Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

No excuse for punching the starting quarterback of your team.  That's where the argument should end.  I don't give a **** if he said something about his mother.  Stop being a little child and be a man.  Instead, this man just ruined his career.

Correct.  Some of us are like little kids.  This guy is now unemployed because he couldn't control his emotions.  

Ryan Clark ‏@Realrclark25 7m7 minutes ago

Have confirmed with multiple sources that Geno Smith was not, I repeat was not sucker punched! So let's stop that narrative.

I don't know if Geno comes back from this. It's one thing to be a marginal player, but it's another thing to be considered a mush by fellow NFL players. That was the knock on Geno coming out of WVU--that he's got the personality of drywall if that drywall was emblazoned with a FatHead of John Olerud.

• Upvote 1

My son is 2. Id like to think he'll be a Jets fan. Then again, I love him. So I'm not sure it's really such a good idea.

His mother's last name is the same as a star on GB and she has family in Wisconsin so she's doing her best to make him a Packer fan. She's probably right on this one.

Let him go man....just let him go

LOL!  My wife and I keep telling my kids that it's okay if they want to defect.  Dopes are still hanging in like their idiot parents.

He apparently shoved his finger in his face and didn't pay his debts along with probably acting like an all a round a$$hole to the guy. This is the guy your defending. Should he have gotten punched in the face, no probably should of handled it better. But did Geno Smith deserve it, most likely yes.

This is stupid logic.  What are we children?  Just because someone puts a finger in your face they deserve to get punched??   This logic is the difference between men and little boys.

• Upvote 1

Jets fans really are the worst. We deserve what we get thanks to jokers celebrating injuries like artimus and SAR I

And how am I celebrating his injury? I think Geno's a ******* moron that should know better then causing situations like this to happen. If anything I'm pissed cause IK got cut cause ******* Geno couldn't be a leader and calm the situation down. Instead he eggs IK on all cause his cheap ass couldn't pay back the money he owed.

according to NBC - Pro Football Weekly, the fight was over money. Geno was the one who borrowed 

geno has some maturity issues for sure.. movie BS on west coast last year etc,, not saying thats horrible, but I am sure more ot story,, and why borrow money from scrub  when u make that much? 

Ok he was knocked out by a professional NFL Linebacker who is significantly bigger and stronger than him.

Someone was trying to make a point that if you walk up to someone and haul of and hit them, unprovoked and unexpectedly in the face its not a sucker punch.

That would be wrong, but hey, whatever makes your argument I guess

Well Fitz starter,,expect Amaro#s to rise and more dump offs to RBs... safe passes, heavy on run, take sack or throw out of bounds if safety valve (amaro/rb dump off covered)

Except as of today Rich, I read that Amaro is listed as the 3rd string TE

And how am I celebrating his injury? I think Geno's a ******* moron that should know better then causing situations like this to happen. If anything I'm pissed cause IK got cut cause ******* Geno couldn't be a leader and calm the situation down. Instead he eggs IK on all cause his cheap ass couldn't pay back the money he owed.

I agree with this, sucks that it happened, but shows what Geno really is to let himself get involved in whatever situation led to this. 

I don't know if Geno comes back from this. It's one thing to be a marginal player, but it's another thing to be considered a mush by fellow NFL players. That was the knock on Geno coming out of WVU--that he's got the personality of drywall if that drywall was emblazoned with a FatHead of John Olerud.

LOL...come on now, the dude wore a helmet throughout the whole baseball game...that right there is a baller if I've ever seen one. 

97%2BStadium%2BClub%2BOlerud.jpg

• Upvote 1

Comprehension is obviously not one of your strong points.

Obviously it's not one of yours. It's straight up cut and dry that he's disappointed in both of them and wanted them both to handle it better. He's obviously pissed at IK cause he threw the punch, but let's not act like he thinks Geno's completely innocent and couldn't have handled the situation better like a leader is supposed to do. 

• Upvote 1

Forget comprehension your just not very bright.  

Someone was trying to make a point that if you walk up to someone and haul of and hit them, unprovoked and unexpectedly in the face its not a sucker punch.

That would be wrong, but hey, whatever makes your argument I guess

My point is why does it even matter?  No QB should be able to fend off a NFL LB unless it's Anthony Schlegel.

Except as of today Rich, I read that Amaro is listed as the 3rd string TE

I know, ,I just have preetyy good confidence he will have more receptions on opening day that any other Jet TE,,espcially with Fitz playing since Fitz reads progressions and finds safety valves better than Geno did..

LOL you're delusional and insane. You actually wrote that paragraph just now, let me guess you're a big WWE fan

according to NBC - Pro Football Weekly, the fight was over money. Geno was the one who borrowed it.

Borrowed? Or won? 

Whatever. 

Character or lack thereof has been an issue of Geno's literally from Day 1 when he fired his agent and hired Jay-Z's management. Geno has been a piece of sh*t ever since.  As evidenced by dic-pic accusations, getting booted off flights, missing meetings ... and like his bad on-field play, there's an excuse for every chapter.  

Anyway, getting knocked the F out is absolutely a byproduct of poor character - doesn't happen to leaders. Ever.