Titans are a trash team

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I'm not a fan of the "oh, 49'ers game means nothing, showed us nothing, Week 1, we're gonna rip off 4 wins now easy, etc." attitude.

If the Jets are supposed to be a Super Bowl contender, there is every reason to expect them to compete against a fellow Super Bowl contender like the 49'ers.

Last night simply was not competitive.  It showed, at least for right now, that the Jets are not remotely on the same level as the 49'ers.

So the next few weeks will help us see what level, exactly, the Jets actually are at.  Not on paper.  Not in fan hype.  But in reality.  

Are we the pushover we saw last night?  Or no?  Very much TBD right now.

Last year with Zach Wilson against the Chiefs we gave the future SB winning champs everything they can handle in prime time.

Week to week things are different in this league.

Come January the Jets have a chance to get up to the 49ers level.  The 49ers HC, and core have been together for 5+ years they looked like a team in mid season form.

I know Saleh is bad but give this team a chance to gel and see if Rodgers can bring it all together.

I'd say 4-1 is realistic and I’d never usually say that about a Jets team.

3-2 isn’t the end of the world.

• Upvote 1

The Titans could have won that game in Chicago. They held Williams to 100 yards and can run the ball. They aren't the 49ers but to say they are trash is dumb. One thing for damn sure is the schedule makers didn't do this team any favors with the start of this season. I expect the Jets to win but it will not be an easy game. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Prepare for a get right game.  They needed a reminder that they haven't done anything yet which I'd much rather have happen now then December. 

My expectations for the season have not changed. 

I'm in. I mean...hell. You already lasted several Scaramuccis longer than our last captain. Based on last years events, I was expecting a resignation shortly after the Breece Hall fumble.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Well the way our defense made an UDFA look like Walter Payton last night might give us pause and realize we ain't that good till we are. 

Titans are sure to dare the Jets' defense to stop the run. They looking at last night's tape right now. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Week to week things are different in this league.

Not that different.  Not for the good teams.  Not for Super Bowl competitor teams. 

A good team may have a down week, or a tough game vs. a great opponent, but good teams generally play well, compete and win, week to week, all season long.

And the 9'ers are a great opponent, no question.  That's a factor in yesterday, 100%.  But we couldn't compete, at all, against them.

Come January the Jets have a chance to get up to the 49ers level.

That remains very much a TBD.  

I know Saleh is bad but give this team a chance to gel and see if Rodgers can bring it all together.

I will never understand the penchant of folks to say "give it a chance" as if there were any other option.

1. I'm not writing off the team or quitting being a fan or quitting watching or whatever.  We're evaluating week 1, for what week 1 was, that's it.

2. Of course we all have to "give it a chance".  And we will, we'll all be watching week 2, week 3, week 4, etc.

"Give it a chance" seems more like code for "stop being critical you bad fan" more than anything else most times.

I'd say 4-1 is realistic and I’d never usually say that about a Jets team.

3-2 isn’t the end of the world.

We have several folks all but guaranteeing 4-1 at this point.  We'll see. 

Personally, I'd like to see us get to 1-1 first, and see a complete, competitive, well-prepared game with playmakers making plays (unlike week 1) in week 2 before I start presuming 4 game win streaks, lol.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

The next game will show us what this team is actually made of and if today was an "over reaction"

The Titans are a trash team-the Bears D beat up their offense like they stole something and managed to win even with their rookie QB looking every bit like a rookie making his first start. 

The niners game we all knew would be a hard game although most did not think it would be a total beat down like it was.

The Titans are a team the Jets should easily beat if any of the hype of our talent is actually true. The time for excuses is over. The time for results is now-wins matter- "hello you play to win the games"

If this game gets out of hand and we lose-it will be panic time.  

Well... The Monday night game already demonstrated what the Jets are.  A team that will win 8 to 10 games and perhaps make it into the playoffs, but not a team that can hang with the big boys.  They have a good roster for the most part and a middle of the road CS.  They are decent, but not elite.  

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Titans are sure to dare the Jets' defense to stop the run. They looking at last night's tape right now. 

Every team in this league is going to try to run the ball against the Jets. They weren't good in the second half of last year and well we all saw what happened last night. I always thought the run defense was the biggest issue with this team coming into this season.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, freestater said:

I'm in. I mean...hell. You already lasted several Scaramuccis longer than our last captain. Based on last years events, I was expecting a resignation shortly after the Breece Hall fumble.

Never say die, iron eagle. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

IMO, this is not just a must win game, they have to really show out against one of the worst teams we’re going to face all season

agreed funny reading guys talk up the titans they suck and have a trash QB

If the Jets are to be even a very good team they need to win games like this vs one of the easier opponents on the schedule

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This titans game is going to come down to a last second fg.  The only question is who is making that fg.

This is going to be a rock fight and a battle to the end.

Anyone thinking the Jets are going to go into Tenn and blow them out is delusional.

13-4 is still on the table?

We have several folks all but guaranteeing 4-1 at this point.  We'll see. 
Personally, I'd like to see us get to 1-1 first, and see a complete, competitive, well-prepared game with playmakers making plays (unlike week 1) in week 2 before I start presuming 4 game win streaks, lol.

The niners last year lost by 30 against the raiders.

Every team puts up a stinker. Especially early.

The pats lost more games in September than in the other months combined.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is not true. The Titans pushed the Bears around on the ground. The Bears won because their STs were way better and Levis imploded.

The Titans have the kind of running game that would kill the defense we saw last night. We better get better in a hurry. 

You can tell a lot of people didn't watch a lick of that Titans/Bears game. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

On the road, short week coming off the West Coast.  TN coming home after dominating the Bears and imploding completely.   This is an NFL game I probably don't bet on.  It's a trap.  

Yea, there are trends in both directions.

Bad: Jets on a short week coming back from the west coast. second straight road game. Tennessee home opener. Bill Callahan OL against Saleh DL. 

Good: Jets coming off a blowout loss, Jets defense coming off getting embarrassed on national TV. Kitchen sink game? 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, there are trends in both directions.

Bad: Jets on a short week coming back from the west coast. second straight road game. Tennessee home opener. Bill Callahan OL against Saleh DL. 

Good: Jets coming off a blowout loss, Jets defense coming off getting embarrassed on national TV. Kitchen sink game? 

It's a tough game to actually make a pick on especially since the point spread is probably going to favor the Jets on the road.  Hope we blow them out.  Not taking a bet on this one. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Biggs said:

It's a tough game to actually make a pick on especially since the point spread is probably going to favor the Jets on the road.  Hope we blow them out.  Not taking a bet on this one. 

Nor am I. 

I honestly don't feel good about the game. I think it would be a classic trap game if we had won last night and still don't love the matchup. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, doitny said:

only 11% of teams that start 0-2 make the playoffs.

Its a must win and its also a very difficult win.

This game has a "rock fight coming down to a last second fg" written all over it.

Will we be the team kicking the fg?  Are we man enough to be the team kicking the fg?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Prepare for a get right game.  They needed a reminder that they haven't done anything yet which I'd much rather have happen now then December. 

My expectations for the season have not changed. 

Let's hope so.

Last season we never even saw Rodgers complete a pass.  Last night it felt good to see that first completion.  It felt great to see that first TD pass.  Next week it will feel great to watch him win his first game as a Jet.

Last night was one step forward, two steps back.  Next week is two steps forward....and keep marching.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, funaz said:

The niners last year lost by 30 against the raiders.

Every team puts up a stinker. Especially early.

The pats lost more games in September than in the other months combined.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

And Cincy lost this week to the Patsies ... a stinker for sure, but not a sign that their season is on the rocks.

My guess is, we show up in a big way against Tenn, win the game, play well, and the overreaction-meter goes from "Fire everyone" to "Super Bowl" once again. :D