Jet Rumors (Tony Pauline)

KRL

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

ok but a mansion in Minnesota is like 500k the same mansion in NJ is like 3 million. overall cost of living etc 

Depends where you live in each place. Minnetonka prices are celebrity range. I won't argue NJ, which is terrible -- sadly half the state is within a hour and half of NYC. For Cousins the cost of a mansion will be the least of his concerns. 

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

On any other team he’s get hurt in the first few weeks. On the Jets?  He’d have a “career” year get us to 8-8 and damn us to another 5 years of mediocrity. 

Don’t you know how this works with the Jets yet?

but...but...5-11...winning tradition....

1 hour ago, Pac said:

after further thought about this I'm 100% certain Sam Bradford is not a target in any way, shape, or form.  it's a non-story.

I hope you're right... there really is ZERO reason to go after Bradford when you can just resign McCown... not that I''m a fan but there is absolutely no difference... but again these are the jets so expect the unexpected... because you know, "they" know better.  :/

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

other teams have Von Miller or Joe Thomas begging you to come. the Jets have Jamal Adams declaring himself the best safety of all time  

This is what made me realize Jets have ZERO shot with Cousins. You have the best pass rusher begging you to come in Denver. Fitzgerald one of the better WRs in the league recruiting you in Arizona (yeah he'll retire soon but still) and you can hand off to one of the best RBs in the league. OR you got a young playoff team that's pretty complete in every area, with a OC that just won a superbowl with a back up QB in Minnesota. 

And then you have the NY Jets...who do you bring in or even mention to get him excited? Well uh....Bates is here, remember him? You liked him right?! 

It was a nice dream while it lasted.

38 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I hope you're right... there really is ZERO reason to go after Bradford when you can just resign McCown... not that I''m a fan but there is absolutely no difference... but again these are the jets so expect the unexpected... because you know, "they" know better.  :/

McCown is millions cheaper, a better leader, has the respect and admiration of the locker room, and can handle the NY vultures with ease.

If you miss on Cousins you resign McCown and draft a QB at 6..  it's such an easy decision Hess could make it.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

McCown is millions cheaper, a better leader, has the respect and admiration of the locker room, and can handle the NY vultures with ease.

If you miss on Cousins you resign McCown and draft a QB at 6..  it's such an easy decision Hess could make it.

Bring McCown back as the QB coach in June when he's still looking for a gig. Double dip on QBs in the draft. Spending any money on a 'mentor' 'bridge' 'stop gap' QB is waste of $$$. (not to mention, Bowles will start McCown all season)

The Vikings have no QB's at all right now- so it i s logicalk to think they are going all out for Cousins. Cost of living is only one of the factors a player will decide on - how can you wine and present your case oh I forgot we have Bowles hah

2 hours ago, derp said:

Agreed. I’d like to have the GM be smart enough to realize they’re probably not landing Cousins.

Make your best offer early and just leave it in the table if you have to...but I think the focus should be on isolating the guy they like as the #2 QB in the FA class (Bridgewater for me) and aggressively pursuing him early while the other guys are fawning over Cousins. Show someone realistic he’s your guy and get it done.

If we offer Cousins $15-20 million more guaranteed than the Vikings or Denver he is ours

Money talks, bs walks

13 minutes ago, faba said:

The Vikings have no QB's at all right now- so it i s logicalk to think they are going all out for Cousins. Cost of living is only one of the factors a player will decide on - how can you wine and present your case oh I forgot we have Bowles hah

I agree I think the Vikings want no part of Bradford or Bridgewater going forward that said I think they will look at Keenum and know they can resign him at maybe 20% the cost of Cousins plus draft a developmental qb like Rudolph or Falk

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

If we offer Cousins $15-20 million more guaranteed than the Vikings or Denver he is ours

Money talks, bs walks

Overpaying to land guys tends to be an excellent strategy. Particularly when it’s guaranteed money.

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't know what people are all upset about. Don't you haters realize we got the best player in the entire draft 2 of the last 3 seasons and we have yet another #6 overall pick? I mean we have a safety tandem that'll be the league's best for the next decade, and I hear safeties are more important than ever before.

Nothing to worry about here.

They are so important we are drafting minkah this year, just to be extra safe, you can never have too much depth I've heard.

2 hours ago, Pac said:

So.

Thankful.

9 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

As a non starter?? What does that mean?

I mean if anyone is discussing where Cousins would go, I wouldn’t bring up the Jets either. Mac would be magician of the year if he pulled it off. 

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

yeah i dont get "non starter" maybe he meant to write "safety school" 

the jets have nothing to offer this player, not even money. the dollar buys way more in Ohio/AZ/Min/Col than NJ

Pretty sure by "non-starter" they mean that Cleveland comes up in conversation, and all the "sources" say it's a "non-starter," as in, it's not happening.  Versus the Jets, who do not come up in conversation at all.

5 hours ago, Pac said:

I can't think of a greater masterstroke from Big Macc than heading into year 4 with Josh McCown and the 4th QB off the board in the 2018 NFL Draft.

10 hours ago, choon328 said:

I agree 100%.  This FO has rarely let anything leak to the press and the press have rarely ever known anything the Jets have done prior to the Jets announcing it since Macc has been here.  Why the hell would Macc all of a sudden start leaking things to the press?  It's the agents, knowing the Jets have a ton of money, trying to drive up the price as much as possible.  I wouldn't be shocked if they Jets signed Cousins and also drafted a QB at 6.  Also, this FA class is not very good so the Jets may end up with mostly middle of the road players.  But with that being said they have such lack of depth that it is embarrassing.  So signing guys to build the depth wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  They can use the space they have this year to front load some of those contracts so that in the next 2-3 years we still have plenty of space available to bring in some big ticket players when they become available.  One thing I'm not concerned about is anything that's coming out of the media about the Jets.  It's all coming from agents right now.

You should be shocked if the Jets signed Cousins.  Mac and Bowles have never been able to close the deal on a UFA who was actually in demand.  If you take your green goggles off, you'd also realize that there's absolutely no reason that a smart guy like Kirk Cousins would sign with the Jets.  And Pauline has talked to people connected to Cousins and around the NFL, not just the Jets.

And please, don't give Mac and Bowles that much credit for keeping secrets.  Sure, they don't talk like Tannenbaum and Rex, but it got out that they were going to draft Hackenberg and that's exactly what happened.

Mac and Bowles are ****ed.  They're going to miss out on the three best available QBs (Cousins, Darnold and Rosen) and be on the unemployment line next year.

7 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Depends where you live in each place. Minnetonka prices are celebrity range. I won't argue NJ, which is terrible -- sadly half the state is within a hour and half of NYC. For Cousins the cost of a mansion will be the least of his concerns. 

Its all about taxes my friend. I lived on a postage size stamped lot in Brooklyn for 25 years (50x100) and paid over 10 thou in taxes a year alone. I live on an acre and a half lot here in MI and pay less than 2,000. Plus everything else is so much cheaper here. Granted the food sucks(bland ASF) and you can't do anything after 2am but if you never had it I guess you never miss it. Cousins is a MI boy. The NY life may not appeal to him. In fact most people here have an intense dislike for the City That Never Sleeps. Believe me I know.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Looking forward to 2019, when we can finally rebuild.

We may have a chance to truly tank this year, with the Browns getting Darnold and Barkley and the Giants getting Josh Rosen.

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

We may have a chance to truly tank this year, with the Browns getting Darnold and Barkley and the Giants getting Josh Rosen.

And we will get to enjoy a hungover Mayfield sitting on the bench watching Teddy Bridgewater go 0-8 the first half of the season

21 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Bradford would be an awesome pickup ... And then draft Jensen followed by Luke Falk.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

He would go 6 and 1. They would just need an answer for the other 9 games they have to play.

19 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Sam Bradford would be very SOJ. It also means the end of Macc and Bowles. Since Bradford is made of glass and also not very good. 

If you we are lucky/unlucky Bradford would play the whole season? If this guy is a Franchise QB why is he on his third team, soon to be 4th?

I'd sooner take a swing at Teddy Bridgewater. It may be shaping up to be a very poor of season and draft. 

The Bill boards may get a return this season?

He is very good problem is he can't stay healthy and hes had 3 chances to stay healthy 

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

ok but a mansion in Minnesota is like 500k the same mansion in NJ is like 3 million. overall cost of living etc 

A 3 million dollar mansion is 10% of his year one salary.

He would more than make that up in endorsements in the NY market.

2 hours ago, Pcola said:

Barring unforeseen trade(s) that take Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, and Allen off the board before our pick (unlikely), you can throw any chances of tanking for, or even drafting, a first round QB off the table for the next 4-5 years.  We will draft one of those guys and commit to them.  The "f this class, focus on a 2019 QB/rebuild" ship has sailed.  For better or worse, our immediate future is tied to one of the QBs from this class.  If there is another one, our next "rebuild" probably starts no earlier than 2023.

Archived