Can Hackenberg really be this bad? UGH..

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot can be fixed over time

2 years holding a clipboard could do wonders.

Plus side he has a NFL arm and size to play the position, and he's very young

A true project, let's hope the Paxton Lynch comparisons don't derail his progress, because he looks legit albeit preseason

6 hours ago, #90 said:

Decision making, Accuracy, just awful.

Thoughts?....

he was bad. early on I thought a lot of it was the awful protection and the penalties.  but when you cannot protect- you hold.  later I could see that it had gotten to him. footwork was dicey.  thus accuracy suffered.

This is his 3rd year in a row of lousy football.  How anyone could have expected his game to magically go from cartilage scraps to filet is beyond me.

Hack is almost certainly hopeless.  This "he has all the tools" cliche is crap.  So does Cardale Jones.  There are QBs with those same tools every draft that fail miserably.

I don't  buy it anyway.  One of the necessary  tools is, in fact, accuracy.  Clearly Hack ain't got that.

Please stop with these threads. Hack barely got any reps at all in training camp and he has played well in that respect. In pre season game 3 he led a very nice drive and showcased his talent that should be all you need to know at this stage.

If Hack came in here and was handed the starting job as a rookie he would have gotten all the snaps and all the work and in that case maybe he would not look clueless but for the little work he did get I would have expected a lot worse at this stage and he seems to be just fine.

Please stop with the negatives and please stop trying to evaluate something that really can't be evaluated at this point in time.

Yes. He can be. I have more faith in Bryce Petty turning the corner and becoming a solid pro than Hack even finding the corner and if he did, he'd probably miss it completely. He was a bad college player and he's a terrible pro. If all things were equal, he'd be on the roster bubble. It's hard to honestly evaluate him as a 2nd round pick because he shouldn't have been touched until the 4th at the earliest. This has the potential to be a major miss for this regime. They created a QB controversy when there didn't need to be one. 

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Please stop with these threads. Hack barely got any reps at all in training camp and he has played well in that respect. In pre season game 3 he led a very nice drive and showcased his talent that should be all you need to know at this stage.

If Hack came in here and was handed the starting job as a rookie he would have gotten all the snaps and all the work and in that case maybe he would not look clueless but for the little work he did get I would have expected a lot worse at this stage and he seems to be just fine.

Please stop with the negatives and please stop trying to evaluate something that really can't be evaluated at this point in time.

No.  I want a franchise QB and I want him right now.  Please?

Hopefully this kid can put it together, and Lee finds his way. Mac passed on Lynch, if he ends up starting sometime  this season and ends up becoming a starting caliber QB it will be a big hit on Mac as far as the QB situation is concerned. I am happy with what Mac has done so far but I guess we have to just wait and see.

What he did in college is now irrelevant. After a good showing last week, a rookie comes in and has a really bad game. Just one. Stop overreacting, guys. He'll be fine. Cutting a second rounder after one bad game would be utterly ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

This post should end the thread.

It's absolutely insane to take anything away from this performance other than the team wanting to get him some action to learn from.  My guess is the Jets preferred this happened as opposed to last week...let him get a feel for when things go wrong.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This post should end the thread.

It's absolutely insane to take anything away from this performance other than the team wanting to get him some action to learn from.  My guess is the Jets preferred this happened as opposed to last week...let him get a feel for when things go wrong.

I would think the coaches would want another somewhat  positive game for him and his confidence. Things have been going wrong for him the last 3 years, he needs to see things go right when he plays. The OL did not help him much.I agree with not overreacting as he barley got the reps he needed. I am just worried about him having David Carr syndrome.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

? Spot on. Hackenberg's second game with limited reps and the bottom of the barrel OLINE to protect him. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

He got all the reps at psu and sucked. He doesn't belong in the nfl 

behind a ridiculously atrocious Oline, horrible receivers and incredibly inept coaching after O'Brien left.

Please.  Spare me the stupidity.

Archived