Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

If this is legit...the Helmet sucks big time but at least the Jersey's are cool.

I like going back to green and only an all green helmet would work with an all black alternate.  (I thought they were white?  Didn't someone call up Riddle and confirm this?)

But that's just a sh*tty sh*tty logo.  Seriously, it's a microsoft clip art football.  I would expect more from Nike.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Legend Killa7 said:

me too.  I mean I don't know anything about photoshop, but if it is not legit, they did a REAL nice job photoshopping Sam, Jamal, Leo, etc into those things.  I hope they ARE legit, because they are friggin' NICE!

enunwa and herndon - those guys would be the ones to model the unis.  

19 minutes ago, funaz said:

They leaked. Here they are:

4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpglol. I think this is a PS of the Leak from the jaguars.

If this is legit then I guess I can get behind it. Robby and Jamal's white with green are sharp as far as the colors go. I like the black version enough. That shoulder accent is a bit odd looking from the side, they could have re-shaped it a bit there to make it more dynamic. The green jersey looks the worst to me. Black stroke around the numbers??? feels cheap. 

I do not like the lame "new" Jets logo, it feels lame and a weak (scared) attempt at making something better. 

The helmet could be cool looking.

If this is legit, I would expect some tweaks in a few years, it could have been worse. 

Agree with those saying that leak seems pretty legit, especially considering the line up of who is showing this off is clear and pretty much exactly who you'd expect.  Assuming it's true, I don't think it's as bold and crazy as some were trying to suggest, aside from the obviously greatly different black alts, but I don't have a problem with them.  They could have done a little more with the helmet logo, but even that's fine.  From my perspective, if these are legit, then I'll have no problem eventually picking one up the next time I'm looking for a jersey, but I'm also in no rush and am totally fine sticking with last year's Darnold in the meantime.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If that's the uniform I'm thrilled.  Just enough new to make it interesting, not so over the top that we lose our identity.  Classy, not vulgar. 

Great job, Jets.

SAR I

We can agree now.  If real, they look great

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

If this is legit...the Helmet sucks big time but at least the Jersey's are cool.

I like going back to green and only an all green helmet would work with an all black alternate.  (I thought they were white?  Didn't someone call up Riddle and confirm this?)

But that's just a sh*tty sh*tty logo.  Seriously, it's a microsoft clip art football.  I would expect more from Nike.

not sure that's nike, that seems more like the jets not wanting to deviate too much from the past.  

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

seems like they didn't want to remove the 'jets' from the helmet, ok, i get it, that's the connection to the past.  font as well.

I'd be cool if they just left the word Jets, leave the football off of it....everyone knows what damn game you are playing! 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Not to get this thread off on another tangent....but.....I don't know, it's been a while so a lot of what went on faded from my memory, but I give Woody a pass, somewhat, on the stadium.

He had grand plans for the west side of Manhattan and James Dolan and his cronies in Albany crushed them.  If I remember correctly, it also crushed NYC's bid for the Olympics that eventually went to London because the WSS was going to be the centerpiece of the Olympic bid.  Blame Woody for not having a suitable backup plan somewhere in Queens or on the Island, but, what Woody wanted certainly a lot better than what we have now.

09jets-big.jpg

He could have moved the stadium to Queens or LI where the Jets have a Very heavy fan base... but no... he decided on the swamp.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Not feeling it.  Looks like a modern take on the 1990 to 1996 unis w/ a homage to the AFL with the helmet logo.  Too busy, too much going on IMO.  

Exactly...the first thing I thought of was mid 90s when they went to numbers with a black boarder around them.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

i think the white jersey looks cooler than the green one in general

The whites look great. 

Based on this still image and not seeing them in motion I’d go 

1) White

2) Black

3) Green

Im sure they’ll do an all white day sometime soon and that’ll probably look awesome.

• Upvote 2

Just now, SAR I said:

100%, I'm really happy.

And I like the green helmets (yikes).  That chrome is sick.

SAR I

agreed.  and while many here pine(d) for the 80s helmet logo we all knew that wasn't coming back.  this is as close as we'd get.  

only thing not in these pics is the shade of green from JB's tie.

5 minutes ago, jetsons said:

He could have moved the stadium to Queens or LI where the Jets have a Very heavy fan base... but no... he decided on the swamp.

Except that most of their fanbase now isnt in Queens of LI anymore.  All the years in NJ changed it and the owners live in NJ.  Wasnt shocking that after the pols shot down the stadium they didnt go with Queens as plan B

• Upvote 1