Jets Cut Cromartie

BroadwayJets

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hypothetical Conversation:

Mac:  Woody-I know you want to be better next year after the last 4 years of Rex.  We have an aging OL which will not last much longer, and Wilkerson and Harrison are FAs in 2016.   I think we can make a decent run in 2015 to make the fans happy, but despite all the draft picks I am worried about the CBs.  Todd really needs CBs to play his defense.

Woody:  Why don't we bring Cromartie back?

Mac:  He had a great year in 2014 and will command around $8mm.  I don't know whether that is the best long term use of our cap space.

Woody:  Long term?  December 2015 is long enough.  Let's do it.

Mac:  Ok Mr. Johnson.  I will call his agent.  We should be able to outbid everyone else.

Postscript:  The Jets did have a good season despite missing the playoffs.  Cromartie was awful in the beginning on the season but came on in the end.  Cutting him outright now tells me that they are trying to build a team.

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Hypothetical Conversation:

Mac:  Woody-I know you want to be better next year after the last 4 years of Rex.  We have an aging OL which will not last much longer, and Wilkerson and Harrison are FAs in 2016.   I think we can make a decent run in 2015 to make the fans happy, but despite all the draft picks I am worried about the CBs.  Todd really needs CBs to play his defense.

Woody:  Why don't we bring Cromartie back?

Mac:  He had a great year in 2014 and will command around $8mm.  I don't know whether that is the best long term use of our cap space.

Woody:  Long term?  December 2015 is long enough.  Let's do it.

Mac:  Ok Mr. Johnson.  I will call his agent.  We should be able to outbid everyone else.

Postscript:  The Jets did have a good season despite missing the playoffs.  Cromartie was awful in the beginning on the season but came on in the end.  Cutting him outright now tells me that they are trying to build a team.

the plan all along was to compete while rebuilding.  it wasn't an accident all his guaranteed money was gone after 1 year.  this was always going to be a 1 year deal.

If he wants to come back for 2-3 million a year, I'm good with it. The Jets cornerback situation leaves much to be desired. You have Revis as your #1, who is still great, but slipping. #2 will likely be Marcus Williams who played better as a part time player than he did when he got full reps. Will he be ready to start next season? Backing up those two you have Dee Milliner, who hasn't played a meaningful defensive snap in years. Skrine and McDougle are both inside/slot corners only and can't be counted on to play the outside. Walls will more than likely go somewhere where he gets a chance to play more often. Maybe they bring him back, maybe they don't. If they don't bring back Cro, they'll have to add to the depth somehow. Probably through the draft.

I tell you what...I would sign him so he could return kicks/punts.  He has been the only guy  that we have had that actually looks like he can bust a long one.

If no one gives him an above average contract then I wouldn't mind seeing him here wouldn't mind seeing him back with a lower friendly contract that doesn't hurt us.

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I tell you what...I would sign him so he could return kicks/punts.  He has been the only guy  that we have had that actually looks like he can bust a long one.

If no one gives him an above average contract then I wouldn't mind seeing him here wouldn't mind seeing him back with a lower friendly contract that doesn't hurt us.

Hasn't returned a punt in 5 years and was 20th in the league in return yards average for players with 10 or more returns. The Jets can do better than that.

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Hasn't returned a punt in 5 years and was 20th in the league in return yards average for players with 10 or more returns. The Jets can do better than that.

Funny thing they obviously cant. 

Cromartie was a soldier here did what was asked of him. Id like him back a lot cheaper. Cro and Revis 2 of the best in the game together. 

Why do Jets fans hate the good guys. 

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not according to the last year of Idzik. People were screaming for him to be resigned.

I also heard some people on here say that Cromartie was going to come back because of Bowles. Wrong again.

Shows the genius of Mac that we can cut him in one year and save cap space and find a younger Cro (Marcus Williams) ready to go

2 things wrong with this .   Cromartie was signed by Maccagnan after being cut by Idzik who was the GM that signed Marcus Williams off the scrap heap .  Could it be possible that Idzik would never had signed Cro and allowed Williams to be the starting CB  . Idzik was also the GM who saved all that cap space that Maccags spent last yr to revamp the team's defense .

Maybe, just maybe that buffoon had a plan after all.

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

2 things wrong with this .   Cromartie was signed by Maccagnan after being cut by Idzik who was the GM that signed Marcus Williams off the scrap heap .  Could it be possible that Idzik would never had signed Cro and allowed Williams to be the starting CB  . Idzik was also the GM who saved all that cap space that Maccags spent last yr to revamp the team's defense .

Maybe, just maybe that buffoon had a plan after all.

And yet, you call him a buffoon.....

4 minutes ago, jetfuel said:

Just wrote an article about the Cro cut if anyone is interested.

Jets Say No To Cro ... But Now Where Do They Go?

The highest rated player on the board when the Jets are on the clock could be a choice between a developmental QB, a LT who has a better chance at being a RT an injured linebacker who will probably miss the upcoming season or a CB who reminds me of Revis coming out of Pit.

I like that they cut Cro, I have nothing but love for the guy even if he had a sub par season with us last year but I think it shows that either a) Bowels is more willing to make the team better than he is to give any bias attention to players who he likes/has history with. or b ) Mac knows there are better players who he can spend 8m in cap space on. Either way the management of this team has improved.

I like that they cut Cro, I have nothing but love for the guy even if he had a sub par season with us last year but I think it shows that either a) Bowels is more willing to make the team better than he is to give any bias attention to players who he likes/has history with. or b ) Mac knows there are better players who he can spend 8m in cap space on. Either way the management of this team has improved.

Hey, the injuries and age are catching up with him  Happens, especially at skill positions.

All in all he wasnt the Cro of old, but he wasnt horrible like some make him out to be.  

Archived