Looking at the schedule....

NoBowles

I am hard pressed to find more than 3 wins total. My guess is we go somewhere between 3-13 and 5-11 as anything can happen in the NFL. This schedule is absolutely brutal. Maybe we find a way to beat the Broncos or the Colts, maybe the Titans. This year is all about Darnold's development. 

My guess:

Lions W

Dolphins L

Browns L

Jags L

Denver L

Colts L

Vikings L

Bears L

Dolphins L

Bills W

Pats L

Titans L

Bills W

Texans L

Packers L

Pats L

If the OL play does not improve and fast... I mean we do happen to play a lot of really good pass rushing teams, Jags, Denver, Minny, Chicago, Brownies, Patsies, Watt & Clowney and on and on. Miami is not on the level of those teams and they beat Sam up quite a bit..

BTW Bears D is of championship caliber so far..

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Have you heard from him? I texted him. No answer.

No, I was going to text him. But I didn't want to be "that guy". Now that it is clear that you are "that guy", I will text him.

Dear Tom: 

I realize that I am Angelo's sloppy seconds, but I just wanted to reach out and check in.

Warm Regards, 
Max

(and yes I type all my texts the same way I would if I were using a typewriter).

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I am hard pressed to find more than 3 wins total. My guess is we go somewhere between 3-13 and 5-11 as anything can happen in the NFL. This schedule is absolutely brutal. Maybe we find a way to beat the Broncos or the Colts, maybe the Titans. This year is all about Darnold's development. 

My guess:

Lions W

Dolphins L

Browns W (just because)

Jags L

Denver L

Colts W (that D sucks as well as their line)

Vikings L

Bears W- (NO QB)

Dolphins W- (revenge game for Sam, DEFINITE win)

Bills W

Pats L

Titans W- (They suck and will continue to do so)

Bills W

Texans W (see Titans)

Packers L

Pats W (Revenge and statement game for Sam)

FIXED, your welcome

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

If the OL play does not improve and fast... I mean we do happen to play a lot of really good pass rushing teams, Jags, Denver, Minny, Chicago, Brownies, Patsies, Watt & Clowney and on and on. Miami is not on the level of those teams and they beat Sam up quite a bit..

BTW Bears D is of championship caliber so far..

Our OL is in big trouble this season.  All those teams have solid pass rush.  But don't discount Miami's pass rush.  They belong on that list with the others. Wake has been a Jets menace since forever and adding Quinn makes the Miami front 4 pretty damned potent and right there with the others.  Really the anomaly in the NFL is not to have a good pass rusher or two.  Like the Jets.  Pass rush.  OL.  Mac. WTF.

My guess is that before the season 75% of people had the Jets with a L in Detroit and a W against Miami, or they may have had a L for both.  In any case, almost everyone who does this sort of thing (assigning W's and L's to the whole schedule) was probably already wrong after Week 1 and definitely wrong after Week 2.

3 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

So does the team that they beat on the road by 31 points and the Buffalo Bills go 0-14 until they meet each other in week 15?

The Jets lost Sunday but did not get blown out. Correct a mistake or two or the ball bounces the right way a time or two and that is a win.

Any given Sunday.

Fire Bowles and cut Skrine

I said before the Fish game that I expected them to come crashing back to earth, and got bashed for that too.

Look, I don't think the team is that good. I don't like the construction of the team, and I don't like the coaching staff. 

My bigger point is, this team is not going to the playoffs this year, the schedule is brutal and we are not strong enough to win 10 games this year. I won't let the losses bother me much. I will root like hell for them every week, like I did against the fish this past week, but I am not living and dying with the results like I have in years where there are expectations. Monday night against the Lions was really fun, but it was a bit of an anomaly against a terrible team.

I'd like to see 2 main things come out of this season

1) Obviously Darnold development. I am confident that he is the real deal. Let him go through some growing pains this year and learn and grow as a QB.

2) Prove one way or the other that Bowles either is or isn't a quality HC. I lean towards isn't, but it would be in Jets best interest if he is. What would suck is undecided. He is in year 4 now, he has the defense he wants, and has largely ignored the offensive side of the ball, and now has his 3rd OC in 4 years. We have a relatively short window where Darnold will be cheap. I'd like to have a legit chance to win a SB before he gets paid huge money. To do that, we need to know Bowles is that guy, or move on this year.

There is plenty of good news here.

1. The best way to judge your D and you QB is by playing good teams on a hard schedule. 

2. We have a lot of rookies/young players learning on the job. They will gain better experience playing good teams; we will also learn quickly who can deal with the pressure and who cannot. For those that will stick, let them get there stupid mistakes out of their system this year.

3. Teams may look good on paper at the beginning of the season may not be so good when we play them. Also, as stated before, we didn't get blown out, we kept shooting ourselves in the foot - we may do better than we think - either way, it will be fun to watch Darnold continue to impress.

4. If we only win 3-5 games this year, we will likely get a very good pick - hopefully the LT we need (too bad we don't have a 2nd, but Darnold was worth it)

5. For those of us hoping to see Bowles replaced, 3 wins may just do it.

I just want Sam to stay healthy. Jets should have a fun inside team penalty. If Sam gets hurt the responsible player gets Teabagged by the entire team including Coaches & the practice squad. That's the kind of incentive needed to keep people off of this kids azz.

Much more effective than push-ups.

Every NFL season is fluid for each team, never static. There will be highs and lows. I see a 7-9 / 8-8 finish. 

The Jets didn’t get it done Sunday. But what I did see, which I almost never do, was a calm team that still expected to win. They didn’t fold, or seem to press. They just didn’t execute, simple. 

We’re young, we’ll lose some games we should win. We’re hungry and confident, we’ll win some games we probably shouldn’t. Average out around .500 at the end. 

Archived