Adams traded to Jets

4 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Can Adams, block, tackle or kick FG's?  If not this team is 7-10 at best. 

I see what you are saying but the Jets lost their last three by a margin of 10 points across against teams with a combined 12-5 record. Adams has a significant impact on that 10 point margin.

Too late? Maybe... but it's about time the team is out there acting like they want to win instead of doing nothing

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bro in all pro voting name does play a part

Devante can make the second team, if it’s him and like 5 lesser known guys with similar stats who you think voters picking? 

He's got 11 games to put up another 80 rec and 1000 yds to get in that conversation.  I'll give up the 2nd if he does that. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Rodgers has taken over this franchise and burning it to the ground.

Im here for it!!!

I don’t know if you have been keeping up with current events, but the Franchise was burnt down already. The rest of the NFL is using it as a manure farm for the past decade or so.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

I remember when Leon Hess said “I’m 80 years old and want to win now!” And hired Rich Kotite. Woody 77 and giving off same vibes. Trouble is now I’m too old to wait for Woody to pass on and sell to another young owner. I have a feeling all these new moves will work as well as the Kotite hire. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Yeetin It said:

Panic mode. Between Saleh getting fired and this, it reeks of Woody Johnson taking direct control of the team. I am just hoping that if this fails, it fails so badly that he can’t stand it any more and sells the team.

The division is still wide open.  5 division games left.  Now that Rodgers has brought the old band back together this should be like the Packers east without a coaching staff. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bro in all pro voting name does play a part

Devante can make the second team, if it’s him and like 5 lesser known guys with similar stats who you think voters picking? 

I don’t think he’s making an All Pro unless he goes off and if he does then gladly give up 2nd rd pick

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

He's got 11 games to put up another 80 rec and 1000 yds to get in that conversation.  I'll give up the 2nd if he does that. 

I know you would 

He can do that and the jets can still miss the playoffs

Rodgers goal now is not wins

It's about legacy preservation by putting up respectable numbers so in the future he can always say:

“those jet years I played good, we had other factors on why we didn’t find success”

12 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'll never understand the people upset that Rodgers has a major say on the teams decisions. The Jets have gone 55 years as losers with overweight dumbasses running the show. So what's the difference? What's the harm in doing it this way? 

There really is no harm.  And we hes done burning it to the ground, we are going have have the #1 pick in the draft in the near future.

4 minutes ago, Yeetin It said:

Panic mode. Between Saleh getting fired and this, it reeks of Woody Johnson taking direct control of the team. I am just hoping that if this fails, it fails so badly that he can’t stand it any more and sells the team.

It’s the opposite

There wasn’t enough urgency

They are the correct moves

They just should have been done way earlier

Saleh should have been canned after his 2nd year 

Adams deal should have happened in the offseason 

54 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This is a BIG needle mover for the offense. A little late, but I'll take it

It's not really too late. We have time to go on a run - 11 games left. Imagine a better player than Lazard that is also on the same page as Rodgers! This offense will be sick. We get to 4-4 and there's not telling what this team can be. Uh oh, I'm doing it again aren't I. I'm the eternal optimist. I do think we have plenty of season left.

• Upvote 1
  • En Fuego 1

Just now, Greensleeves said:

It's not really too late. We have time to go on a run - 11 games left. Imagine a better player than Lazard that is also on the same page as Rodgers! This offense will be sick. We get to 4-4 and there's not telling what this team can be. Uh oh, I'm doing it again aren't I. I'm the eternal optimist. I do think we have plenty of season left.

Appreciate this! That's the mission. Get to 4-4 and then we have our next measuring stick game against Houston on Halloween. Count me in

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It’s the opposite

There wasn’t enough urgency

They are the correct moves

They just should have been done way earlier

Saleh should have been canned after his 2nd year 

Adams deal should have happened in the offseason 

Regardless 

I find it had to understand how a malcontent “business decision” making WR can save this undisciplined dumpster fire we can a professional ball club 

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Rodgers body language last night had quit all over it.  This may get him through another week or two.  He's taking a beating and he's not enjoying this at all. 

Go watch Rodgers after every loss in GB, he acted the same way. He hates losing. I'm not sure why you guys would want your QB to be all smiles after losing 3 straight games. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The division is still wide open.  5 division games left.  Now that Rodgers has brought the old band back together this should be like the Packers east without a coaching staff. 

According to research from The Providence Journal, of the 205 teams to start 2-4 since 1990 (during the era of six- and seven-team playoffs) only 19 made it to the postseason (9.3%). https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/analysis-can-a-2-4-team-make-the-playoffs-the-seahawks-have-done-it-before/

Sub <10% odds of making the playoffs statistically speaking. And if the line doesn’t start playing better, Rodgers is going to get hurt and these odds basically go to 0. 

41 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

This is a dumb fking move.  We have a faint chance of a wild card spot as of now and nothing more yet we keep mortaging the future.  ......and I mean faint! 

I've never gone along with all the Woody is at fault I hear so often but this had his fingerprints all over it.   

The last great regular season we had there were only 16 games and we were 2-3. No major additions - Vinny took over and gave us an amazing season. We win the next two games we still have a shot to go on a nice run. 

20 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I thought the offense looked much better last night w/different play caller. Adams will definitely help. 

I‘m with you but it’s the points left on the board I’m angry about because of stupid play after stupid play.  Jets are experts on knowing how to lose.

While he wasn’t enough to turn the less talented Raiders around, teaming him back up w/ Rodgers & now Garrett (dropping Williams to the bench) gives me a shot of optimism.

17 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I see what you are saying but the Jets lost their last three by a margin of 10 points across against teams with a combined 12-5 record. Adams has a significant impact on that 10 point margin.

Too late? Maybe... but it's about time the team is out there acting like they want to win instead of doing nothing

I’m fine with the trade.  Is it too late? I don’t think so but more importantly we need to keep Rodgers healthy the whole year which we haven’t been able to do since we got him obviously.