Jet Rumors (Tony Pauline)

KRL

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one - and we'll know soon enough.  I just think Profesionals take the most guaranteed money they can get and I'm not tlaking about $1mm or $2mm - I'm hearing the Jets are $10mm guaranteed ahead of the others.  When I say all-in I honestly beleive the Jets are all-in - willing to spend whatever it takes.  It'll be something like 3 years, $100mm - $80mm Guarantteed.  Cousins gets another crack at free agency in 3 years again.

I really don't think they have a contingency plan.  All the dumping last year wasn't about draft position it was about Cousins.

Several reports have said the Jets will not offer a ridiculous amount of money. 30 million is about where they will go, right with the other teams. Doesn't make sense to go higher - I would rather not have him anyhow. Mayfield, after watching how live an arm he has, would be who I would want if we can't get Rosen or Darnold. Mayfield will have a much higher ceiling and will be good for the Jets, compared to a reserved guy from Michigan. We need some energy on this team since our coach doesn't seem to have any. When was the last time we won a Super Bowl - that's right, with Joe Willie Namath. Jamal on D and Baker on O will be great for this team. Also, even Cousins agent has stated that he studies each team thoroughly and he will go where it's a better fit for him, not where he can make more money. I guess it's hard for people to digest that, but the guy already has enough money. It's smart to go to a team with all the pieces in place - it could prolong his career, which will enable him to ultimately make more money. 

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Sorry, I meant the Colts would likely be fine with Nelson, Chubb or Barkley so trading down to 5 or 6 is likely more desirable than whatever the Bills or Cardinals can offer. The cost to get up to 3 could be surprisingly lower than we think it is because of that.

We're lucky that the Broncos are in the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes, or they could be trying to trade up right now. I think the Jets should secure that #3 pick right now. Forget Cousins. Grab a franchise QB and build around him. Use the cap space to sign a center, corner and maybe a wide receiver and linebacker. Draft a RB, OL and Wide Receiver. Develop a team that can kick the Pats butt finally. Who better than Mayfield to go in to Gillette Stadium and kick some butt. He's as cocky as Brady. I would love to have a QB the Pats fans hate because he is so good.

33 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

We're lucky that the Broncos are in the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes, or they could be trying to trade up right now. I think the Jets should secure that #3 pick right now. Forget Cousins. Grab a franchise QB and build around him. Use the cap space to sign a center, corner and maybe a wide receiver and linebacker. Draft a RB, OL and Wide Receiver. Develop a team that can kick the Pats butt finally. Who better than Mayfield to go in to Gillette Stadium and kick some butt. He's as cocky as Brady. I would love to have a QB the Pats fans hate because he is so good.

Lauletta. We could get him late first round by trading back the #6 pick and get an extra pick.  Pats will take this kid if he’s there at 31. Trading down will cost multiple picks. Signing Cousins will cost a fortune and throw a wrench in signing other FA’s. Better to go after young promising FA’s, use the draft picks to strengthen the positional weak spots and sign a guy like McCaron for Lauletta to groom under. 

42 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I don't think the Colts want to trade the 3rd pick yet unless we blew the doors off them with an offer. It makes more sense for them to wait because if Darnold or Rosen is there that pick would be incredibly more valuable IMO.

Just now, Barton said:

I'm not saying its the greatest idea, but you guys realize Sam Bradford is a really good QB when healthy, and prob better than Cousins, right?

It's the 'when healthy' that's the issue though. I wouldn't be even a little bit confident of him being fit for one season, never mind for a number of years as a Franchise QB (which is what the fear he'll be brought in as)

9 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Any idea how aggressive we will be to trade up? Is Mac gonna be chicken little again?

Supposedly aggressive (think the 2nd or 3rd overall pick), but I'm almost positive Maccagnan will find a way to f*ck it up.

The worst case scenario that should be planned for is the top 4 QBs going in the top 4 picks.  Two teams in the bidding are the Jets and Broncos, which means the teams trading down end up getting the player that they would have gotten anyway. 

The bidding teams should not go too crazy, because the Colts and Browns would have to take the QB, which is possible.  

If the Colts and Browns take a player they want, The QBs drop down.  That means that the chances are good that the Jets get one of them, but may lose picks in the process.

The Jets need to approach FA very aggressively-sign both the G and C.  Who knows if they have either of their picks.  There will be a RB in the 3rd round.  

31 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

My god, you’re so right it scares me. Let’s hope for the best. Thanks for the reply.

I don't know how he can fck it up with trading up. Go for broke Mac. This is your last chance, trade whatever you'd like. Just don't do it for Josh Allen.

34 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

My god, you’re so right it scares me. Let’s hope for the best. Thanks for the reply.

Trade up is the best option for us if we lose out on Cousins, go get your guy trade the farm. You think Philly regrets trading up for Wentz? Plus go look at our drafts over the past 10 years picks are over valued I'd rather quality than quantity

6 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I don't know how he can fck it up with trading up. Go for broke Mac. This is your last chance, trade whatever you'd like. Just don't do it for Josh Allen.

I tend to agree here.  No one is going to complain about anything if the QB hits.  If he doesn't hit saving draft picks won't matter either.  If you have a chance at Mayfield, Rosen or Darnold you do whatever it takes!

18 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

My thoughts too.. within reason. I am all for him giving up assets to go up and get his guy. And I definitely don't want to hear Allen's name called.

1 hour ago, pointman said:

My thoughts too.. within reason. I am all for him giving up assets to go up and get his guy. And I definitely don't want to hear Allen's name called.

If we trade up AND draft Allen, I think Mogglez and Warfish will race to see who can commit seppuku fastest.

32 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If we trade up AND draft Allen, I think Mogglez and Warfish will race to see who commit seppuku fastest.

I won't give Allen the pleasure of being the reason why I commit Seppuku.

5 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

He's showed flashes of being very good. Needs to be more consistent with the effort/results. .

Too small to play in a 3-4 and sucks in coverage

Darron Lee = Bust

Just because he actually plays unlike most of Mac’s other picks doesn’t make him good

Jets sign Bradford. Jets draft Mayfield. Bradford has an amazing year. Stays healthy, plays all 16 games. 

Jets defense becomes elite. Jets make the Super Bowl. Bradford is known as untouchable, so Mayfield is in active in Super Bowl. Bradford pulls hammy in 1st quarter and Bilal Powell plays QB in a Jets loss.

Mayfield gets arrested in offseason and goes to jail. Bradford retires.

Christian Hackenberg starts the following season.

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Jets sign Bradford. Jets draft Mayfield. Bradford has an amazing year. Stays healthy, plays all 16 games. 

Jets defense becomes elite. Jets make the Super Bowl. Bradford is known as untouchable, so Mayfield is in active in Super Bowl. Bradford pulls hammy in 1st quarter and Bilal Powell plays QB in a Jets loss.

Mayfield gets arrested in offseason and goes to jail. Bradford retires.

Christian Hackenberg starts the following season.

200.gif

With Minnesota being the likely landing spot for Cousins, being aggressive in FA should be the PLAN A.
Fill as many holes and depth as possible, because you should be trading a boatload of picks to trade up for our QB. Its that simple. 
It still kills me though because I don’t think any QB this class will be on a level of Goff/Went/Watson/Mahomes will be. An extra 3rd?! Precluded us from one of the first two. One of next two could have been had without giving up a thing.

Why not think any of the top QB’s in this class will be on the level of the guys you mentioned? When those Qb’s were coming out there just as many questions if not more than the current crop. There were knocks on all of them. There are at least 4 Qb’s this year with as much potential as Goff, Wentz and the others I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

What is not surprising to me is...the Jets have one of the shortest lists of interviews out of all 32 teams.

its the Jets. We don’t do our job and all that Jazz.

I was kinda surprised to see that too, until I went to Twitter and saw almost instantly that the list they have is incomplete.  Doesn't shock me considering Walter Football is one of the worst websites on the face of the planet.

Archived