Jump to content

Edelman loses appeal


BUM-KNEE
 Share

Recommended Posts

From ESPN

New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman's appeal was denied Tuesday.

His four-game suspension for performance-enhancing drugs stands.

Edelman focused on two key issues in his appeal, which was heard on June 25. The first was that the substance for which Edelman tested positive wasn't one recognized by the league's drug testers. The second, according to a source, involved a mishandling of the documentation and delivery of Edelman's test results.

During the course of the investigation, it was learned that the NFL made mistakes in the manner in which the test results were handled. Edelman had argued that the mishandling of the evidence was one of the reasons he should have been exonerated.

Edelman could end up pursuing an appeal of his case in federal court.

Edelman, 32, missed the entire 2017 season after tearing his right ACL in the preseason.

With his suspension, Edelman will miss the Patriots' games against Houston, at Jacksonville, at Detroit and against Miami. He will be eligible to return on Oct. 1 and make his season debut on Oct. 4 at home against Indianapolis.
 
 
HaHa!
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s extremely important, my friends, that we never let history tell us that the Patriots were a great team, or that they belong in any conversation regarding the best teams of all time. It’s important that we remind future generations that the Belichick/Brady Patriots were among the most shameless cheaters in the history of sport and won nothing legitimately. Let no one tell your children or grandchildren otherwise. Let them know that Roger Goodell was complicit. Tell them. 

Oh, I do!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s extremely important, my friends, that we never let history tell us that the Patriots were a great team, or that they belong in any conversation regarding the best teams of all time. It’s important that we remind future generations that the Belichick/Brady Patriots were among the most shameless cheaters in the history of sport and won nothing legitimately. Let no one tell your children or grandchildren otherwise. Let them know that Roger Goodell was complicit. Tell them. 

100% Agree 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

Did they finally reveal that he was injecting himself with a mixture of Tom Brady's and horse semen? That's why it didn't come up as something recognizable on the test 

Girls produce semen as well?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it so interesting how the Patriots players and team defenses in these situations seem to routinely come down to "jailhouse lawyer" tactics.  He should be exonerated because the NFL mishandled evidence.  WTF? 

This reminds me so much of deflate gate where the issue became why doesn't the NFL had a better method of measuring and recording football pressure, rather than calling out the true unsportsmanlike behavior on the part of the Patriots...the process opened the NFL up to scumbaggery tactics like deflating footballs!

Don't focus on the act and certainly don't admit any guilt, but look to deflecting to the process and external issues to obfuscate and hope for a pass.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he did try to take this to Federal court.  Drug testing is probably impacting his civil rights and his right to an honest living...sickening to me.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Never liked him anyways. 

OMG, I can't stand Edelman! He complains about every incompletion that he's been held, he pushes off constantly, he gets in everyone's face when he does come down with the ball, but all we hear is how classy the Patriots are...ugh. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s extremely important, my friends, that we never let history tell us that the Patriots were a great team, or that they belong in any conversation regarding the best teams of all time. It’s important that we remind future generations that the Belichick/Brady Patriots were among the most shameless cheaters in the history of sport and won nothing legitimately. Let no one tell your children or grandchildren otherwise. Let them know that Roger Goodell was complicit. Tell them. 

Pats are losing a lot of the old guard refs who suck their dick every week too.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

I find it so interesting how the Patriots players and team defenses in these situations seem to routinely come down to "jailhouse lawyer" tactics.  He should be exonerated because the NFL mishandled evidence.  WTF? 

This reminds me so much of deflate gate where the issue became why doesn't the NFL had a better method of measuring and recording football pressure, rather than calling out the true unsportsmanlike behavior on the part of the Patriots...the process opened the NFL up to scumbaggery tactics like deflating footballs!

Don't focus on the act and certainly don't admit any guilt, but look to deflecting to the process and external issues to obfuscate and hope for a pass.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he did try to take this to Federal court.  Drug testing is probably impacting his civil rights and his right to an honest living...sickening to me.

 

Yup they never argued that the substance wasn't a PED. The focuse was that the paperwork was done wrong and the sample handled wrong.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nonsense. 

Legit dynasty..... Give it a rest. 

Nothing they did was so extreme that it gave them sb rings. Who knows how many guys take peds. A deflated ball? Lol. 

The tom brady paycheck with tb12 is definitely questionable but for chdists sake ahame on the nfl and every other team for not addressing it long ago

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Nonsense. 

Legit dynasty..... Give it a rest. 

Nothing they did was so extreme that it gave them sb rings. Who knows how many guys take peds. A deflated ball? Lol. 

The tom brady paycheck with tb12 is definitely questionable but for chdists sake ahame on the nfl and every other team for not addressing it long ago

Its mostly bs plus stuff other teams do until you get to how they cheat the salary cap with impunity.

That has been worth a few rings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Yup they never argued that the substance wasn't a PED. The focuse was that the paperwork was done wrong and the sample handled wrong.

It’s a big deal if the substance wasn’t actually listed on the banned substance list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

It’s a big deal if the substance wasn’t actually listed on the banned substance list

From what I've read the substance was actually not listed but the chemical makeup of it was essentially the same. Probably a new improved variant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

I find it so interesting how the Patriots players and team defenses in these situations seem to routinely come down to "jailhouse lawyer" tactics.  He should be exonerated because the NFL mishandled evidence.  WTF? 

This reminds me so much of deflate gate where the issue became why doesn't the NFL had a better method of measuring and recording football pressure, rather than calling out the true unsportsmanlike behavior on the part of the Patriots...the process opened the NFL up to scumbaggery tactics like deflating footballs!

Don't focus on the act and certainly don't admit any guilt, but look to deflecting to the process and external issues to obfuscate and hope for a pass.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he did try to take this to Federal court.  Drug testing is probably impacting his civil rights and his right to an honest living...sickening to me.

 

Never been involved with the legal system before?  He has lawyers that handle it and they use every option at their disposal.  You don't think that mishandling the samples is a real problem?  34,000 in Boston were based on samples by a chemist who admitted to literally making up results.  No reason to question the handling?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Never liked him anyways. 

 

20 hours ago, Jetster said:

OMG, I can't stand Edelman! He complains about every incompletion that he's been held, he pushes off constantly, he gets in everyone's face when he does come down with the ball, but all we hear is how classy the Patriots are...ugh.  

 

Yep.  He talks sh*t after every 8 yard completion like he just caught a 60-yard TD.  Friggin punk.

My Dad went to grad school at Kent State (he was attending Kent and witnessed the shootings in 1970), so I root for former Kent players, like Antonio Gates, Josh Cribbs, and even James Harrison.  But Edelman?  F*ck him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Its mostly bs plus stuff other teams do until you get to how they cheat the salary cap with impunity.

That has been worth a few rings. 

I don't think people realize how little Brady gets paid on the books.  The washed money that pours in tohis "business endeavors" that originate through the Patriots is how the entire dynasty is at least in part based on a cheating tactic. It's almost over.  In the end, the Pats get away with it. Rollo Tomasi. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  He talks sh*t after every 8 yard completion like he just caught a 60-yard TD.  Friggin punk.

So do our players.

Only difference is our players are usually down by 14+ when they're jawing and dancing and hooting.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2018 at 8:32 AM, T0mShane said:

It’s extremely important, my friends, that we never let history tell us that the Patriots were a great team, or that they belong in any conversation regarding the best teams of all time. It’s important that we remind future generations that the Belichick/Brady Patriots were among the most shameless cheaters in the history of sport and won nothing legitimately. Let no one tell your children or grandchildren otherwise. Let them know that Roger Goodell was complicit. Tell them. 

This is unbelievable.

 

7E795814-C245-4CF8-82D1-BDCFC03467F8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...