Torch gets passed today

JohnnyLV

Years from now, today's game will be viewed in retrospect as the game where the torch was passed from *Brady/**CHeatriots** to Darnold, and the Jets.

It will take a while, because even though Darnold and the Jets will dominate todays game, the Patriots will still be in the playoffs this year and somewhat competitive next year but make no mistake the NE dynasty really ends today when Darnold puts the entire Jets team on his back and decimates the already dead man walking Patriots.

It takes a while to realize that the Dynasty is over. It is only through the prism of time that you can look back and say "wow, that Jets-Pats game in week 17 of the 2018 season was not a fluke, NE never really competed after that"

But that day is today and I invite all of my fellow Jets fans to bask in the glory of finally seeing the ascension of a franchise QB on the Jets, and the start of the end of the futility we have endured for 50 years. 

Next year will seem like the new beginning with a new coach, so many new faces on the team, new, but very ugly uniforms we will all grow to love (because we will be dominant in them) but really that new era starts today.

Say it with me my brothers and sisters :"J-E-T-S...Jets! Jets!! JETS!!!!!!

Jets by 14. Book it.

Enjoy it and do not mourn the 5th pick in the NFL draft. This will be so much sweeter. Like nectar from Aphrodite herself  blessing our team and our future, and Cerebus coming to take NE to the hell they so richly deserve. 

This board will be gold....

*5 years later*

Jetnation poster #1: Remember when the Jets beat the Patriots in Week 17 of the 2018 season, dropped to #5 in the draft and the Cardinals drafted Ferrell after a 4 sack performance in the National Championship game sky rocketed his stock out of the atmosphere, Nick Bosa, who became a perennial all-pro with double digit sacks in 4 out of 5 years, was picked second to Oakland. Meanwhile the New York Jets selected Quinnen Williams who dropped to them at 5 after we traded Leonard Williams in a lateral move that netted us zero roster impact?

Jetnation Poster #2: But hindsight is 20/20 and Maccagnan has to go with the best pick available. No one wanted to trade down!

Jetnation poster #3: **Drops Manish Mehta article leaking that Maccagnan had an offer to trade down to the mid-teens for an additional 2nd and 4th but didn’t wanna move because he wanted an extra 6th rounder in 2020.**

Jetnation poster 4: Well it’s Manish Mehta!! Can you really trust him!?

Jetnation poster 5: We hired a 24 year old offensive coordinator from Purvis High School! What the hell. Why do we still suck? This was the passing of the torch!

Jetnation poster 6: it’s obviously time to trade Quinnen for a 2nd round pick.

31 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Years from now, today's game will be viewed in retrospect as the game where the torch was passed from *Brady/**CHeatriots** to Darnold, and the Jets.

It will take a while, because even though Darnold and the Jets will dominate todays game, the Patriots will still be in the playoffs this year and somewhat competitive next year but make no mistake the NE dynasty really ends today when Darnold puts the entire Jets team on his back and decimates the already dead man walking Patriots.

It takes a while to realize that the Dynasty is over. It is only through the prism of time that you can look back and say "wow, that Jets-Pats game in week 17 of the 2018 season was not a fluke, NE never really competed after that"

But that day is today and I invite all of my fellow Jets fans to bask in the glory of finally seeing the ascension of a franchise QB on the Jets, and the start of the end of the futility we have endured for 50 years. 

Next year will seem like the new beginning with a new coach, so many new faces on the team, new, but very ugly uniforms we will all grow to love (because we will be dominant in them) but really that new era starts today.

Jets by 14. Book it.

Enjoy it and do not mourn the 5th pick in the NFL draft. This will be so much sweeter. Like nectar from Aphrodite herself  blessing our team and our future, and Cerebus coming to take NE to the hell they so richly deserve. 

I'd prefer Jets by anywhere between 7 & 12 tyvm.

Jets by 14. Book it.

God, I hope you’re right!

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

39 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Jets by 14. Book it.

I love your optimism, I honestly wish I felt the same way you do, but I don't. Pats 34-16. I think @Patriot Killa's tongue in cheek post seems a lot more plausible then your OP unfortunately.

36 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This board will be gold....

*5 years later*

Jetnation poster #1: Remember when the Jets beat the Patriots in Week 17 of the 2018 season, dropped to #5 in the draft and the Cardinals drafted Ferrell after a 4 sack performance in the National Championship game sky rocketed his stock out of the atmosphere, Nick Bosa, who became a perennial all-pro with double digit sacks in 4 out of 5 years, was picked second to Oakland. Meanwhile the New York Jets selected Quinnen Williams who dropped to them at 5 after we traded Leonard Williams in a lateral move that netted us zero roster impact?

Jetnation Poster #2: But hindsight is 20/20 and Maccagnan has to go with the best pick available. No one wanted to trade down!

Jetnation poster #3: **Drops Manish Mehta article leaking that Maccagnan had an offer to trade down to the mid-teens for an additional 2nd and 4th but didn’t wanna move because he wanted an extra 6th rounder in 2020.**

Jetnation poster 4: Well it’s Manish Mehta!! Can you really trust him!?

Jetnation poster 5: We hired a 24 year old offensive coordinator from Purvis High School! What the hell. Why do we still suck? This was the passing of the torch!

Jetnation poster 6: it’s obviously time to trade Quinnen for a 2nd round pick.

Kinda ironic, given your username, that you'd prefer the Jets to lose to the Patriots -giving them at least a bye and maybe home field advantage throughout- than having the Jets, you know, kill them and potentially knock them into the wildcard round. 

27 minutes ago, slats said:

Kinda ironic, given your username, that you'd prefer the Jets to lose to the Patriots -giving them at least a bye and maybe home field advantage throughout- than having the Jets, you know, kill them and potentially knock them into the wildcard round. 

Kill is a strong word, maybe you mean sting them? Because by my calculations, they are still going to the playoffs regardless of if they have the 2nd or 3rd seed. Tom Brady is still going to play raw in the playoffs and Tom Brady was quoted just yesterday saying that he’s definitely coming back for 2019.

the only people we are killing are ourselves. #2 does leave room for a trade down even if the QB class is weak. Either Haskins stock will do what it does for most QB’s in late March or someone who has a QB and can afford to trade up will want a specific defensive stud in this defensive stud-filled Top 5.

With that said, I hope that Sam Darnold goes crazy just like he did against GB and we some how lose. Agree or disagree. That’s your call. But we certainly aren’t killing the Patriots dynasty today no matter if we win by 3 or 30.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Jets by 14. Book it.

If the Pats win 42-6 and Darnold has three INT's, will that change this rosy outlook?

Just curious.

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Jets by 14. Book it.

Book it!  ROFL. Lol. Smoked something good. 

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I really believed it. Hopefully Bowles AND Mac are gone before the evening is over. 

Like I said earlier in this thread, I admired your optimism. Nothing wrong with that, man. Pats are a bitch, but sooner or later someone is gonna topple them. Hope it's us. 

Archived