• S Budda Baker Washington
    • S Marcus Williams Utah
    • S Josh Jones NC St
    • S Obi Melifonwu UCONN

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Do you remember that it was done because there were no other CB's after two got season-ending injuries?

Don't even get me started on this. That was the year Idziot thought Dmitri Patterson was a suitable replacement for Antonio Cromartie. Brandon Flowers was available that year after Patterson was thrown off the team for not showing up to a preseason game. Idziot made no effort to replace him, so they had to go with Antonio Allen.

23 minutes ago, Powpow said:

6 players before we pick. Packers, Hawks, Jags, Bears, Rams, Chargers, and then Jets. Available players:

Cook, Robinson, Willis, Cunningham, King, Lamp, Melifonwu, Wilson, Awuzie, Williams, Rivers, Kizer, Baker, Schuster, Zay Jones, Dawkins, Bowser, Samuel. 

Who are the teams before us taking and what's our pick?????

I think it's safe to assume the Jags won't take Dalvin Cook. 

Packers have been linked to Mixon; Bears have Howard & Co.; Rams have Gurley; and Chargers have Melvin Gordon. 

If we want Cook, we just need Seattle to go a different direction. 

Cam Robinson can go to any of those teams.  The same can be said for DBs or pass-rushers. 

Just now, Freemanm said:

Don't even get me started on this. That was the year Idziot thought Dmitri Patterson was a suitable replacement for Antonio Cromartie. Brandon Flowers was available that year after Patterson was thrown off the team for not showing up to a preseason game. Idziot made no effort to replace him, so they had to go with Antonio Allen.

Yes, but we shouldn't discuss that here.  I didn't intend to derail the thread by being critical of Todd Bowles.

14 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Robinson or Elflien. Both would give the O-line a much needed upgrade. I can see Elfien being the heir apparent to Mangold. Much needed, especially if Hackenberg gets a shot next season

Center scares me a lot. Hopefully Wesley Johnson can do it I am just not 100% sure. I think at this point if they address any OLine position early in the draft, it would be center.

Forest lamp is listed as guard/center, I'd take him as a center or cam Robinson. Those are my top 2. Cook could be an option as well as kamara.  I'd love Godwin in the 3rd.  Although I want my qb in 2018 having Kizer on the board would make me think.

The big names seem to mostly be on defense but I'd really like an offensive prospect. Would consider kevin king or tyus bowser.

One guy you left off that should get drafted ahead of a number of these guys is Sydney Jones.  If you're willing to live with the rehab this year (he might play later in the season), you could get a first-round talent for 2018 and beyond.  Since we're not winning it all this year anyway, drafting Jones over another CB might mean one less win this year (good!) and one more in 2018 (better). 

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Getting Kevin King would solve our secondary issues for the next 5 years.  Hoping he's there

It's supposed to be a strong draft for DBs so I guess let's just take care of that position. I'd be good with it.

Imagine we build up a great D and then Hack pans out.  Hmm...

They brought in kevin king and really liked him from what i understood he was tied to us as a possible selection in a trade down scenario he would be the most likely player for us to take i think. I don't think we mess with cook and i think all the cook fans are going to cry a river on the forums tonight. I honestly wouldn't cry if we went against the grain and picked up buddah baker and cut pryor and gilchrist. (I still like pryor)

I'm so torn on this second round pick.

I would love Dalvin Cook to fall to us, or to take a chance on Joe Mixon or Curtis Samuel because we could use more playmakers. However, I'd also be thrilled with a Kevin King pick to continue to the DB overhaul. Another pick that I could rally behind is Raekwon McMillan as the replacement for David Harris. Bringing him and Jamal Adams in the same draft would give us a playmaker at each level of our Defense, the future leadership, and he complements Darron Lee well (judging from their time at OSU).

8 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I am just curious - why are people selecting King over Wilson?

My concern was the 40 time, but I haven't had the time to do the research to look back and see if that 4.54 was injury related. I also like Chidobe Awuzie.

Based on their official visits, it's going to be one of:

Chris Godwin

Kevin King

Raekwon McMillan

or Davis Webb.

we met with a bunch of safeties that will go in the second round (Josh Jones, Maye) because I don't think they believed Adams would fall to us.

Our track recited over the past 7 drafts is we go D in the 1st and 3rd, offense in the second.

So my guess would be Godwin.  Probably should be King.

20 minutes ago, Wolfie2144 said:

I'm so torn on this second round pick.

I would love Dalvin Cook to fall to us, or to take a chance on Joe Mixon or Curtis Samuel because we could use more playmakers. However, I'd also be thrilled with a Kevin King pick to continue to the DB overhaul. Another pick that I could rally behind is Raekwon McMillan as the replacement for David Harris. Bringing him and Jamal Adams in the same draft would give us a playmaker at each level of our Defense, the future leadership, and he complements Darron Lee well (judging from their time at OSU).

they have a lot of options with 2nd pick - they need to stick to BPA whether that is Off or Def.  Hopefully that player can step right in.

I'm pretty excited Cam Robinson is still on the board... I know there have been some questions about if he can play LT long term, but the Jets need more OLine help in the worst way... I honestly think improving the offense anywhere else is pointless until that line gets an anchor or two. 

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

Cook is crazy intriguing but his "red flags" must be very concerning for him to fall below Conley into the 2nd round

Picking RBs who have had multiple shoulder surgeries is not the way to go. Injuries & his past troubles I just don't see the Jets picking Cook. I guess we'll find out. I hope King falls to us & we go offense twice in the 3rd round, hopefully Sheldon brings another 3rd. Can you imagine if King falls to us in 2nd & Sidney Jones last till our 3rd round comp pick?

Talk about rebuilding your secondary. Other than edge 2018 could be the year of the offensive youth movement.

We pick 7th in the 2nd round and so far in the poll, these are the 7 most popular picks.....

1. Dalvin Cook RB
  2. Kevin King CB
  3. Cam Robinson OL
  4. Chidobe Awuzie  CB
  5. Forest Lamp OL
  6. Quincy Wilson CB
  7. Alvin Kamara RB
    Chris Godwin WR
    Tim Williams LB

Archived