
  • not dragging his foot for an easy first down
  • staying in bounds with 1.5 min left to pick up an extra 1 yard
  • running out of bounds then running back in to catch the ball
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Vader said:

I'm not sure what you can take from this game. The Niners are coming off of a SB run and are obviously a well oiled machine with Montana 2.0 and are utterly stacked even without CmC. The two turnovers didn't help. 

The Jets have barely played in their current outfit. Saleh should have definitely been playing these guys in preseason. And he coached one of his worst games. You have to think he's the weak link here. But all in all, we won't play a game against a team like this for a while. 

You are going to hear a lot of humility after the game but also some dismissing this game as not worth much in the big picture due to not gelled yet.

I’d say the Jets are definitely not as bad as they looked tonight. But the coaching staff is flat out bad. Saleh has demonstrated that for three years, and Hackett … we all saw what he is last season. Why did anyone think that would change with Rodgers at QB? The idea of this team vying for a Super Bowl is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Rodgers was any less competitive in this game, @Mogglez would have to jump into his mom’s online Sudoku group.

I didn’t get what I hoped for, but I got what I expected.  I called this type of game 2 weeks ago, was willing to throw money on the outcome, and got lambasted by plenty of people.

I’m not thrilled about it, but my point is that the second this game was announced I saw 0-1 and I never thought it would be close; mainly because it’s so early in the season and this is a team that’s going to need to gel.

It’s a long year.  Go Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Garrett Wilson with a sloppy game. Yeah it was over by the last two points below, but

• waiting for the ball to hit his chest on the tipped pass that got picked
  • not dragging his foot for an easy first down
  • staying in bounds with 1.5 min left to pick up an extra 1 yard
  • running out of bounds then running back in to catch the ball

Hes always had these issues.  Hes got a ton to work on.

So to be serious here for a second, it’s the first game and you don’t want to read too much into it, BUT
That was an all-around ass-kicking for which there is no excuse. The Niners played without McCaffrey and with Aiyuk clearly not ready and they got easily handled from tip to tails. They’ve got six days to get ready for the Titans—who suck—but a loss there and you can start the clock on Saleh and Rodgers. 

The defensive performance is most concerning

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app