Jets keeping tabs on first round QBs: Rapoport

T0mShane

I think Geno is going to be pretty good. That said, until you have a QB that you KNOW is good, you would be crazy to pass on a QB prospect that you also think can be good. Having a good QB can mask several other weaknesses. Our WR core would look much better with a good QB, and we really would not be so bent out of shape with our lack of a corner if we had a good QB and a good offense with what will still be a very good defense.

BOOM

What do you like about Manziel in terms of on the field? To me, he's athletic, but a lot of the sh*t he is able to get away with in college is not going to fly in the pros. Outside of his less than ideal size, the constant rollouts and throwing off the back foot is going to lead to a lot of turnovers imo.

What do you like about Manziel in terms of on the field? To me, he's athletic, but a lot of the sh*t he is able to get away with in college is not going to fly in the pros. Outside of his less than ideal size, the constant rollouts and throwing off the back foot is going to lead to a lot of turnovers imo.

Yeah, I'm with you on this one.  Manziel feels to me like a rich man's Tebow, and I'm not betting on him being a real answer in the NFL.  With that said, if there's one of those QBs who they are really high on and falls to them, they should definitely put some serious consideration into grabbing him.  I'm not nearly as down on Geno as some, but at this point he's still a big question mark, and if being a Jets fan has taught us anything, it is that you have to keep looking for a QB until you've found one you are certain is the answer, not just stopping when you have one you think might be it some day.  Betting on a maybe is exactly how you end up locked into the kind of contracts they were with Pennington and Sanchez.

I think this extra time waiting for the draft is making EVERYONE delusional. If it's bridgewater I will be sooooo pissed. Manziel, not as much. Manziel has a better chance of succeeding. We'll never have to worry about the extinction of ducks if bridgwater is around.

Not a fan of Manziel and it scares me that he's an attention-whore grabbing headline for Woody, but hopefully he's long gone before we can even think about it. Not really loving this corner class that much either, I think the WR crop is much more talented and deeper.

For the first couple rounds the CB class is pretty good.  And Dennard is an absolute beast.....we would be very fortunate if we land him at 18. 

Manziel will be gone top 5 -bank it. Just do not see idzik going that way in first round

Since I keep seeing everywhere on TV he will be falling into the second I tend to believe he will be gone in the top 10 if not the top 5.

If th jets somehow wind up on the clock and manzeil Is on the board woody is drafting him, we all know this whether we like it or not

lalalalalalalalalalalal  I can't hear you lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

JVOR that statement "not going to fly in the pros" IMO does not apply. I've seen a lot of tape on Manziel and he's very good in the pocket when not being chased from it. He's also very good and moving side to side to find passing lanes ala Drew Brees. I do not expect Manziel to be a running QB in the NFL but he will be elusive in the pocket and extend plays more of a scrambler and the occasional designed run is certainly not out of the question kind of like the Seahawks use Wilson. I also think the kid is smart and will bring excitement to our offense that we have not seen in a very long time. he has all the physical tools but his smarts I think sets him apart from other QB's .... If hes not available I would be fine with Garappolo his release reminds me a lot of Marino and I think he would be a nice pick in a later round if he does not move up more than he already has.

Yeah, I'm with you on this one.  Manziel feels to me like a rich man's Tebow, and I'm not betting on him being a real answer in the NFL.  With that said, if there's one of those QBs who they are really high on and falls to them, they should definitely put some serious consideration into grabbing him.  I'm not nearly as down on Geno as some, but at this point he's still a big question mark, and if being a Jets fan has taught us anything, it is that you have to keep looking for a QB until you've found one you are certain is the answer, not just stopping when you have one you think might be it some day.  Betting on a maybe is exactly how you end up locked into the kind of contracts they were with Pennington and Sanchez.

jesus BG a rich mans Tebow ? Come on man Tebow could never throw a football that's not even close to an issue with Manziel I mean just because the guy will take off running or extend plays its really not fair to compare him to Teblow

The big knock on the Pryor pick seems to be that the Jets didn't draft a QB, but remember this thread? It wasn't that long ago. The Jets were in contact with these QBs late. They knew them well, and when they chose not to take one of them at #18, it was a calculated, informed decision.

They spent a second rounder on Geno last year, he sucked for 12 games (or so), then sucked decidedly less in the last four. It's always been their intention to give him another shot this year. Vick is the insurance policy if he craps out, they didn't need another rookie QB for that. They may still bring in a developmental QB in the fourth round or later, but first, they're bringing in players who can help the team right now.

If you hate Geno, you can take some solace in the idea that it's unlikely the team will give him another free pass beyond this year if he fails to show significant improvement, and a first round QB will be in play.

The big knock on the Pryor pick seems to be that the Jets didn't draft a QB, but remember this thread? It wasn't that long ago. The Jets were in contact with these QBs late. They knew them well, and when they chose not to take one of them at #18, it was a calculated, informed decision.

They spent a second rounder on Geno last year, he sucked for 12 games (or so), then sucked decidedly less in the last four. It's always been their intention to give him another shot this year. Vick is the insurance policy if he craps out, they didn't need another rookie QB for that. They may still bring in a developmental QB in the fourth round or later, but first, they're bringing in players who can help the team right now.

If you hate Geno, you can take some solace in the idea that it's unlikely the team will give him another free pass beyond this year if he fails to show significant improvement, and a first round QB will be in play.

All that said, if Norv Turner turn Bridgewater into a Rookie of the Year candidate, and Geno flames, the whole organization goes on notice.

All that said, if Norv Turner turn Bridgewater into a Rookie of the Year candidate, and Geno flames, the whole organization goes on notice.

You put people on notice after they're dead to you?

I think this extra time waiting for the draft is making EVERYONE delusional. If it's bridgewater I will be sooooo pissed. Manziel, not as much. Manziel has a better chance of succeeding. We'll never have to worry about the extinction of ducks if bridgwater is around.

"Extinction of Ducks"

I love that! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....that made my morning. Great post.

Archived