Going to Disney for the week

Maxman

I am flying to Orlando on Saturday morning. I had plans to hang out with Robby Anderson but he isn't answering my texts. Since those plans fell through, I decided to bring my family and we will just hang out at Disney.

You filthy animals all better behave while I am gone. The mods are all complaining and are talking about starting a union. If you guys make them do actual work they will definitely do it. I can't afford those wages, so play nice.

:)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I am flying to Orlando on Saturday morning. I had plans to hang out with Robby Anderson but he isn't answering my texts. Since those plans fell through, I decided to bring my family and we will just hang out at Disney.

You filthy animals all better behave while I am gone. The mods are all complaining and are talking about starting a union. If you guys make them do actual work they will definitely do it. I can't afford those wages, so play nice.

Enjoy I hope you have better time than me, locked in the hotel with the hurricane. Maybe you see Nick Mangold he was cut while in Disney last year around the same time?

Behave depends on when the next Jets disaster hits, and has things go it won't be long. 

Ps Take plenty of $.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

You’re going to Disney World?  Should we start calling you “Super Bowl MVP” now?

Are you going to kiss Papa John next?

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hey Boss,

Crushlove here. Appreciate the trust you put in me to pick a temporary moderator while you are gone. I got few resumes with headshots and so far this is the guy I’m feeling best about.   Not particular sure why, just something about him. 

AF176783-D503-4551-929F-5CC9E0D66E88.jpeg

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Welcome To Orlando Phil. Im actually there too.

@Maxman

Things I'd recommend (not knowing how often you've been there or the age(s) of your kid(s):

• fireworks in front of the Kingdom as often a possible for the ambiance, but the show is actually better at epcot
  • don't forsake the classic attractions like Swiss family Robinson tree house, teacups, country bear jamboree, or carousel of progress... it's just a matter of time before these things are ripped out and replaced with something easier to merchandise around
  • turkey legs
  • do check out the updated Norway in Epcot, and report back about the Frozen experience (for those of us with young daughters, and @JiF)
  • drink around the world in Epcot, end on the Britain side, go down the alleyway and check out the live band playing "British Invasion" cover tunes (our last trip there was me, my wife and our 3-yr old daughter, plus all the grandparents - one of the few things we did just the 3 of us, was this, and we had one of those "we're the only people in the world" moments with her in this area, it's pretty great - gets you away from the mobs of people)
  • you're in a cooler part of the year, so you're good - but if you're ever there in really hot weather do NOT go to Animal Kingdom on the hot days - there is only one air conditioned attraction in this park, it's the Lion King show - all the gift shops and cafes and stuff use fans, it sucks, it just blows hot, smelly animal stink air on you
  • also in extreme heat, the best overpriced gift I bought was the spray bottle fan - it works, and it kept my daughter pre-occupied - she also made lots of friends (imagine the cutest 3yo ever spritzing you in 100+ degrees, without you knowing it was coming, people loved her)
  • turkey legs
  • the best food in magic kingdom is probably in frontierland, but also the new places by ariel's grotto and belle's castle are good, like gaston's pub
  • the best food in animal kingdom is probably the place you can get ribs
  • epcot we usually eat and drink beers in every country, if you aren't doing this - you're doing it wrong
  • character breakfasts are robbery, but if you have little ones the one in epcot "the land" is easy to book, cheap, and has old-time characters
  • turkey legs

You should have given me a blog for this. ;)

Have a blast!

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

@Maxman

Things I'd recommend (not knowing how often you've been there or the age(s) of your kid(s):

• fireworks in front of the Kingdom as often a possible for the ambiance, but the show is actually better at epcot
  • don't forsake the classic attractions like Swiss family Robinson tree house, teacups, country bear jamboree, or carousel of progress... it's just a matter of time before these things are ripped out and replaced with something easier to merchandise around
  • turkey legs
  • do check out the updated Norway in Epcot, and report back about the Frozen experience (for those of us with young daughters, and @JiF)
  • drink around the world in Epcot, end on the Britain side, go down the alleyway and check out the live band playing "British Invasion" cover tunes (our last trip there was me, my wife and our 3-yr old daughter, plus all the grandparents - one of the few things we did just the 3 of us, was this, and we had one of those "we're the only people in the world" moments with her in this area, it's pretty great - gets you away from the mobs of people)
  • you're in a cooler part of the year, so you're good - but if you're ever there in really hot weather do NOT go to Animal Kingdom on the hot days - there is only one air conditioned attraction in this park, it's the Lion King show - all the gift shops and cafes and stuff use fans, it sucks, it just blows hot, smelly animal stink air on you
  • also in extreme heat, the best overpriced gift I bought was the spray bottle fan - it works, and it kept my daughter pre-occupied - she also made lots of friends (imagine the cutest 3yo ever spritzing you in 100+ degrees, without you knowing it was coming, people loved her)
  • turkey legs
  • the best food in magic kingdom is probably in frontierland, but also the new places by ariel's grotto and belle's castle are good, like gaston's pub
  • epcot we usually eat and drink beers in every country, if you aren't doing this - you're doing it wrong
  • character breakfasts are robbery, but if you have little ones the one in epcot "the land" is easy to book, cheap, and has old-time characters
  • turkey legs

Have a blast!

@Maxman I heard the Avatar ride in Animal Kingdom was the single best ride in the whole park.  I heard there have been some really long lines at times for that one.  I'm not sure if you can get a fast pass to that one but, if you can, check it out.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Just checked.  

There's some Star Wars stuff in one of the parks (not much), but no Marvel.

Surprised they're dropping the ball here.

Disney's not know for squandering the opportunity to take my money.

I believe it's all being developed. In the past couple of years, Disney has added Fantasy Land (or whatever it's called) to capitalize on the "Princesses" sub-brand, now that it's been organized and turned into a cash cow. It's a nice new part of the Magic Kingdom. They also developed a huge parts of the different parks around Star Wars and Frozen, making it necessary to visit 2-3 of the parks to see "all the Star Wars stuff" or "all the Frozen stuff".

As for the Marvel stuff, I think there may be licensing issues. Hollywood Studios had all the Marvel attractions years ago. I want to say that Busch Gardens may have some now. I'd guess it's just a matter of time before Disney has the licensing and appropriate experience all sorted out for this stuff. 

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

please have a Wonderful & Safe trip !  :cool:

p.s. please try & find a QB while you're there    :unsure:

Enjoy.

Try "It's A Small World".  It's a keeper.

SAR I

We'll be up there Monday-Wednesday! My older sons 9th B-day

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@Maxman I heard the Avatar ride in Animal Kingdom was the single best ride in the whole park.  I heard there have been some really long lines at times for that one.  I'm not sure if you can get a fast pass to that one but, if you can, check it out.  

100% accurate. I was down there last June when it first opened and during the day there was easily 4 hour lines. We decided to see if we could get on line during magic hours and that cut it to about 1.5-2 hour line. Completely worth it. At that point you had to book fast passes months before hand for that ride so that wasn't an option for us. Avatar Flight of Passage is the single best ride I have been on anywhere. I would make it a priority to get on it.

Going to Disney for the week

Is this code for there being some kind of JetNation illuminati meeting this week?  Can anyone account for the whereabouts of the heads of PatriotNation, SteelersNation, CowboysNation and GiantsNation this week?  If not, then I'm assuming this is some kind of secret meeting of the heads of the 5 families.

10 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Just checked.  

There's some Star Wars stuff in one of the parks (not much), but no Marvel.

Surprised they're dropping the ball here.

Disney's not know for squandering the opportunity to take my money.

Disney has an agreement with Universal which has Marvel rides like Spiderman and Hulk.

8 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

No kids?  

I have an 8 and 6 year old.  I want to go just to see them happy.

I have 2 kids in their 20s.  Both do Very well, went to top colleges. All of their cousins went to Disney world. Those kids are now full of TATS, smoke and have sh*tty jobs.   Their parents always wanted them happy.   Not saying I’m right, I simply didn’t want to do that.  It worked for me.  

20 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

@Maxman

• turkey legs
  • turkey legs
  • turkey legs

Have a blast!

The Frozen ride is great and there is a little Anna and Elsa meet and greet next door. 

everything is robbery in Disney including the character breakfasts but they are still fun.  we have done the one at the The Land, it is a good one and they always have room.  I think that's one of the few you really don't need advance reservations for.

18 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Is there a Marvel and Star Wars park now (since they own both)?

Might have to plan a trip if there is...

They are building a Stars Wars Land at Holly Hollywood Studios(the old Disney/MGM studios) which is set to open in 2019.

18 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Avatar ride is great but be prepared for long lines.  when we went our strategy was to get to the newest, most popular attractions as the park first open.  we got on everything else quickly but by the time we got to Avatar land the line we were told the line was 4 1/2 hours.  I would never wait that long for anything but there was no way we were going there and not getting on the ride so we waited.  I think we got on in about an hour and a half.  I'm not sure how they could be that wrong or if people just kept getting off the line but the wait turned out to be not so bad and there is so much to see on line it's not bad.

fastpasses were gone by the time I booked our trip, if you can get one of those that is obviously the way to go.

8 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

Disney has an agreement with Universal which has Marvel rides like Spiderman and Hulk.

Universal had Super Hero Island at Islands of Adventure w/ all the Marvel rides and characters before Disney bought Marvel.  I guess as part of the agreement they allowed them to keep that in their park?

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I have 2 kids in their 20s.  Both do Very well, went to top colleges. All of their cousins went to Disney world. Those kids are now full of TATS, smoke and have sh*tty jobs.   Their parents always wanted them happy.   Not saying I’m right, I simply didn’t want to do that.  It worked for me.  

My guess is you did other things differently than just not go to Disney.

Archived