Maybe Golden Tate knew what he was talking about

nico002

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Another idiot defending Bowles. Todd Bowles hired & fired all of his OCs. The passes this guy has gotten are ridiculous now.

I don't think he's defending Bowles. I don't think Tate ever played on a team Bowles coached for...he did however, play for Bates in Seattle so it seems more likely he's trashing bates.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

These players on other teams don’t know jack about how bad Bowles in game adjustments and all are.

Yes they do actually if they are playing the Jets and beating them and the Jets make no adjustments whatsoever they certainly know the type of HC Todd Bowles is. 

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

These players on other teams don’t know jack about how bad Bowles in game adjustments and all are.

i think back to what pepper johnson said a couple of months ago.  if it's true then the performance of both the offense and defense is completely on bowles.  if he's that rigid then they could have the second coming of sid gillman as oc and it still wouldn't matter.

Wrong, Bowles fired Morton who did Better 

with a less talented O than this yr’s team. Bowles fired him because he “ passed too much “ he knew Bates would be his yes boy, and by firing Morton bet he would do better, which he obviously lost, and now will lose his job for his cluelessness about how to run a O..

39 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Another idiot defending Bowles. Todd Bowles hired & fired all of his OCs. The passes this guy has gotten are ridiculous now.

Bowles also has not fired Kacy Rogers, who should have been axed in the last purge. 

18 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Why did we fire Morton again???

The crazy thing is we were told that Bates was the mastermind of the offense last year despite only being the QB coach.  We were told that he crafted the first 20 plays. We were told that Morton wasn’t as smart as Bates. 

All lies!!!

The year the Jets signed Morton, we were trying to get John DeFilippo (at the time QB coach) to be offensive coordinator. We were denied to even interview him (my gut tells me John D said I don’t want to go there). Last year, we tried to get him again and he chose the Vikings. He knew what a sh** show this team was going to be under Bowles. 

If you are a reasonably good OC, why would you go coach for Bowles? He’s going to get in the way and you are definitely not imprOving your knowledge on O. The Jets under Bowles is a death sentence for OC.

39 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Really didn’t think Bates would be so bad. But it’s crazy how awful it’s been. I don’t understand any gameplay they put out there. Looks like a mess every week. 

Jeremy Bates has been exposed for the bum he truly is. A decent OC improvises in some way to make up for the lack of better WR's on this team. 

Darnold is set up to fail with Bowles and Bates. 

54 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Why did we fire Morton again???

Because he passed too much. It is that simple.. He was told by Bowles to run more, and Morton flat out ignored bowles which I’m sure infuriated Bowles being undermined.. Morton was right, why would he listen to a idiot DC guru how to run an offense ? 

Anyone with any foresight can see Todd isnt going to keep this job very long.  He fired his last OC for being too good at his job.  Why on earth would you want to coach with him?  So here we are, stuck with some dude Tate played for and said we should have fired on October 6th. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Bowles is an idiot that deserves to be fired, but the OC thing has been taken over by some major revisionist history to suit an agenda.  Gailey was not fired, he retired.  So that means when ranting on about Bowles firing "all of his OCs" it's actually a grand total of one person that's been fired (who is currently unemployed, for those suddenly pining for him).

This isn't even the slightest bit of defense of Bowles, considering he has a whole laundry list of things to be fired for, but I'll never understand the need of so many around here to grasp onto things that are simply blatant lies.

21 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Because he passed too much. It is that simple.. He was told by Bowles to run more, and Morton flat out ignored bowles which I’m sure infuriated Bowles being undermined.. Morton was right, why would he listen to a idiot DC guru how to run an offense ? 

Jets pass % in 2017:  56.61%
Jets pass % in 2018:  56.26%

Hardly the major overhaul some try to pretend (particularly given the pass rate has continued to increase throughout the season).  The supposed greatness of Morton is pure revisionist history because people are ready to bitch about Bates, and add something else onto the list of things to hate Bowles for (as if the list isn't already long enough).  This is the same guy who totally gave up when McCown got hurt, and couldn't even be bothered to try with Petty.  Now Petty quite admittedly was awful, but there's no reason you'd ever want that kind of nonsense around a rookie QB. 

Crazy concept, but it is possible for multiple people to suck at their respective jobs, and for us to accept that, instead of needing to fabricate scenarios about the hidden talent of past failures as some sort of attempt to justify complaints about the current failures.  After all, there's probably a reason Morton's still standing on the unemployment line.

If anything, the far more legitimate criticism would be that Bowles repeatedly continues to hire complete incompetents to his offensive coaching staff, which certainly says something.

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

No idea. But also curious to why he didnt jump on with another team this year. 

Rumor was that Morton was going to join Jim Harbaugh's staff as WR coach -- a position he held with Harbaugh in Frisco. It didn't happen. And the rumblings that he would join Chuckie in Oakland never panned out either. By all accounts Morton is not currently employed.  So, it sounds like maybe firing him was not such a bad call.

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Rumor was that Morton was going to join Jim Harbaugh's staff as WR coach -- a position he held with Harbaugh in Frisco. It didn't happen. And the rumblings that he would join Chuckie in Oakland never panned out either. By all accounts Morton is not currently employed.  So, it sounds like maybe firing him was not such a bad call.

Yes, false equivalency is the best way to go to defend Bowles.

48 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Jets pass % in 2017:  56.61%
Jets pass % in 2018:  56.26%

Hardly the major overhaul some try to pretend (particularly given the pass rate has continued to increase throughout the season).  The supposed greatness of Morton is pure revisionist history because people are ready to bitch about Bates, and add something else onto the list of things to hate Bowles for (as if the list isn't already long enough).  This is the same guy who totally gave up when McCown got hurt, and couldn't even be bothered to try with Petty.  Now Petty quite admittedly was awful, but there's no reason you'd ever want that kind of nonsense around a rookie QB. 

Crazy concept, but it is possible for multiple people to suck at their respective jobs, and for us to accept that, instead of needing to fabricate scenarios about the hidden talent of past failures as some sort of attempt to justify complaints about the current failures.  After all, there's probably a reason Morton's still standing on the unemployment line.

If anything, the far more legitimate criticism would be that Bowles repeatedly continues to hire complete incompetents to his offensive coaching staff, which certainly says something.

Lol! Bleeding green your better than that man lol.. yes you are correct, those short little WR screens, quick dumps count toward passing stats.. I should have been more clear, Bowles wanted to be more conservative, ie- running more or short dump passes that is just as conservative as a running play.. this is the exact offense Bowles wanted to run, short and conservative.. Remember the criticism of Morton “ he thinks we are the New Orleans saints “ those air raid deep quick scoring tds to Robbie really bothered bowles. It would mean his D would have to get back on the field right away, the more they are on the field the worse thier stats will look.. D cords love the “ground and pound “ and short 2 yard passes That keeps their d off the field.. Rex Ryan was no different. How D went from 18th in league in 08, to number 1 overall in 09 with virtually same guys on D. Rex was part of reason, but leading league in “ ground and pound “ keeping D off field while O ate up clock, was the real reason why D finished 1 overall in Stats.. 

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Bowles is an idiot that deserves to be fired, but the OC thing has been taken over by some major revisionist history to suit an agenda.  Gailey was not fired, he retired.  So that means when ranting on about Bowles firing "all of his OCs" it's actually a grand total of one person that's been fired (who is currently unemployed, for those suddenly pining for him).

This isn't even the slightest bit of defense of Bowles, considering he has a whole laundry list of things to be fired for, but I'll never understand the need of so many around here to grasp onto things that are simply blatant lies.

From all that went on and all the wording, retired is a nice way of saying he was not wanted back.  And if it is correct what moron of a coach hires a guy knowing he is 100% going to be gone in two years?  He (bowles) promptly did not hire the guy that was going to be groomed for the job the Qb coach.

In the end though the jets and bowles are not different than many teams in that the oc is the most thankless job in the league.  Kacy Roger is a dismal DC but happily skates.

Well that pretty much goes back to the coordinators argument I terms of tweaking the game plan, and even position coaches in terms of in game adjustments for the different units.

But I agree, ultimately the buck stops with Bowles. His staff, his responsability. Don't want Darnold to have 3 more years of this.

4 hours ago, nico002 said:

We did that Mr. Tate. Their names are Chan Gailey and John Morton. And guess what? We've gotten worse the more we've changed coordinators. Our best season was Chan Gailey's first season. We've been crap ever since. I doubt firing Jeremy Bates will make a significant upgrade when Bowles cant even figure out when to replace an injured Center.

Maybe you should just go play wide receiver. 

Archived