Jets - Packers --- The Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is game day. The Jets take on the Packers. It is the last time Todd Bowles will coach the Jets at Metlife.

Here is to a big day for Sam Darnold, Robby Anderson and Jamal Adams.

Let's go Jets!!!

You just beat me. I just finished a long *ss thread but checked before posting. I don’t do midnight anymore in an effort to give others a chance. 

Assuming we get a whole new coaching staff, we're gonna be seeing an entirely new defense next season, so I don't really care how much how this one performs.

As far as I'm concerned, Sam will be the only one on the field worth watching. Herndon, too, I guess. All I want to see is for Sam to look competent, and, if we could be ever so lucky, like a god.

And, of course, no injuries please (especially to our important players).

WOOOOOOOO GET UP. It’s the Christmas version of the GAME DAY THREAD. Can the AMAZING JETS hold on to finish 4-12 or will an ambivalent Aaron Rodgers, still depressed about swapping Olivia Munn for Danica Patrick’s stout jawline, let the hometown heroes eke out a meaningless win? Who knows!?

What we DO KNOW is that plenty of you younger fans will be getting clueless Jets gifts from your uncaring and unfeeling aunts and uncles and grandparents, so enjoy those deeply-discounted Isiah Crowell and Demario Davis jerseys, champ. NOTE: they’re not even AUTHENTIC, so don’t get caught out in public with them. And this is also a good time of year to learn how much your wife *really* resents your lack of ambition and apathy regarding cunnilingus when she buys you the same generic Jets hoodie in a size too small (HINT HINT) that she bought you two years ago but forgot (PS when she’s handing you the crap gift, it’s a good time to check out that new sapphire pendant necklace she’s wearing that Bart, who works in the cubicle across from her, bought her because he’s recently divorced and knows your wife’s birthstone—but you don’t, you slipshod cuckold!)

And for you young Jets parents out there about to torture your infant offsprings with Jets gear for Christmas, why don’t you just march yourself on down to your local Child Protective Services office instead? FFS man, think about someone other than yourself. You’re already ruining that child’s life by passing down your receding hairline and hereditary disposition toward alcoholism, now you’re going to slap the poor tyke with Jets fandom as well? Stop it and go buy the child some Saints gear or Steelers stuff before you create another @Pac or @JiF or—God help you— @TomShane. Seriously, bro. What the f*ck?

PREDICTION: Jets 35, Packers 22, because life is hell and Christmas largely sucks. Halloween is the best holiday.

Just now, T0mShane said:

an ambivalent Aaron Rodgers, still depressed about swapping Olivia Munn for Danica Patrick’s stout jawline, let the hometown heroes eke out a meaningless win?

Danica is the success destroyer. Whoever she's going out with will win nothing as long as she's with them.

Ricky Stenhouse managed to start winning races again after they'd split. Look what's happened to Rodgers after they hooked up. Hell, if Danica had done out with Brady, Brady would've gone down in history as the new Marino, all the records and no rings.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Let’s go.

Sam Darnold is about to go ape sh*t on this defense without anyone to throw to.

24-32, 250 yards, 3 TD’s, 0 INT’s

1CD6401E-374D-469F-915A-59EFA9D9A7A2.jpeg

I think 1 int. 

For Adams, tipped ball lol.  Seriously I would love to se more Cannon being used like Tarik Cohen. 2 TDs to Robby 1  60yd deep ball in stride. Other TD to Herndon in back of endzone 

9 minutes ago, Stark said:

I think 1 int. 

For Adams, tipped ball lol.  Seriously I would love to se more Cannon being used like Tarik Cohen. 2 TDs to Robby 1  60yd deep ball in stride. Other TD to Herndon in back of endzone 

Been saying this since we actually played Cohen and the Bears.

Cannon should be in on HB wheel routes, screens, in the slot at WR, etc. 

play him like he’s suppose to be played and get him in space. That’s how he’s going to have value as an offensive option.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

WOOOOOOOO GET UP. It’s the Christmas version of the GAME DAY THREAD. Can the AMAZING JETS hold on to finish 4-12 or will an ambivalent Aaron Rodgers, still depressed about swapping Olivia Munn for Danica Patrick’s stout jawline, let the hometown heroes eke out a meaningless win? Who knows!?

What we DO KNOW is that plenty of you younger fans will be getting clueless Jets gifts from your uncaring and unfeeling aunts and uncles and grandparents, so enjoy those deeply-discounted Isiah Crowell and Demario Davis jerseys, champ. NOTE: they’re not even AUTHENTIC, so don’t get caught out in public with them. And this is also a good time of year to learn how much your wife *really* resents your lack of ambition and apathy regarding cunnilingus when she buys you that same generic Jets hoodie that’s a size too small (HINT HINT) that she bought you two years ago but forgot (PS when she’s handing you the crap gift, it’s a good time to check out that new sapphire pendant necklace she’s wearing that Bart, who works in the cubicle across from her, bought her because he’s recently divorced and knows your wife’s birthstone—but you don’t, you slipshod cuckold!)

And for you young Jets parents out there about to torture your infant offsprings with Jets gear for Christmas, why don’t you just march yourself on down to your local Child Protective Services office instead? FFS man, think about someone other than yourself. You’re already ruining that child’s life by passing down your receding hairline and hereditary disposition toward alcoholism, now you’re going to slap the poor tyke with Jets fandom as well? Stop it and go buy the child some Saints gear or Steelers stuff before you create another @Pac or @JiF or—God help you— @TomShane. Seriously, bro. What the f*ck?

PREDICTION: Jets 35, Packers 22, because life is hell and Christmas largely sucks. Halloween is the best holiday.

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Trust me, I hate Christmas too. @T0mShane

Too much pressure and fake love to go around. I’m happy for those who are close enough to their families to genuinely be able to enjoy it but it’s just a lot of expensive hassles and out of the way BS for me.

I bet you're a real joy at parties.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What we DO KNOW is that plenty of you younger fans will be getting clueless Jets gifts from your uncaring and unfeeling aunts and uncles and grandparents, so enjoy those deeply-discounted Isiah Crowell and Demario Davis jerseys, champ. NOTE: they’re not even AUTHENTIC, so don’t get caught out in public with them. And this is also a good time of year to learn how much your wife *really* resents your lack of ambition and apathy regarding cunnilingus when she buys you the same generic Jets hoodie in a size too small (HINT HINT) that she bought you two years ago but forgot (PS when she’s handing you the crap gift, it’s a good time to check out that new sapphire pendant necklace she’s wearing that Bart, who works in the cubicle across from her, bought her because he’s recently divorced and knows your wife’s birthstone—but you don’t, you slipshod cuckold!)

Hi newb, please scan the board before starting new threads. Lol.

I don't see Rodgers having any problem with our D scheme. He watches the film and smacks his lips what he sees is a smorgasbord of open receivers and big yardage. The only thing that could affect him is if we mount a pass rush and win the turnover war. But if we significantly trail it puts Sam in a position to have to throw on almost every down and that leads to picks. So it could be statistically a bad day for Sam if he is put into that position. I hate to say it but GB by 14, 31-17.

9 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Assuming we get a whole new coaching staff, we're gonna be seeing an entirely new defense next season, so I don't really care how much how this one performs.

As far as I'm concerned, Sam will be the only one on the field worth watching. Herndon, too, I guess. All I want to see is for Sam to look competent, and, if we could be ever so lucky, like a god.

And, of course, no injuries please (especially to our important players).

HEAR HEAR!!! 

Please, Father Christmas.  I wish only for one gift this year: The Arizona Cardinals Football Club fires their head coach.  Then, they trade a draft pick for our abortive head coach, one Todd Bowles.  If this is too burdensome a request for you (I know managing the elves toy production and your upcoming delivery itinerary can be challenging at best) the firing of Coach Bowles along with our General Manager would be a most adequate alternative.

Many thanks for your kind attention to this vital matter.  Wishing you much success on your Christmas Night forays, I am

Most humbly yours,

Munchie

Archived