Bowles and McCagnan have been at odds for years.

Joe W. Namath

13 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Because it seems as if Macc is going to keep his job, and it also seems as if, as bad of a job as Bowles can be credited for, Macc is demonstrably worse.

Not to me

To me, Macc has proven to be a mediocre GM while Bowles has proven to be a dogsh*t HC.

I’d prefer to get rid of both and start with a clean slate while sporting a young highly talented QB, $100+ million in FA cash, and a Top 5 draft pick...

But while I would be in the corner of getting rid of Macc and would consider it a disappointment if he’s retained, I wouldn’t consider it an “end of world” scenario either.

At least he is (or at least was until recently) considered a respectable scout in NFL circles who has proven that he’s willing to cut bait from bad decisions and has shown some balls recently. People can say that he made a blind trade up for Darnold all they want, but at least he had the balls to make said trade up. Unlike Bowles who has shown that he’s a completely neutered puss at every turn. 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

So Bowles who's career is looking grim is pointing fingers anywhere he can? The coaches probably didn't want hackenburg because they wanted to sign mccown or fitzpatrick long term. Them saying they wanted to trade up for kamara but the price was too high...doesn't that mean Mac at least put some thought into it to find out the price? Than the article said the coaches wanted Stuart anyway...Honestly this article is nonsense and says literally nothing if you break it down it is not worth anyone getting worked up over.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Meanwhile Bowles has gone through 3 OCs so how do you draft skill players when you don't even have an offensive philosophy? And you guys all know Bowles doesn't want 194 Lb RBs.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I don't believe the Kamara story for 1 minute. As soon as I read ACCORDING TO MANISH MEHTA I stop reading. That guy is the king of anonymous sources.

Bradway was banging the table for Russell Wilson. Oh sorry I’m having trouble keeping all the bus tosses from over the last few years straight. Following this team is like watching a never-ending judo match.

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Bradway was banging the table for Russell Wilson. Oh sorry I’m having trouble keeping all the bus tosses from over the last few years straight. Following this team is like watching a never-ending judo match.

Yes, I remember that one. If I was the owner in that draft room & a guy was in fact pounding the table for Russell Wilson & was overruled and then got to see what we missed?

They would all be fired EXCEPT the guy that was pounding the table for Wilson.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Given the lengths this fanbase will go to in order to try to avoid inconvenient truths, I would do exactly what Maccagnan is doing. As long as he keeps acting like he’s stupid and bad at his job, the one thing that it’ll never be attributed to is that he’s stupid and bad at his job.

Fan base?  Why are you sniping at the fan base, The Fan base seems to know many things years before the people with actually power to do anything.

3 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

So Mike Maccagnan thinks Todd Bowles is bad at his job, and Todd Bowles thinks Mike Maccagnan is bad at his job. For the first time ever, they're both right. 

Correct.  But Macc gets to stay because Bowles is not only bad at his job, he's a MORON, too.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The Johnson brothers are dumb owners they have zero football knowledge. 

They need to hire someone with football knowledge to run this organization. 

Mike Maccagnan's roster is weaker in year 4 than it was in year 1, possibly worst roster in the NFL. 

BINGO! 

sh*t show starts and ends at the top...and those two bozo brothers aren't going anywhere.  Worse than the Wilpons.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Heinerdinger is the new Joey Clinkscales. We have no idea what he does or if he’s any good. He’s just not Maccagan.

Well, yeah, but I think when you start stacking up realistic candidates who would actually take this godforsaken job, Heimerdinger might be among the more qualified.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Not to me

To me, Macc has proven to be a mediocre GM while Bowles has proven to be a dogsh*t HC.

I’d prefer to get rid of both and start with a clean slate while sporting a young highly talented QB, $100+ million in FA cash, and a Top 5 draft pick...

But while I would be in the corner of getting rid of Macc and would consider it a disappointment if he’s retained, I wouldn’t consider it an “end of world” scenario either.

At least he is (or at least was until recently) considered a respectable scout in NFL circles who has proven that he’s willing to cut bait from bad decisions and has shown some balls recently. People can say that he made a blind trade up for Darnold all they want, but at least he had the balls to make said trade up. Unlike Bowles who has shown that he’s a completely neutered puss at every turn. 

Mediocre means middle of the road.  So, I'm assuming you can name roughly half the leagues GM's who have done a worse job over the last 4 years?

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

LOL

So much for the idea that ever defensive pick was due to Bowles. The coaches - whom fans suggest never wanted a draft pick who wasn't on D - wanted him to trade up for Kamara and Macc said nope to moving up 4 slots outside the top 2 rounds. Why? Likely because then he couldn't get back those compensatory picks he pissed away the prior offseason; the ones that everyone told me were worthless at the time. Meanwhile not only does he not trade up a few slots in round 3 for a player the coaches want badly (and even worse still, is a stud), but he spends the rest of that draft trading down, trying to recoup picks he squandered with his asinine UFA signings like Matt Forte that canceled out as many as 4 such comp picks.

The guy is so incompetent and so stupid it's painful. 

All true.

But I recall Bowles smiling ear to ear like a kid of Christmas Morning when the Adams and Maye picks were made.That anyone in the origanization didn't step un and stop that was a disaster. 

Simply they're both bad at their respective jobs. The lack of a clear chain of command has been a problem since Johnson bought the team.

But this Mehta article has the distinct whiff of Bowles, staring down at his reputation crushed forever, telling his buddy Manish how he really wanted offense. He is lying. He has whined about the offense not running enough, babbled gibberish about execution, and really done not a f__Ing thing to help Darnold become an NFL QB. HE DID NOT PLAY A PERFECTLY HEALTHY 21 YEAR OLD 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK THE LAST 2 WEEKS BECAUSE....? 

What a mess! Arranged marriage in ruins, not surprised. Woody you bozo, this is why you have the GM pick the coach and he reports to the GM. Hopefully, the Johnsons finally learned their lesson and re institute the order of operations. It really starts to make sense to show macc the door as well. Bring in wolf from Cleveland as GM and let him hire a coach to win with moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

All true.

But I recall Bowles smiling ear to ear like a kid of Christmas Morning when the Adams and Maye picks were made.That anyone in the origanization didn't step un and stop that was a disaster. 

Simply they're both bad at their respective jobs. The lack of a clear chain of command has been a problem since Johnson bought the team.

But this Mehta article has the distinct whiff of Bowles, staring down at his reputation crushed forever, telling his buddy Manish how he really wanted offense. He is lying. He has whined about the offense not running enough, babbled gibberish about execution, and really done not a f__Ing thing to help Darnold become an NFL QB. HE DID NOT PLAY A PERFECTLY HEALTHY 21 YEAR OLD 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK THE LAST 2 WEEKS BECAUSE....? 

Kamara had several discipline issues in college, too iirc. Bowles runs away from those types of dudes.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Heinerdinger is the new Joey Clinkscales. We have no idea what he does or if he’s any good. He’s just not Maccagan.

Thing is, right now he is in your office. IF he is in fact a genuinely smart guy, incumbent to find out now. Though nobody could have any confidence the Johnsons have a clue one way or the other. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

And Jesse Kay was screaming at Parcells to take Tom Brady. Right. 

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Kamara had several discipline issues in college, too iirc. Bowles runs away from those types of dudes.

Yep Bowles couldn’t housebreak a puppy. Man did nothing when our league-best DL puffed up and turded out before our eyes.

In my opinion here is the BIGGEST issue, the dysfunctional organizational order of the way things are handled. Why is God’s name are the coach and gm going to management. The only team to work this way is the jets and it doesn’t work. The coach is basically undermining the gm on a weekly basis. The proper chain of command goes players-coaches-head coach-Gm-owner.  Any other way makes no sense.  Give Mac the power to sink or swim with his guy. Period. And I don’t for one second believe the article is accurate about players selection.  Mannish is a guy who pissed in woodys ear and got us Todd instead of  Marrone, that in and of itself should’ve never happened. I’m not saying Marrone is better, but he’s not worse. Until the chain of command is defined we will have issues no matter who the coach is 

4 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

"for years?"  They've only been here 4 seasons.  Exactly when did they turn on each other???

Also, Woody Johnson is a root cause of this problem by messing up the accountability structure.  The GM needs to hire the head coach, not the owner.

So true. This just goes to show the dysfunction starts at the top but I guess we already knew that. The GM should ALWAYS hire the coach. Idiots. 

1 hour ago, JetsYanks13 said:

What a mess! Arranged marriage in ruins, not surprised. Woody you bozo, this is why you have the GM pick the coach and he reports to the GM. Hopefully, the Johnsons finally learned their lesson and re institute the order of operations. It really starts to make sense to show macc the door as well. Bring in wolf from Cleveland as GM and let him hire a coach to win with moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

F***ing amateurs!

Archived