***Jets trade for Brandon Marshall (pending a physical)***

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all true LL, plus less safe for opposing D's  to stack the box vs us than before, opening up dump passes ot RBs and run seams for RBs, along with more yards on scrambles.

Exactly Southern.

Can you imagine picking up Spiller? 

Now it lines up as Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Amaro, Spiller! 

DAMN! Can't say you don't have options....Maybe need to draft a deep threat/burner WR but from a skill position on O I'd say we are stacked. 

Now, about the QB position....great if we can get Foles/Glennon or even Fitzpatrick but absent that...Mariotta with #6.

LL

So Rex Ryan signed those contracts now?  Coach, talent evaluator, cap guru?  Wow.  If Idzik had a problem with Rex it was that Rex did too good a job in 2013, so people expected an improvement.  When Idzik put together that 4-12 roster for 2014 to test out his crappy 4-6th round draft picks people were not happy that they were 4-12. Where is the talent that he amassed?  Sheldon Richardson, Eric Decker and a few guys on IR.  Other than that the cupboard is bare. 

It's my opinion that the Job of the GM is to provide  the talent a HC wants on his team while considering the cap implication presently and into the future. That is what John Idzik did, and why Woody had no choice but to FIRE Rex Ryan when he fired Idzik. 

You folks might not know it, but the man(Idzik) did his Job and did it well. Not 1 guy that the Jets passed on was worth spending like a drunken sailor to acquire.

Isn't it ironic how bi-polar the response has been to the addition of a bi-polar player? 

This move neither proves the front office is highly competent nor suggests they're incompetent.  The pendulum is swinging wayyyy too far in one direction or the other. 

You can't complain too much about a 5th rounder.  Yes, those mid-rounders are where we can stock our offensive line or maybe the RB position.  Yes, Marshall has risk and usually you would expect a contending team to make this move, not a rebuilding team.  But it's likely the case that this FO and HC think this team CAN compete very quickly.  So why not?  We've been complaining about our awful passing game for a long time.  Well now our receiving corps is on the rise, and as Sperm has said, this move doesn't preclude us from adding another talented WR at the top end of the draft. 

Decent move to get things started.  That's how I'm looking at it.

I would easily take Jay Cutler on this team.  He's a far better QB than anything we have had since Favre.  Is he an ahole?  Yeah by most reports but he's tough, has a great arm has thrown 66 tds the lat 3 years, been 66 % and 63 % the last two years.  I know most people would hate this mover but I'd be all over it along with drafting a development QB.

This 100%

Problem is Kerley does not go underneath a lot.  In fact Jets had no one last year to do that - maybe it was coaching but

Ivory cant catch

Connor Cant run

Johnson should have had that role but rarely did for whatever reason - guess he cant catch

the rest of the WR would catch short but close to sideline (that play over and over)

Amaro caught mostly over the middle but > 10 yards

we need a Crebet now

Kerley can do it I think. In college, last years #4 pick Shaq Evans, on IR in camp, did some nice slot WR work as well as flanker skills. Hopefully he is healed and can add skills to WR corps in 2015

It's my opinion that the Job of the GM is to provide  the talent a HC wants on his team while considering the cap implication presently and into the future. That is what John Idzik did, and why Woody had no choice but to FIRE Rex Ryan when he fired Idzik. 

You folks might not know it, but the man(Idzik) did his Job and did it well. Not 1 guy that the Jets passed on was worth spending like a drunken sailor to acquire.

So HC runs a defense that neesd strong corner, Idzik builds a team that has a bag boy and a ups driver as #1 and #2 CB, and that was a good job?

So it's essentially a Marshall for Harvin swap and we lose a fifth, I'm okay with that. I prefer the type of player that Marshall is and if we are going into the season with Geno as out QB, he's a better fit. Not thrilled, but not upset either.

lose 5th, but give away a 6th instead of a 4th and save money as harvin more expensive.

If his job was to sit with his hands in his pockets he did it admirably.   Cutting cap is easy.  Anybody can cut cap and put together a 4-12 roster.  Rex had to be fired, but that was a sh*t roster and they got sh*t results.

Exactly Southern.

Can you imagine picking up Spiller? 

Now it lines up as Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Amaro, Spiller! 

DAMN! Can't say you don't have options....Maybe need to draft a deep threat/burner WR but from a skill position on O I'd say we are stacked. 

Now, about the QB position....great if we can get Foles/Glennon or even Fitzpatrick but absent that...Mariotta with #6.

LL

a game manager Vet QB, who has high football IQ, can throw deep ball to make CB not cheat towards LOS..several to chose from,,Geno is then either a backup or traded

a game manager Vet QB, who has high football IQ, can throw deep ball to make CB not cheat towards LOS..several to chose from,,Geno is then either a backup or traded

Yep...has to have ability to push safety back with threat of deep ball. I think Fitzpatrick/Mariotta would be a good combo...groom Mariota over a year or two. However, if you can get Foles then you get him...Geno becomes the backup and QB problem solved. 

LL

I have to say that I like this deal. I have been a Jet Fan for 40+ years and I was a season ticket holder for 20 of those years. I was there for ALL of it. I have seen all of the Circus that this team has become. When they hired this new regime I reserved judgement but due to the history and Woody's Ownership I was cynical to say the least. I am still cynical but a little less so now. Marshall is a #1 WR. Its a start. If the rumors are true and everything goes the Jets way in this draft(CUE THE CYNIC IN ME) and Mariotta is there and the Eagles bite with Foles and multiple picks I will probably have to pop at least one nitro pill because I will be beyond shocked!!! There are a ton needs to be addressed and a long way to go but for the first time in years I feel that maybe there is a glimmer of hope. Now stay away from Revis and get some CB's that can play along with some lineman that can block in all facets of the game and I just maybe cautiously optimistic.

The one guy I would love to see the Jets draft is my personal favorite Sparty Jeremy Langford. This guy is the real deal gentleman. I could be wrong but I would love to see this guy in the Green and White. As I said before there is a long way to go and alot of things have to go their way but could it really be possible that Jet Fan's finally have some brains in the front office? Well as my now departed Dad and most likely still a Jet Fan used to say "Even the Sun can shine on a dog's ass sometime". Lets hope this could be the beginning of the end of The Dog-Ass Jets!

So HC runs a defense that neesd strong corner, Idzik builds a team that has a bag boy and a ups driver as #1 and #2 CB, and that was a good job?

That post was crazy talk.  Suggesting Ryan had a big part in the last 2 years rosters is gibberish.

Isn't it ironic how bi-polar the response has been to the addition of a bi-polar player?

This move neither proves the front office is highly competent nor suggests they're incompetent. The pendulum is swinging wayyyy too far in one direction or the other.

You can't complain too much about a 5th rounder. Yes, those mid-rounders are where we can stock our offensive line or maybe the RB position. Yes, Marshall has risk and usually you would expect a contending team to make this move, not a rebuilding team. But it's likely the case that this FO and HC think this team CAN compete very quickly. So why not? We've been complaining about our awful passing game for a long time. Well now our receiving corps is on the rise, and as Sperm has said, this move doesn't preclude us from adding another talented WR at the top end of the draft.

Decent move to get things started. That's how I'm looking at it.

He's not bipolar. He has borderline personality disorder.

The Jets were 4 and 12. They took 12 draft picks last year and missed on 10 of them. 

Idzik and Rex's CBs were supposed to be Milliner , Mcdougle and Wilson . 2 of em got hurt and nobody available was worth ruining the cap to attain after that. Rex needed to adjust and didn't. He threw those guys out there to do things they couldn't and it made everyone look bad. 

Who was Idzik supposed to spend money on that was worth it when all the CBs got injured ?  The Baltimore Ravens almost beat the Pats with a bunch of crap at CB in the playoffs because they adjusted.  Rex Ryan is / was a Lousy HC and a 1 trick pony as a DC.

ANY CHANCE we keep Percy??  We can afford it and if we trade for Foles we are looking like the 98 Jets again.

I would - I can dream about Marshall/Decker/Harvin/Amaro out wide with either Spiller or Vereen split out from the RB slot.

Restructure Harvin give him some guaranteed $ if necessary, it makes this receiver group scary good.

The Jets were 4 and 12. They took 12 draft picks last year and missed on 10 of them. 

According to whom ?  How many of those picks are players in the league ? How can anyone grade a draft pick after 1 yr ?    Of your 4 supposed hits, how do you know any of em are actually hits after 1 lousy season ?

If his job was to sit with his hands in his pockets he did it admirably.   Cutting cap is easy.  Anybody can cut cap and put together a 4-12 roster.  Rex had to be fired, but that was a sh*t roster and they got sh*t results.

Yet Geno Smith was the problem. 

Archived