Who are your 2-3 Jet difference maker sleepers this year?

SouthernJet

Guys that stand out REALLY big. So it can be low draft pick, a Vet we signed, a Jet who hasnt stood out in past, a UDFA or our top round draft picks if you think they really will be super contributors and be mainstays of the team. 

Top draft picks can be sleepers if you pick them to be stars 1st year. Most folks think it takes 2 years to get to top contributor level...

Bruce Carter - Speed for an ILB, allows Lee time to develop and not be rushed in. Guy has a chip on his shoulder and should be ready to play.

Enunwa - Others have said it but this guys size and speed will make him a match up nightmare if he really has cleaned up his catching and route running. He should be our breakout offensive star this year.

Lachlon Edwards - A quality punter this year is going to be a neccesity when facing all of these top flight defenses. This guy is going to pin them back inside their 20 regardless of how poorly the offense is running. 

Milliner - If he stays healthy, Revis and Milliner will be a force in the backfield, look for him to have his first full season of his career and a big one at that.

Mauldin for sure.  Did others who did not mention him think he was already a big contributor last year?  He was later, but not overall for the season.  He's about as solid a bet here as anyone.  I think more so.

As for the rest, we've heard great things about McLendon, and I would say Clady as well.  But the guy who is a long shot in this category who I would love to see step it up big time is Qvale.

The answer should be Lee.  But seeing as he's 3rd string right now...I wont go there.  It sounds like the 3rd rounder Jenkins is going to have more impact.

If Jenkins and  Mauldin are the correct answers at the end of the year, then we're going to be talking about a top 3-5 defense.  So I want to say that, but I it's hard to tell with a rookie.

So I'll go with:

Amaro and Clady.

I think Amaro provides a much needed skill set for this team and he seems to be putting it together this offseason.  And we have to upgrade from Kellen ******* Davis who is literally a waste of a body on the field.

Clady is a monster when healthy.  He'll provide a lift in the running game on the left side we never truly had in Brick and I think he's better equipped to handle some of the pass rushers the Jets are going to see this season.  

Archived