Any take aways from tonight?

Freemanm

Lackluster effort, in my opinion, even though it was just the first preseason game. It was hard to judge the defense, given that Bowles basically stuck with the same zone scheme the entire game. Still, I didn't really see many guys playing that hard.

Take always, however

-IMHO, biggest takeaway is that Powell could finally be our answer as KO returner

- Williams Int

- Fitzpatrick looked sharp on the few throws he made

- Petty didn't look as bad as I thought he would

- Ivory still has it

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calvin Pryor should not be on the final roster. He is atrocious.

Ivory is a great player.

There is hope for Trevor Reilly.

Pretty scary. Maybe he needs glasses or something.

Sadly the Idzik era may go down as the worst pair of drafts in our history. And boy is that saying something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mauldin has a ton of potential. Looked really good.

Petty also shows potential

B Marsh looks great.

Fitz will be good/serviceable/better than Geno.

Cant take much from starting defense. Vanilla scheme.

Our back up WR's cant catch.

Hopefully the Jets switch Prior's position again because he sucks at this one too.

Anyone associated with Idzik should be punched in the face this week.

Petty may have lots of upside, but if they start that kid at any point this season they are nuts. He looks like a 3rd string QB

That means it's gunna be Fitzpatrick and Grossman. Around mid season glass jaw will be back and we will be out of the playoff hunt. Geno will play well (like he always does when the games are meaningless) and this whole stupid process will start again with the 2016 starting job being Geno's to lose.

What a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petty = 2017 at the earliest

Sheldon vs. 2's = unfair

Ivory + Powell + 1st team run blocking = solid

Mauldin is going to be a player

Pryor may not be

Cromartie is going to get picked on alot

Wilkerson makes a difference 

Greg Salas has bumped David Clowney from the NFL all-time preseason team

Totally wasted money on Cro, he's done and there were a lot o better options...hopefully Mcdougle can take his job.  Pryor s/b cut.  OL still stinks.  Petty makes Matt Simms look like Johny U.  At least Rex's scheme could stop the run. Fitz is our worst starting QB since......Geno Smith.  Can only hope that Davis and Harris do not play on passing downs.  Devier Posey is the 3rd best WR.  This is a 5-11 team.

Anyone associated with Idzik should be punched in the face this week.

This about covers it.

Amazing the difference between Mac's guys and Idzik's... other than Sheldon, Idzik pretty much pissed away ever pick he made. It is awe-inspiring.

Totally wasted money on Cro, he's done and there were a lot o better options...hopefully Mcdougle can take his job.  Pryor s/b cut.  OL still stinks.  Petty makes Matt Simms look like Johny U.  At least Rex's scheme could stop the run. Fitz is our worst starting QB since......Geno Smith.  Can only hope that Davis and Harris do not play on passing downs.  Devier Posey is the 3rd best WR.  This is a 5-11 team.

Didn't look done last year.

A lot of predictions out one preseason game

This about covers it.

Amazing the difference between Mac's guys and Idzik's... other than Sheldon, Idzik pretty much pissed away ever pick he made. It is awe-inspiring.

Most people couldn't draft as poorly as Idzik did if they tried. Two years' worth of picks pissed away.

Didn't look done last year.

A lot of predictions out one preseason game

yes, why yes he did.

he gave up 200+ yards to Thomas and generally looked like sh*t during the 2nd half of the season. He's also been lit up all camp according to reports.. And if I had to guess, was responsbile for Owusa's concussion. Cro blows.

yes, why yes he did.

he gave up 200+ yards to Thomas and generally looked like sh*t during the 2nd half of the season. He's also been lit up all camp according to reports.. And if I had to guess, was responsbile for Owusa's concussion. Cro blows.

Cmon , he's Robin.

The similarities between Pryor and K. Wilson are scary. Looks physically limited with zero instincts.

Meanwhile B Cooks is going to be a star, and Clinton Dix will be solid roaming centerfield for the Pack.

But you know, he smashed people's faces in, in college.

Isn't that what Rex said about John Connor too? he drafted him because he smashed people?   Too bad.   And if Rex hated Idzik's picks so much, how come he picked up IK?

My takeway, as many here in this thread, is that we wasted two years worth of draft picks.    What we have to show for the Idzik years is perhaps Sheldon (if he doesn't mess up again) and Ivory, who was a great pickup for a 4th round pick.   A couple of decent potential backups in Marcus Williams and Trevor Reilly, but that is it.    I don't count Geno in here, even if I see his potential, because drafting Geno caused Idzik to likely pass on Bridgewater (or any QB) and draft Pryor the year after.

Don't kill Pryor, they are all learning a new defense.

The pussification of NFL training camps and the CBA is why the team looked like sh*t tonight.  Watch the rest of the league, all teams look like sh*t, look no further than the Pats tonight, and that is with Brady and a team coming off of a SB.

Week 1 in pre-season

Team came away mostly healthy

Two brand new systems on both sides, plenty of kinks to work out

Jets had the added handicap of being punch drunk and raked through the coals in the media because of punch gate

Saw some good things in Petty, I liked how he handled himself out there, I thought he got confident as the game progressed, he's swimming, but I think we have something in him in the future, won't be ready this year, at least not the first half of the year...  Love his physical attributes, mechanics, throws a nice ball.  Best ball was on a play action roll out, faked on the out, looked down field, nothing there, went back to Posey.  He had some mojo with Posey.  Enumwa dropped a well thrown ball.

Maulden is going to be a beast

Reilly looked great

Powell, both of them

I liked what I saw of the DT Simon

WR is so much improved this year

Love Fitz, he's gritty, smart, a grinder, but not an NFL starter, we need Geno to respond, grow up, become a leader, and come back and take over this team if this team for this season is going to go anywhere...

Loved Bowels press conference, I'm going to camp on Sat, looking forward to the action, I think it will be an intense camp practice.

Schum is going to push Quigley

Liked the LB play overall

Williams and McDougle shined along with some bumps

Good late breaking news on the Geno front, this team needs him, fans need to get on board, let the kid grow up.

On to Atlanta

Archived