### Jets \ Seahawks --- The Official Game Thread ###

Larz

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Don't watch then.

The WORST thing that happened to this team was that inflated 10-6 season last year.  We were a 5 win team last year, and not much better this year.  We have another solid draft, and pick up some good FA's, we will be competitive next year, with a potential for the playoffs in two more years.  That was the way it always was.

And THAT is why we shouldn't have signed Fitz.  I at least we would have had a competition with Smith and Petty and see if Smith made any significant improvement after a year on the sidelines working in Gaileys system or if Petty developed enough to take the starting job and if he could be the franchise quarterback we have been looking for.  Instead, are left with the same questions and a journeyman quarterback who is "good" enough to lead the team to a 6-10 or 7-9 record (maybe) and that is about it. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CaliforniaJet said:

Are you watching the game? This team has shown 0, they do need to start over. This is pathetic, playing like this they wont win another game. 

This team is soft and unprepared. 

And it is this mentality that keeps the Jets mediocre.

All you guys who think this way would have Vince Lombardi, Bill Walsh, Chuck Knoll, Tom Landry, and Jimmie Johnson fired after two seasons if the Jets didn't win. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sanchez once threw 5 INTs and lost a game despite 300+ rushing yards.

All of our QBs have sucked. Every single one. Not a valid reason to celebrate anything related to Sanchez's career. More of a reason to be depressed that our owner sucks balls.

Bullsh*t. I enjoyed the WINNING and playoffs. Maybe you didn't because you were a "fitz guy" oh wait, yet another pick!!

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

And it is this mentality that keeps the Jets mediocre.

All you guys who think this way would have Vince Lombardi, Bill Walsh, Chuck Knoll, Tom Landry, and Jimmie Johnson fired after two seasons if the Jets didn't win. 

Yea!!!

But what have any of those bums done lately!!!!

1 minute ago, CaliforniaJet said:

None of our players ever go for the strip. 

This annoys me as well. They need to learn from Charles Tillman and Dick Butkus. Gang tackle and rip that damn ball out of their hands.

Of course not the NFL level, but when I played in college, if we had teammates around and were making a tackle, we were told to NOT bring them to the ground (so more could come and strip the ball).

As a NT, I got quite a few forced fumbles from this method.

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not even close. We were a laughingstock with Rex. We are a mediocre team under Bowles.

Would rather be mediocre than laughingstock

Mediocre? What games are you watching? We're 1-3, could have easily been 0-4. In every game, we've made multiple boneheaded mistakes. Offense, defense, special teams have all been responsible for losses. The team doesn't come out fired up early, Bowles doesn't adjust at halftime, they never take control to start the 2nd half. Receivers fall down, tip balls up into the air, Calvin Pryor falls down randomly, Revis & co. forget what the coverage is... on and on and on.

Archived