New NFL Spring League

CrazyCarl40

They're doing it because the league is losing viewership because the game is sloppy. They're not allowed to practice enough, young players start finally getting better when their contract is up. The owners know the game itself has sucked this year, TNF has been a complete disaster, most prime time games sans a few have been abject failures & blowouts. I've never turned off more football games at halftime than this year.

NFL to discuss developmental spring league in the offseason

Both a spring league and an in-season academy are expected to be formally proposed in the offseason.

I would love if there was a developmental team based in Portland, or like an Academy team affiliated with the Seahawks.  The Blazers are never going anywhere being unable to draw decent free agents.  And the MLS level of play is spotty at best.  It makes perfect sense on a town with a crappy sports scene.

11 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

I would love if there was a developmental team based in Portland, or like an Academy team affiliated with the Seahawks.  The Blazers are never going anywhere being unable to draw decent free agents.  And the MLS level of play is spotty at best.  It makes perfect sense on a town with a crappy sports scene.

As long as they call the team the "Portlandia ____".  

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When does the CFL season take place?   I thought it mostly overlapped the NFL.  Are the games streamed online btw?  I might actually check it out.  

Starts earlier, 1st ex games are around the 1st week in June.  Ends near mid to the end of November.  Pretty sure they are streamed but not sure where, probably best to check out the CFL.CA web site or TSN.CA

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Wonder if Christian hackenberg will be ready for this..

Not according to Mcc and Bowles.  By their reasoning, Hack needs at least two more years of "clipboard management" before going into the developmental league.  That way, Hack will be ready as our third string backup by the 2020 season.

16 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Wow. That's intriguing. Wonder what's the impetus behind this? Well. Besides money. 

IF this is done right, it could be very good for the sport, especially in the development of QB's.  There are many that could be good NFL QB's if they actually got time to develop by playing.

Archived