Jets Waive ArDarius Stewart

JetNation

IMG_5789.jpg

The Jets had a decision to make regarding wide receiver ArDarius Stewart who was due to return from the suspended list this week and they’ve done just that, waiving the second-year player according to the team’s twitter account.

Should he clear waivers, the Jets may look to add Stewart to their practice squad.

The post Jets Waive ArDarius Stewart appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
4WtAwafLQvw

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, King P said:

Reminder...

Godwin was still on the board ???

So was Kenny Golladay...

I am huge fan of Godwin, a one on one red zone mismatch and already one of the best blocking wide receivers in the game.  Even so, Golladay might be even better...  That hit on Tru Johnson after the interception showed he is a complete football player too.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

top 5 worst picks of the modern jets draft era... there was so much talent on the board at that time, only through blind luck could you find the 1 guy who's ass wouldn't even make it to year 2. 

Since I'm too lazy to do research, who was around at that time?

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You beat me to my comment.  He's definitely going to be a Pat.

Does this "the Pats will get him, the Pats are coming!"  thing have to happen every single time the Jets cut a player?

A few around here even pulled this crap over Hackenberg.  HACKENBERG.

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You beat me to my comment.  He's definitely going to be a Pat.

There's so many posts and activity here that you have to read through ALL posts on every thread or you'll double up!

Mostly I end up liking or up arrow things i was thinking....\\:D/

37 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Since I'm too lazy to do research, who was around at that time?

Godwin.  Kareem Hunt.  Shaquill Griffin.  Golladay.  James Conner.  Dede Westbrook.  Carl Lawson.  Tarik Cohen.

All of the players above were taken between Stewart and Hansen.  And those are only the ones we know.  Some others may be making an impact for their team we haven't heard of yet. 

Oh yeah... George Kittle was taken a few picks after Chad Hansen.

There ya go lazy...

13 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Wholeheartedly agree.  Tannenbaum used to keep his crap for 2 or 3 years too long.

May I remind you we held on to Petty until year 4, and Hack until year 3? Just because Macc is releasing his own guys in years 2,3 and 4 only means he really stinks at scouting and picked up many players in the mid rounds that aren’t even on active rosters anymore. Darnold is the only thing that will eventually bail him, else he was a goner. 

22 minutes ago, j4jets said:

May I remind you we held on to Petty until year 4, and Hack until year 3? Just because Macc is releasing his own guys in years 2,3 and 4 only means he really stinks at scouting and picked up many players in the mid rounds that aren’t even on active rosters anymore. Darnold is the only thing that will eventually bail him, else he was a goner. 

The Jets finally have a FQB, but we will not make the playoffs because the rest of the roster has too many problems, even though Mac had 4 off seasons and drafts to build it to prepare for the arrival of the eventual Messiah FQB.  

Even the 2018 draft, which looks better, had effectively 3 DL taken when we play a 3-4 and basically already had at least 4 DL on the roster who were functional.  We play 5 OL and have 3-4 who are functional.  We play a 3-4 defense and do not really have a Rushing EDGE.

We are carrying 7 CBs and one on suspension, and only play 3 at a time, at most.  

Mac should be named a President in name only and focus on trades and big picture stuff.  Let Heimerdinger and a new staff actually scout and draft the college players.  

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Does this "the Pats will get him, the Pats are coming!"  thing have to happen every single time the Jets cut a player?

A few around here even pulled this crap over Hackenberg.  HACKENBERG.

LOL - that was me.  I've never gotten over the Danny Woodhead thing.

The Jets finally have a FQB, but we will not make the playoffs because the rest of the roster has too many problems, even though Mac had 4 off seasons and drafts to build it to prepare for the arrival of the eventual Messiah FQB.  
Even the 2018 draft, which looks better, had effectively 3 DL taken when we play a 3-4 and basically already had at least 4 DL on the roster who were functional.  We play 5 OL and have 3-4 who are functional.  We play a 3-4 defense and do not really have a Rushing EDGE.
We are carrying 7 CBs and one on suspension, and only play 3 at a time, at most.  
Mac should be named a President in name only and focus on trades and big picture stuff.  Let Heimerdinger and a new staff actually scout and draft the college players.  
You realize we need depth players too. Bowles likes to move defensive players in and out. It is no excuse for going into the season with no offensive line but you cant just draft someone based only on the position they play.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

we held on to Hack and Petty because we were making an attempt to develop them normally you would give young QB's a little more time especially since we didn't have anyone else at the position.

Also it's not up to the GM to cut players it's up to the HC Im sure they discuss it but the decision has to be the HC's not the GM's

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It was a bad pick, but I'm glad that Macc is owning up to his mistakes and not holding onto his draft picks for 5 years.

100% this.

Drafting Stewart was a mistake.  Keeping him only because you drafted him is an even worse mistake (and one that Tanny made with Vlad Ducasse).

I actually have MORE confidence in Macc watching him do this than try to force feed the team a bad draft pick.

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

100% this.

Drafting Stewart was a mistake.  Keeping him only because you drafted him is an even worse mistake (and one that Tanny made with Vlad Ducasse).

I actually have MORE confidence in Macc watching him do this than try to force feed the team a bad draft pick.

Macc saved his job by trading up to # 3 last year. Without that he would be a goner.

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

100% this.

I know exactly what you mean, and totally agree.

But Ducasse is a poor example.  He was a raw, small-school project with a language barrier.  He is a success story.    Still playing... for the lousy OL in Buffalo, I know.  But according to PFF, take their opinion for what it's worth (grossly overrated imo), Vlad has graded out as an excellent pass blocker for the first 2 weeks.  Actually, the best guard in the NFL.

Just now, RoadFan said:

I know exactly what you mean, but Ducasse is a poor example.  He was a raw, small-school project with a language barrier.  He is still playing... for the lousy OL in Buffalo, I know.  But according to PFF, take their opinion for what it's worth (grossly overrated imo), Vlad has graded out as an excellent pass blocker for the first 2 weeks.  Actually, the best guard in the NFL.

Fair point.  I knew he was still around but I didn't know he was doing that well.  I should have elaborated a little more.  The decision to keep Vlad came at the expense of letting Matt Slauson walk that season.  He ended up going to Chicago as a FA and went to the Pro Bowl.  We eventually cut Vlad so we ended up losing both players which is unfortunate in hindsight.

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Macc saved his job by trading up to # 3 last year. Without that he would be a goner.

It was a risky move that my have paid off.  I agree.  He swung for the fences because he essentially had to.

We should give him the benefit of seeing how this year plays out with some rookies already starting to contribute with mixed results (playing time for Darnold, Shepherd, Herndon, etc.).  But at the end of the year the evaluation could be ugly over his first 4 drafts.  A good GM shouldn't only succeed in Round 1.  You truly build teams in Rounds 3 -5 in my opinion.  We should also look at his positional draft choices.  So far, not bad on the DLine, horrible at WR (0 for 3?) and 1 for 3 on QBs?

4 hours ago, King P said:

Reminder...

Godwin was still on the board ???

What's really amazing is that Macc spent so much time scouting Hackenberg without thinking, "hey, this Godwin guy he is throwing to is pretty good".

It's like when Tanny spent all his time scouting Vlad Ducasse...and completely failed to spot his team-mate Victor Cruz.

Archived