Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Joe W. Namath

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Forget NFL prospect wise who do you think is the leader for the Heisman?  Barkley?  Mayfield?  Jackson?  Rudolph?  or someone else?

I think Mayfield was the only guy who came close until last weekend.  However, I think Barkley is, and always was, the guy.  He deserves it too.  Just an unbelievable player and athlete.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Absolutely.  I'd say after the top 2 it's Mayfield, Falk, Rudolph right now, in that order.  Falk and Mayfield are neck and neck.

that's gracious of you after his implosion last night. Everyone has an off game now and then, but that was frustrating, even for me. Maybe i should start watching more OKL

Mayfield is very polarizing.  Similar to Watson last year.  Completely different players I know, but they both have the "it" factor.  I want to take the risk on a guy like that for a change.  He might not have the prototype NFL this or that, but I think he will succeed in the NFL.  Can't really say why I think it, just do.

Quarterback Baker Mayfield helped lead the Sooners to their second straight Golden Hat by completing 17 of 27 passes for 302 yards and two touchdowns.

Mason Rudolph passed for 459 yards and three touchdowns and ran for another score to help No. 14 Oklahoma State beat Baylor 59-16 on Saturday.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

More I see more my morbid curiosity is peaked. 

After Rosen and Rudolph, he might be the next guy.  Still not sure if Darnold will come out and where he goes if he doesn't turn his season around.  So many potential guys in the next tier as well.  I could see a lot of shuffling around next draft in the late 1st round to move up to grab guys.  

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Mayfield is very polarizing.  Similar to Watson last year.  Completely different players I know, but they both have the "it" factor.  I want to take the risk on a guy like that for a change.  He might not have the prototype NFL this or that, but I think he will succeed in the NFL.  Can't really say why I think it, just do.

He's completed 70% last year 40-8 TD:INT ratio ..year before that 68% 36-7 TD:INt ratio. He's very smart with the ball.

On 10/1/2017 at 7:30 PM, rangerous said:

yes, watson was certainly available and he's doing pretty well.  just remember it's still early and he's in a good system.  obrien thinks nothing of putting in a different qb if the current guy is not doing well. but at the same time the jets picked an exceptional player in adams albeit at the safety position who should also be a fixture for the next 10 seasons or so. so while a qb has more value than a safety we probably wouldn't be seeing him startthis season.  and remember too that obrien originally started savage.

O'brien is the 2nd most overrated coach in the NFL behind Jeff Fisher.   Watson's early success has just about nothing to do with O'brien.   

8 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

O'brien is the 2nd most overrated coach in the NFL behind Jeff Fisher.   Watson's early success has just about nothing to do with O'brien.   

Forget Darnold.  He threw all 3 TDs so far to his TEs.  That is not a good fit for the Jets, since we generally don't have them.

Rosen crapping the bed tonight.  I thought he was running away with it but it could turn out to be a real dogfight for who's the top QB by the end of the season.  

9 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I see you looked at one game's boxscore huh.

No I have actually watched him play a ton. This is a guy with no arm strength that puts up big numbers throwing 5 yard passes in a gimmick offense. So no I didn't form my opinion on this scrub from checking box scores.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Just a note:

The two greatest talents to come out since Luck......are currently #32 & #33 in college football in QBR.

Judge for yourself if you think that matters.

I don't think it matters at all, really. Darnold and Rosen did not have enough starts going into the season to be anything other than very risky propositions as top picks in this year's draft. I think it's fortunate that it doesn't look like we're going to be in a position for Mike Maccagnan and/or TBD Woody Johnson hire to be making decisions like that. I don't need to watch these guys play or know what a QBR is.

Archived