Mitch Trubisky Is Going To Be The Pick

SAR I

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Jeter is mixed race, and Yankee fans universally love him. 

Frankly I don't care what race he is. I just want a guy who wins.

Agreed as long as whoever we pick is Jewish. 

(Meant as sarcasm to someone's post from a while back about "would you prefer Josh Rosen over Darnold because he's Jewish?")

1 hour ago, section314 said:

With the 6th pick, the New York Jets select Henrik Lundquist, goaltender, Sweeden.

Awesome.  But the parallel with the Rangers and the Jets actually lies in one Carey Price, Canadiens Goaltender. 

He's money in the regular season, can't handle the postseason, is always a disappointment.  No matter the player, you either have postseason mojo or you don't.  And since the whole point of competing for a Championship is to have a guy who can elevate his game and can handle playoff pressure, it's the most important facet, something very rare, and it's very hard to validate whether a prospect has it or not, they have to have trial-by-fire, they need to get playoff experience at a very young age.

Get where I'm going with this?

SAR I

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

I am probably one of the top 5 Hack supporters/fans on this site. I truly feel he is going to be very good, way better than any QB in this draft. That's why it would infuriate me if the Jets spent a premium pick on a player who may be able to be a credible backup to Hackenberg some day.

Or Just maybe, he shows like Jimmy G and the Jets can leverage a team for some picks .  You need 2 solid QBs in the NFL to maintain continued success  in the NFL, and my plan includes always having that option . This year, we replace Petty with Trubisky . Next year we replace hopefully Mccown with a younger option that's capable of replacing either Hackenberg or Trubisky if either prices themselves out of the market .

The Jets have an opportunity here to do something that has evaded this franchise since Joe Namath . Imagine having 3 of the players on your roster having Names Like Hackenberg, Trubisky and Darnold  .    

Just now, SAR I said:

Awesome.  But the parallel with the Rangers and the Jets actually lies in one Carey Price, Canadiens Goaltender. 

He's money in the regular season, can't handle the postseason, is always a disappointment.  No matter the player, you either have postseason mojo or you don't.  And since the whole point of competing for a Championship is to have a guy who can elevate his game and can handle playoff pressure, it's the most important facet, something very rare, and it's very hard to validate whether a prospect has it or not, they have to have trial-by-fire, they need to get playoff experience at a very young age.

SAR I

Are you saying we should bring back Sanchez? I think his shoulder is shot

44 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

No way you're not forking over the money and not showing up.

PSL owners have to fork over the money or we forfeit our PSL fees and the remaining 23 years on our contracts.

So in a season like this one is shaping up to be, you pay the money, buy the tickets, sell them on Stubhub for all you can get, and hope that next season is better.  PSL owners are in this for the long haul, we knew we'd have bad seasons going in, it's not a surprise.  But that said, there are workarounds to recoup ~70% of our money and many of us will take advantage of that.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yes, I think I do. Might you be referring to a certain QB who used to wear #6 for us a few years past?

While I understand the need to energize a fan base and can see the correlation to drafting a QB in order to do just that, the more likely scenario is the Jets draft him, he busts, and the fans are even more disinterested in an already languishing franchise ahead of another regime change. Mitchell Trubisky isn't saving this franchise. None of the QBs this year are. 

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I like Trubisky, but I'm not sure he is going to be anything more than an ok starter. We should suck it up and bite the bullet. Rebuild, wait for our QB next year in the first round. 

To paraphrase Leon Hess; Trubisky..."might go out there and show the NFL we're not a bunch of horses asses"

Agreed not league dominant but I think he will likely be playoff calibre with talent around him,

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

as an alternate scenario, the jets could trade back and take mahomes.

the thing is, mahomes may not make it past both kc and arizona.  if the jets want him, they're going to have to overdraft him, but it would mitigate the overdraft if they got a 2nd rounder as well.  

I am in the, trade down and overdraft Mahomes at 12... camp.  Thats if the Browns play ball. Beyond that I think he may not last much longer.

the question is, is he that desperate.

That's a good question on MacCagnan. To my mind he should be that desperate. If he thinks he has 3+ years leeway to string a bunch of singles and doubles to get us out of this talent deprived hole... he is foolish. He needs to swing for the fences. Win or go home Maccagnan.

Much of being a GM is dogged attention to details... but a part is vision. So far I am not seeing it from MacCagnan.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Patrick "Patrick" Lavon Mahomes II seems to be of mixed race and, sadly, selective breeding is important in today's NFL.  So it's a no-go.  Has to be MItchell "Mitch" Trubisky.  He ticks all the boxes.

SAR I

Josef Mengele says HI!

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Yes, I think I do. Might you be referring to a certain QB who used to wear #6 for us a few years past?

Yes, but shh.  The so-called draft experts and self-titled quarterback experts don't like us to talk about him.

Who needs a NY tough, battle-tested, playoff-proven quarterback at age 27.  Nah, better we put our eggs in the basket of some kid who fell like a stone from the first round.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

While I understand the need to energize a fan base and can see the correlation to drafting a QB in order to do just that, the more likely scenario is the Jets draft him, he busts, and the fans are even more disinterested in an already languishing franchise ahead of another regime change. Mitchell Trubisky isn't saving this franchise. None of the QBs this year are. 

Completely agree. This would be typical shortsighted Woody trying to generate some short term interest at the expense of long term success. 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I am probably one of the top 5 Hack supporters/fans on this site. I truly feel he is going to be very good, way better than any QB in this draft. That's why it would infuriate me if the Jets spent a premium pick on a player who may be able to be a credible backup to Hackenberg some day.

I am not an expert.  I don't watch much college football.  But I have watched the college highlight reels of Hack and Trubisky  and Trubisky looks to be much more accurate, a far better runner and much more mobile and elusive in the pocket.  It looks like their arms are comparable, strength-wise.  Trubisky also has a much better touch on the soft stuff and screens.  In theory, Hack may be better prepared right now to play in a pro-style offense against a pro-style defense but based on what I have seen Trubisky seems to have a higher upside.  Don't know if he is worth the 6th pick though.  That's why they get the big bucks.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

If they feel he's going to be gone they'll trade up to get him.

If Mitchell "Mitch" is their guy and the person who can get fans to show up and pay the invoices, they'll do anything to get him.

SAR I

If it happens I'm not going to call him Mitchell, though.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Ah, but that's the beauty of the First Round Quarterback, isn't it?

You can get 1 to 2 years of optimism from your paying customers if you always have a young kid in the pipeline.  Just keep taking sexy first round quarterbacks.  It appeases the fanbase and eventually you'll strike gold.

Perhaps now you see why the Jets themselves appointed me to the Fan Advisory Board.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Something I've always wondered is if NCAA quarterbacks are so awesome playing a college system, why the hell don't they draft a guy and run the same system in the NFL?  It's an offensive league, the rules are tilted to let the quarterbacks succeed, WTF do they keep drafting square pegs to fit in round holes instead of just making square holes?  Surely there is an OC smart enough to get around this issue and let the best college quarterbacks in a college system bring it to the NFL.

SAR I

It's because they won't be playing against guys that will be working in a car wash or the McDonalds drive through after their college career is over 

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

You know what's the best part about all the banter  ?  The truth will be revealed when these kids hit the field .

I agree. Watson and Trubisky will be drafted and they will prove which one is the better pick. My money is on Watson.

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

I don't think too many teams agree with you on Watson>Trubisky. Watson could probably be there in the second-third round. Trubisky won't. I feel your pain though. Suck for Sam is all I have to hang onto.

There are a number of teams who feel the same way about Trubisky. No way Watson falls out of the 1st round. No way. Not in this QB starved league. Anyway its moot until draft day then we will see.

29 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Completely agree. This would be typical shortsighted Woody trying to generate some short term interest at the expense of long term success. 

Agree.  It's right out of the Woody Johnson playbook.  PR is the priority over football.  It's the sign of a long term losing organization - but it is exactly how this team has been managed under Woody Johnson.

Jets will take a first round QB...

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

The fanbase doesn't want Derrick "Desean" Watson.  We want that Mitchell "Mitch" Trubisky fellow instead.

Derrick "Desean" is one of those running-around improv RGIII wannabe's and we want one of those stand there and look handsome Matthew "Matt" Ryan types.

SAR I

agree on the rejection of watson.  the last thing the jets need is an "athletic" qb.  they need someone who can run the football not run around.

Archived