Bills trade for the 12th pick

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst thing that will come from signing Cousins (I don't think we will) is the fact that Buffalo and Miami may come out with two of the top 4 rookie QBs via trading up. There goes our chance to dominate this division, which, by the way, we're the only team that never has had that dominating time where we own the division year after year. We'll get an up close look 4 times a year on how ridiculously stupid and gutless we were. 

It could easily be Miami and Buffalo taking turns winning the division for the next 12 seasons and we'll be in the basement below the Pats - and we would deserve it for throwing 30 million at an above average QB. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

There apparently in talks with Keenum and Bradford. If they bring in either one them I don’t think they’ll trade up for a QB. They could use the extra picks. 

Keenum is a JAG and Bradford is finished they are drafting a qb 

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Until today, I was not worried about the Bills ability to jump us.  I am worried now.  12 + 22 beats 6.

But doesn't beat 6, a future first, two top 50s, a top 75....I really wish we'd stop working so hard to make the Bills a thing. They're just in a better position to land the 4th best QB right now. 

5 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

The worst thing that will come from signing Cousins (I don't think we will) is the fact that Buffalo and Miami may come out with two of the top 4 rookie QBs via trading up. There goes our chance to dominate this division, which, by the way, we're the only team that never has had that dominating time where we own the division year after year. We'll get an up close look 4 times a year on how ridiculously stupid and gutless we were. 

It could easily be Miami and Buffalo taking turns winning the division for the next 12 seasons and we'll be in the basement below the Pats - and we would deserve it for throwing 30 million at an above average QB. 

or, the 2 young qbs stink and Cousins throws for 4,500 yards and 35 tds a year for the next 6 years and we made the smart move.

5 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

12 seasons of Todd Bowles and 5-11 and 6-10 ball.  Kacy Rodgers is the heir apparent in 2031.

15 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Swapped picks with the Bengals in a trade for Cory Glenn. They're definitely plotting to trade up in front of us. :unsure:

They also have a young up and coming Offensive minded HC who can coach up a rookie QB.  We have Todd Bowles.

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They’re apparently in talks with Keenum and Bradford. If they bring in either one them I don’t think they’ll trade up for a QB. They could use the extra picks. 

you're thinking like a true Jets fan.... relying on bradford is actually the dumbest thing in the world. They're smart. Hire a bridge QB... and ACTUALLY address the long term QB question. 

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They’re apparently in talks with Keenum and Bradford. If they bring in either one them I don’t think they’ll trade up for a QB. They could use the extra picks. 

Uhh...if this isn't a clear signal they plan to move up for a QB then I don't what is...

I have no doubt the Bills and Phins are working their asses off to get into the top 4-5 picks in order to draft a QB.

I have no idea what Macc is thinking right now tbqh.  No idea.

I could easily see the Jets walking out at the end of the draft with a QB roster of Bridgewater (FA, 15 mil a year), Jackson (Draft Pick) and Hackenberg.

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Until today, I was not worried about the Bills ability to jump us.  I am worried now.  12 + 22 beats 6.

Yeah, but not by much.  I know the value chart isn' exact, but both of the Bills firsts (#12[1200]=#22[780])= #6[1600] + 380 points which is the 52nd pick (isn't that the Hackenberg pick?).  Our 2nd 2nd is #49 and worth 410.

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If only Woody was smart enough to pull the trigger on Macagnan and Todd Bowles 

Worst regime since Kotite

agree, we lost the off season when we brought both of them back

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Yeah, but not by much.  I know the value chart isn' exact, but both of the Bills firsts (#12[1200]=#22[780])= #6[1600] + 380 points which is the 52nd pick (isn't that the Hackenberg pick?).  Our 2nd 2nd is #49 and worth 410.

Yeah, but who do you think is going to be more aggressive to move up.  Bills GM who has been making moves left and right to acquire draft capital to get a QB,  Or Macc.

1 minute ago, jbt said:

agree, we lost the off season when we brought both of them back

Jets fans are literally going to riot when we get completely shut out of free agency

But hey more money to overpay Leo, Darron and Jamal in 2 years!

Just now, jamesr said:

So the Bills are going to potentially have Bradford, and / or a rookie QB, behind an O line that has lost its starting centre and left tackle in consecutive months?

Good luck with that ...

The bills benched Tyrod, the guy who got them to their first playoff in 20 years, for a crap rookie who makes Hackenberg look good

they are going to SUCK

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

So the Bills are going to potentially have Bradford, and / or a rookie QB, behind an O line that has lost its starting centre and left tackle in consecutive months?

Good luck with that ...

Glenn wasn't their starter. He's played 16 games in the last 3 years. They had a guy Dawkins starting most of the year and performed well.

Wood (center) was also on his way to retirement. There were calls for his backup to take over during the season.

I hope they trade to go get a QB.

Their roster(a 9-7 roster) is old as hell, and could barely do anything when they had a QB that was perfectly capable of winning some games, albeit not a long term answer.

Now they are going to insert a young QB into that aging roster, while depleting the roster and its future to do so.  It may impact the Jets QB situation, it may not.

I see this going badly for Buffalo in the long run, especially if the guy they trade for flops, which is entirely possible with this class.

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Glenn wasn't their starter. He's played 16 games in the last 3 years. They had a guy Dawkins starting most of the year and performed well.

Wood (center) was also on his way to retirement. There were calls for his backup to take over during the season.

And yet they got mid-2nd round value from CIN for him.  Not sure if they'll get into the top-5 but you can't fault the effort.  Worst case, they'll have a lot of premium draft picks to spend on the rebuild.

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I hope they trade to go get a QB.

Their roster(a 9-7 roster) is old as hell, and could barely do anything when they had a QB that was perfectly capable of winning some games, albeit not a long term answer.

Now they are going to insert a young QB into that aging roster, while depleting the roster and its future to do so.  It may impact the Jets QB situation, it may not.

I see this going badly for Buffalo in the long run, especially if the guy they trade for flops, which is entirely possible with this class.

...and when I said I'd enjoy watching the unabashed ballwashing when the Jets stay put at 6...even I didn't think it would start this early.

Archived