anybody but BAKER MAYFIELD

kmnj

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not significant enough for them to spend a top 6 pick on one. Especially since he has been found to have short arms in the combine.

Rashard Robinson sh*t the bed off the field, not on it.

So Burris played more than half the snaps down the stretch when the games meant absolutely nothing ad evaluations were going on.  Hmmmmmmmm......

1.  They played 13% of the snaps with 3 safeties on the field when their 3rd and 4th safeties were stiffs.

2. Rashard Robinson sh*t the bed off the field in January. Why did he only play 20 snaps before that?  He got some run against the Chiefs and that is it.

3.  Burris played plenty of snaps earlier in the year too.  I am not sure what this ******* moronic "Hmmmmmm....." is for.  They were evaluating him?  They drafted him and he has been there for 2 seasons and offseasons.  What don't they know?  You don't seem to have much faith in this staff for a glass half full guy.  Did they evaluate him by playing Skrine 100% of the snaps for the same period? The games meant nothing pretty much all along, but certainly from mid-season. 

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dcronin said:

You're nuts. Watch. His. Tape. The only guy in the bunch who throws into tight windows, or to the exact place the defender isn't going - he throws his receivers open. His mobility, fire and arm are more than enough to move the chains to get wins.

He is no Johnny Football. A little attitude in NY is just fine.

I like Darnold’s ball placements better and he didn’t play entirely in shotgun spread formations 

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

1.  They played 13% of the snaps with 3 safeties on the field when their 3rd and 4th safeties were stiffs.

2. Rashard Robinson sh*t the bed off the field in January. Why did he only play 20 snaps before that?  He got some run against the Chiefs and that is it.

3.  Burris played plenty of snaps earlier in the year too.  I am not sure what this ******* moronic "Hmmmmmm....." is for.  They were evaluating him?  They drafted him and he has been there for 2 seasons and offseasons.  What don't they know?  You don't seem to have much faith in this staff for a glass half full guy.  Did they evaluate him by playing Skrine 100% of the snaps for the same period? The games meant nothing pretty much all along, but certainly from mid-season. 

1. Again you've made my point for me.  Why would they spend a top 5 pick on a third safety, when they were content to play stiffs at the same position.

2. This was during the season per reports. It was only made public after the season.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/74093/puzzling-trade-for-rashard-robinson-backfires-on-jets

3. The fact of the matter is that if the playoffs were on the line, would be out there? And yes they did draft him 2 years ago, when by logic, he would have had a lighter weight. Same with Patrick peterson is Arizona. Right now, he is the size and weight of Minkah Fitzpatrick. And that's after several years of aging, where weight goes up anyway.

5 hours ago, Jetscreen said:

Take Mark Sanchez for example, he could make every throw with relative ease. He was athletically gifted enough to make even the hardest throws. The problem with him and what was ultimately his death, was the fact he could not see what he was looking at? He was unable to make progressions fast enough and make an accurate throw and really that's the thing.

Sanchez is the most accurate pro comparator to Mayfield 

The Big 10 is NOT the conference you draft qbs from:

Bryce Petty

RG3

Josh Freeman

Geno Smith

Ryan Tannehill

Vince young

sam bradford 

Landry Jones

Andy Dalton is the best qb from the big 10 in the past 15 years to come out.  They don’t play defense in that conference and it’s all shotgun spread one read offenses

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Again you've made my point for me.  Why would they spend a top 5 pick on a third safety, when they were content to play stiffs at the same position.

2. This was during the season per reports. It was only made public after the season.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/74093/puzzling-trade-for-rashard-robinson-backfires-on-jets

3. The fact of the matter is that if the playoffs were on the line, would be out there? And yes they did draft him 2 years ago, when by logic, he would have had a lighter weight. Same with Patrick peterson is Arizona. Right now, he is the size and weight of Minkah Fitzpatrick. And that's after several years of aging, where weight goes up anyway.

1.  Whatever. 

2.  He was arrested in mid-December and was on the team from around Halloween. That is why he missed the last two games.  It isn't why he wasn't on the field before that.

3. I have no ******* idea what you are talking about.  When were the playoffs on the line? He played over 50% of the snaps week 2.  Were the playoffs on the line? If it were my team he wouldn't be on the field with the playoffs on the line, but that is because I think he sucks.  Not because he isn't lanky.  Robinson wouldn't be on the field either.  They both suck.  Darryl Roberts sucks too and he is better than both. 

Burris was a stocky slug at the combine.  The only thing he tested well in was the bench.  The height and weight being thrown around is from the combine - you know, the same as Fitzpatrick.  It isn't logic.  It's a ******* scale and a yardstick.  Shane posted his combine numbers.  Maybe you should read them.  Then you would know without using "logic." 

7 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I keep going back to this with Josh Allen. His stats are about the same as Hackenberg's. His weaknesses seem the same as Hackenberg's. ANd yet Hackenberg was projected to be a late round pick and Allen is top 5. I've come up with several reasons and yet none fit.

The only problem with this comment is his stats are also similar to Dan Marino's - Allen had a much better senior year than Marino. Add to that, Allen has improved in a lot of people's eyes since the Senior Bowl. If he picks up things so quickly, he could be a Hall of Famer down the road, that's how gifted he is with his arm.

6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

The only problem with this comment is his stats are also similar to Dan Marino's - Allen had a much better senior year than Marino. Add to that, Allen has improved in a lot of people's eyes since the Senior Bowl. If he picks up things so quickly, he could be a Hall of Famer down the road, that's how gifted he is with his arm.

I'm okay with Josh Allen if that's who we end up with.  I kind of just want the Jets to roll the dice with one of these QBs.  

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Sanchez is the most accurate pro comparator to Mayfield 

The Big 10 is NOT the conference you draft qbs from:

Bryce Petty

RG3

Josh Freeman

Geno Smith

Ryan Tannehill

Vince young

sam bradford 

Landry Jones

Andy Dalton is the best qb from the big 10 in the past 15 years to come out.  They don’t play defense in that conference and it’s all shotgun spread one read offenses

It’s the big 12

when Dalton was in in college tcu wasn’t in the big 12

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm okay with Josh Allen if that's who we end up with.  I kind of just want the Jets to roll the dice with one of these QBs.  

I'm OK with any of the four QBs in the first round - I just would prefer to move to #4. I am leaning more towards Rosen and Mayfield. Mayfield could be a Drew Brees with better arm strength. Last time we had a real cocky QB that took NYC by storm was Joe Willie. I could see Mayfield going in to Gillette Stadium with a FU Brady and Belli look on his face and proceed to kick some butt and push them to retirement. He is very accurate and has such a live arm and from what I've heard, everyone at Oklahoma loves him. Plus, he LOVES football and gets everyone around him pumped up.

9 hours ago, Stark said:

Anyone but Allen is what this should say. We can argue whether a player is worth being taken at 6, but Allen is the 1 QB that we should avoid at all costs, to me he has the lowest floor of the top 4 QB's. He is being over hyped by the media for the love of his "big arm".. laughable... but its unfortunate that people are buying into the hype... 

Mayfield is not Jonny Football, and yes, Hack is garbage, Petty is what most expected him to be - not a starting QB just a roster guy. He will give you hope in meaningless preseason games (Brett Ratliff) 

Don't worry Allen is not gonna be there at 6.  He was very good at the senior bowl and even better at the combine.  He's bigger, stronger and faster than Mayfield and Rosen.  I know he's from a secondary division and he had less than 60% passer rating, but that's all relative.  What  I saw over the weekend was a QB who has an incredible arm, prototypical size who can throw a nice touch pass and can run when he needs to.  Take a look at his highlights and the throws he makes on the run.  Mayfield was ok and Rosen looked terrible at times. I predict Allen will be off the board before either one of them.

10 hours ago, kmnj said:

he is the one QB I dont want the Jets to take and the one I feel like our Gm will end up taking. Our GM has proven to be one of the leagues worst judges on drafting QBs as well

He traded up to get Petty who he said had a very high ceiling-next up Hack simply a terrible QB that most fans knew would be terrible-he is in fact so bad the Jets wont even play him in meaningless games. Mayfield is going to be the next johnny football and hope to god the jets dont draft him. I would even rather they go defense again with the one over him as some how even though we draft defensive first every year we have one of the worst defensive units in the league

So what was your SN before you were banned the first time? Can anybody guess?

16 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I'm OK with any of the four QBs in the first round - I just would prefer to move to #4. I am leaning more towards Rosen and Mayfield. Mayfield could be a Drew Brees with better arm strength. Last time we had a real cocky QB that took NYC by storm was Joe Willie. I could see Mayfield going in to Gillette Stadium with a FU Brady and Belli look on his face and proceed to kick some butt and push them to retirement. He is very accurate and has such a live arm and from what I've heard, everyone at Oklahoma loves him. Plus, he LOVES football and gets everyone around him pumped up.

Yep I'd be happy if we drafted Mayfield too.  I don't really know which of these guys is good but I just want one of the big 4.

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Our Draft board seems pretty easy to stack this year.  For a team that's desperate for a QB, doesn't have a true pass rusher and has no #1 RB this draft lines up pretty well.  It's the Top 4 QBs + RB Barkley + DE/LB Chubb.  That's it.  Those are the 6 guys worth the pick at #6 assuming the Jets don't land Cousins.  Let's not make it any harder than it is.

Here's what's going to happen though...Jets will sign Cousins...

At 6 - Chubb and Barkley will be gone - Mayfield will be sitting there - and we'll take Minkah Fitzpatrick...Mayfield will go on to  have a great career for 15 years and Minkah will leave the Jets as a free agent in 4 years.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's what's going to happen though...Jets will sign Cousins...

At 6 - Chubb and Barkley will be gone - Mayfield will be sitting there - and we'll take Minkah Fitzpatrick...Mayfield will go on to  have a great career for 15 years and Minkah will leave the Jets as a free agent in 3 years.

Dee Milliner/Kyle Wilson/Calvin Pryor esque!!!!!!

10 hours ago, kmnj said:

he is the one QB I dont want the Jets to take and the one I feel like our Gm will end up taking. Our GM has proven to be one of the leagues worst judges on drafting QBs as well

He traded up to get Petty who he said had a very high ceiling-next up Hack simply a terrible QB that most fans knew would be terrible-he is in fact so bad the Jets wont even play him in meaningless games. Mayfield is going to be the next johnny football and hope to god the jets dont draft him. I would even rather they go defense again with the one over him as some how even though we draft defensive first every year we have one of the worst defensive units in the league

Why do you and so many other "fans" compare Mayfield to Manziel? Because they are both six footish, and showy? Where are the similarities? Let it go.

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

If I had a dime for every JN poster who thought (rightfully so) that McCown was the ultimate tank QB, who now thinks we "didn't tank properly", I'd be a very rich man.

In before:  Nuh uh, I wanted Petty, no really!:lol:

The Jets tanked as best they could.  They players, schedule and opponents decided it wasn't to be.  It happens.

The complaints were that he was never good and never healthy and a waste of money. Now he was too good and too durable and cost us a top pick.

49 minutes ago, pointman said:

What did they say?

They said one scout or gm said that they thought mayfield was perhaps the best person on the the field and the worst one off the field.  Eisen was pressing mayock, just saying that he was competitive and such mayock said something about maturity and looked kind of disgusted and said I'll just leave it at that.

38 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

I think it's interesting that so much vitriol is thrown at Jamal Adams on the board for making confident statments about his play but there is so much praise heaped on Mayfield for making the same statements. 

It's an interesting dichotomy. 

There is no dichotomy both are far too mouthy before actually doing anything of note at all.  Confidence is nice and all but you have to earn the ability to make statements to have some cred.  The NFL is a whole other ball of wax and mayfield will find out in a hurry he is no longer in college.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

They said one scout or gm said that they thought mayfield was perhaps the best person on the the field and the worst one off the field.  Eisen was pressing mayock, just saying that he was competitive and such mayock said something about maturity and looked kind of disgusted and said I'll just leave it at that.

Damn. Thats kind of.. big. I'm surprised at that.

4 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

And he can move around the pocket pretty well and throws well on the run also.  Check out his highlights lots of throws on the run.  The dude looks and plays like a stud.  I mean it's all a crapshoot, but he looks a lot better than I thought he would.

14 hours ago, kmnj said:

Mayfield is like a Mexican jumping bean in the pocket. Noisy noisy feet. And he’s like 5’10. Can you imagine this guy flopping, signing Manziel as a back up and resigning McCown. That would be SO JETS. McCown, Mayfield, Manziel with Hack on practice squad. Oh the horror!

2 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

I think it's interesting that so much vitriol is thrown at Jamal Adams on the board for making confident statments about his play but there is so much praise heaped on Mayfield for making the same statements. 

Simple explanation. That’s because Adams sucks and is a walking piece of burnt toast. 

3 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

On a board where Geno Smith starting a game for the Giants can cause a 20 page thread about how the Jets mis-handled him, it shouldn't be a surprise that every conceivable opinion can be found here to one degree or another.

I was in the anyone but Baker crowd but now I want the Jets to draft him because of the litany of Baker Jets fans infesting the message boards.  If I'm right about him this regime will be gone and I get to say "I told you so".  If I'm wrong, we have ourselves a FQB.  It's a win win situation.  Baker or bust!!!

3 minutes ago, legler82 said:

I was in the anyone but Baker crowd but now I want the Jets to draft him because of the litany of Baker Jets fans infesting the message boards.  If I'm right about him this regime will be gone and I get to say "I told you so".  If I'm wrong, we have ourselves a FQB.  It's a win win situation.  Baker or bust!!!

I'm tired of being right on messageboards about this team and front office. Just for once I'd love to be wrong.

9 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

I DO love Allen but like you I will be 100 % behind whoever is our opening day QB. And yes it WILL be exciting. A lot is riding on this off season.

Whoah I didn't think the bold existed.  I have to admit that I'm shocked to find there was even a smaller minority opinion on Allen than the one I am a part of, the "Allen is not as bad as the box score internet scouts would want you to believe" minority.

1 hour ago, BigO said:

Mayfield is like a Mexican jumping bean in the pocket. Noisy noisy feet. And he’s like 5’10. Can you imagine this guy flopping, signing Manziel as a back up and resigning McCown. That would be SO JETS. McCown, Mayfield, Manziel with Hack on practice squad. Oh the horror!

Not Manziel, and not 5"10. The conflation is off the charts.

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

There is no dichotomy both are far too mouthy before actually doing anything of note at all.  Confidence is nice and all but you have to earn the ability to make statements to have some cred.  The NFL is a whole other ball of wax and mayfield will find out in a hurry he is no longer in college.

But your consistent in your stance. There are fans that will bash Jamal but praise Mayfield. 

Archived