What Jet player will be let go this year, but good coaches would keep??

BornJetsFan1983

Most teams find overachievers and athletic studs that might not be "Star" players like Todd Gurley or Hopkins but develop strong depth and help shape their game plans around to take advantage of team strengths. I feel like we always have a couple good players ever year that over perform in the worst of circumstances - no actual game plan or effort to use their specific talents - and subsequently we let go because we are stupid and our coaches suck.

Remember snacks? yeah guys like that. 

Anyway who you think it is going to be this year?

I say Frankie Luvu. This kid is a goner and I like him.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think there’s a case to be made for letting Robbie Anderson walk, but then again I’d think he’d go to the Panthers and torture every Jets fan breathing.

There’s more of a case to let Enunwa walk. When both are healthy Robby is still more likely to win a game for you than Enunwa.

19 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

There’s more of a case to let Enunwa walk. When both are healthy Robby is still more likely to win a game for you than Enunwa.

Enunwa is a warrior who unfortunately seems to be injury-prone.  Anderson is a talented dummy who drops the ball too much and commits foolish costly penalties.  It's a toss-up

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Most teams find overachievers and athletic studs that might not be "Star" players like Todd Gurley or Hopkins but develop strong depth and help shape their game plans around to take advantage of team strengths. I feel like we always have a couple good players ever year that over perform in the worst of circumstances - no actual game plan or effort to use their specific talents - and subsequently we let go because we are stupid and our coaches suck.

Remember snacks? yeah guys like that. 

Anyway who you think it is going to be this year?

I say Frankie Luvu. This kid is a goner and I like him.

So you would have given Snacks the money the Giants did for one year of part time help to the run game?

He was let go because of stupidity or because of a stupid contract offer?

The list of found talent that comes out of nowhere to star and is allowed to walk, name them.  And whos the coach whos letting these mythical players walk?  LOL

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Enunwa is a warrior who unfortunately seems to be injury-prone.  Anderson is a talented dummy who drops the ball too much and commits foolish costly penalties.  It's a toss-up

Warrior?  No.

I like him but warrior, no way.

How often have players left the Jets and went on to better careers over the last thirty years. I could name them on one hand.....James Farrior and Woodhead come to mind, maybe Goodwin.

I'm not very worried about anyone on this roster leaving and becoming a much better, let alone star player elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, RobR said:

How often have players left the Jets and went on to better careers over the last thirty years. I could name them on one hand.....James Farrior and Woodhead come to mind, maybe Goodwin.

I'm not very worried about anyone on this roster leaving and becoming a much better, let alone star player elsewhere.

I could say Revis was more successful when he left but his career wasn't better. How was Vilma on the Saints? 

Abe? 

13 minutes ago, RobR said:

Victor Cruz lol 

1 minute ago, MichaelScott said:

I could say Revis was more successful when he left but his career wasn't better. How was Vilma on the Saints? 

Abe? 

We got the best years out of Revis, he was never the same player after the injury. Vilma was definitely better with the Saints because I didn't like him much as a player here and he was coming off of microfracture surgery. His loss didn't hurt because Harris replaced him and was ten times better. Abe was another one I will give you but at least we ended up swapping him out for Mangold, who will end up in our ring of honor.

Still quite the paltry list over 30 years. 

12 minutes ago, RobR said:

We got the best years out of Revis, he was never the same player after the injury. Vilma was definitely better with the Saints because I didn't like him much as a player here and he was coming off of microfracture surgery. His loss didn't hurt because Harris replaced him and was ten times better. Abe was another one I will give you but at least we ended up swapping him out for Mangold, who will end up in our ring of honor.

Still quite the paltry list over 30 years. 

I'm not disagreeing at all to your original point. I'm just playing a long because I think it was an interesting question. 

Vilma was a stud in Herm's Tampa 2. When Mangini stuck him at ILB in a 3-4 he looked like... Darron Lee lol. In comes Harris, that prototypical 3-4 ILB, shedding blocks and  racking up 15 tackles a game and we all forgot who Jvil was lol

I didnt follow him in NO but assuming he went back to a 4-3, he was probably pretty successful. 

Edit: Just looked him up. I didnt realize he played in NO for 6 years after leaving the Jets. Was a Saint most of his career and he was very productive for at least 4 of the 6 years. 

20 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I'm not disagreeing at all to your original point. I'm just playing a long because I think it was an interesting question. 

Vilma was a stud in Herm's Tampa 2. When Mangini stuck him at ILB in a 3-4 he looked like... Darron Lee lol. In comes Harris, that prototypical 3-4 ILB, shedding blocks and  racking up 15 tackles a game and we all forgot who Jvil was lol

I didnt follow him in NO but assuming he went back to a 4-3, he was probably pretty successful. 

Edit: Just looked him up. I didnt realize he played in NO for 6 years after leaving the Jets. Was a Saint most of his career and he was very productive for at least 4 of the 6 years. 

Good post although I'll disagree that Vilma was any good regardless of scheme as a Jet. He was never a bust but I don't think he ever lived up to his draft position. I never liked him as a Jet and always thought he was overrated by the fanbase, not unlike Marvin Jones.

1 hour ago, RobR said:

Good post although I'll disagree that Vilma was any good regardless of scheme as a Jet. He was never a bust but I don't think he ever lived up to his draft position. I never liked him as a Jet and always thought he was overrated by the fanbase, not unlike Marvin Jones.

I disagree, but that's just because I always liked liked the guy. You make a fair point. 

9 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

But Enunwa definitely catches that ball that Robby dropped on the last drive. So there's that

I don’t know that. Robby gets higher than Enunwa and has longer arms. Also the DB got there before the ball on that play. I also think Robby catches that 9/10 even tho it was a tough play.

15 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

enunwa just does not play enough. You cannt pay for that.

1. Lee.

He's the butt of alot of jokes, but a good Defensive coach could find somewhere he could shine IMO.  He has skills, just not quite the skills for how he is used under Bowles.

2. Anderson.

On a team with a legit established #1 and #2, a good coach would make great use of a single-skill player like Anderson to stretch the field.  A good coach might also get him to stop being a dimwit off the field too.

There are probably quite a few more tbqh.  We not terribly talented, but some of these guys are "good enough" types we're just not getting the best from.

10 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I don’t know that. Robby gets higher than Enunwa and has longer arms. Also the DB got there before the ball on that play. I also think Robby catches that 9/10 even tho it was a tough play.

A true number one that Robby says he is catches that ball. It's the NFL and if the ball touches your hands you catch it. I think Enunwa when healthy has shown that he's more sure handed. If Robby wants that big payday he has to get better and be the clutch reciever Sam needs. He's gotten better with his routes but still has a lot of work to do. 

On 12/18/2018 at 12:28 AM, Reynolds1029 said:

But Enunwa definitely catches that ball that Robby dropped on the last drive. So there's that

Can’t catch that pass in street clothes on the sidelines. So there’s that.  

I like Q but he’s not reliable. Robby and Q are both low end # 2 WRs right now.  

9 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

A true number one that Robby says he is catches that ball. It's the NFL and if the ball touches your hands you catch it. I think Enunwa when healthy has shown that he's more sure handed. If Robby wants that big payday he has to get better and be the clutch reciever Sam needs. He's gotten better with his routes but still has a lot of work to do. 

I don’t tbink he’s a true number 1 but I think he’s a good player that scores a lot and can break a defense with 1 play. He’s a player that would flourish with a big 1 next to him just like Q would work best operating in and out of the slot. 

Both are good but Anderson is more explosive.

Archived