Pats are winning the super bowl

funaz

3 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I'm sure after watching the game film of the Pats/Chargers, KC will know that the way to beat Brady is to go after him. Everybody knows that if you rush and rattle him he gets flustered. The two Giant SB wins over the Patriots proves my point. When the Chiefs are on offense, deep pattern posts are the way to go. Those Patriots safeties are terrible. Mahomes must be licking his chops.

Yes u have to get to Brady. But if u play zone he can keep hitting the short quick passes. If u play man press single hi safety his receivers take longer to get into their routes and your rushers have an xtra second to disrupt Brady. This isn’t rocket science so I don’t know why the Chargers were playing zone?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is the biggest Chiefs game since Super Bowl IV. Arrowhead is going to be rocking.

You need to understand -- the Pats are just a different team at home.

In the Brady Belichick era they're 20-3 at home in the playoffs. They're 8-7 away from home.

This year they are 9-0 at home. They're 3-5 on the road.

They're capable of beating the Chiefs but it's a different ballgame when you can't steal plays and jam headsets.

And the Pats have only ever lost one divisional game at home. And they lost it to the Jets.

Nfl wants Brady vs brees so bad they were trying to screw the chiefs out of home field for weeks

Remember the rams chiefs game where KC had 50 first half penalties?

Or the Pat's getting a horrible PI call vs Miami w 2 minutes left allowing them to kill most of the clock before giving up a fluke miracle play?

On 12/30/2018 at 1:47 PM, funaz said:

I know everyone says they are done. They aren't, they are winning it all this year and worse, when Brady retires nothing changes.

As long as BB is coaching they are a 10-14 win teqm

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting me know. That clears my schedule for the next three weekends. 

Patys suck so much on the road that they won 5 Superbowls ...none at Gillette stadium.
Some of you guys really need a reality check.

Winning at a location where the fans are split 50/50 and far too many of the “fans”’are corporate shmucks is not the same as winning on another team’s turf.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Winning at a location where the fans are split 50/50 and far too many of the “fans”’are corporate shmucks is not the same as winning on another team’s turf.

Great teams rarely play road playoff games, how many did Montana play? how many did peyton play?

NE doesn't play road games b/c they earn home games every year. 

Brady is 3-4 on the road in the playoffs(the great Bill Belichick is 0-1 w/o Brady part of his extensive playoff resume w/o him)

Peyton was 2-5

Montana was 2-5

The greats don't play a lot of road games b/c they usually have their teams in position to host playoff games

22 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

I think there's a lil Pats PTSD going on here....

Rivers is a known playoff choker....what did you think was gonna happen?

This will be the first time Arrowhead is hosting the AFCCG. That crowd will carry the chiefs to victory.....Pats will show their true colors on the road where they are mediocre at best this season

Arrowhead has the reputation as the toughest homefield in the league but it's simply not true.  Prior to Saturday the Vhiefs had won a grand total of 2 playoff games at Arrowhead- one a 10-6 win in 1990 and the other a 3 pt win in 1993 where they needed a late blocked punt to get the game to OT where they won.  Since that game they lost 6 staright at Arrowhead where I am sure the crowd was great in each game.  KC has a great chance to win, they aren't winning b/c of the crowd.

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Great teams rarely play road playoff games, how many did Montana play? how many did peyton play?

NE doesn't play road games b/c they earn home games every year. 

Brady is 3-4 on the road in the playoffs(the great Bill Belichick is 0-1 w/o Brady part of his extensive playoff resume w/o him)

Peyton was 2-5

Montana was 2-5

The greats don't play a lot of road games b/c they usually have their teams in position to host playoff games

Yep, this topic comes up all the time whether talking about Brady or fans pointing to low scoring playoff games as proof defense wins championdhips.

It doesnt. Missing WC weekend round and hosting playoff games wins championships, and you get to do those things when you have the best QB. The 2 best QBs this season are hosting championship games, it's not a coincidence. They are facing an all time great and a guy picked #1 overall a few years ago.

Anything can happen in 1 game, so playing less games and maximizing your chances by playing at home are your best bets to win it all. 

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yep, this topic comes up all the time whether talking about Brady or fans pointing to low scoring playoff games as proof defense wins championdhips.

It doesnt. Missing WC weekend round and hosting playoff games wins championships, and you get to do those things when you have the best QB. The 2 best QBs this season are hosting championship games, it's not a coincidence. They are facing an all time great and a guy picked #1 overall a few years ago.

Anything can happen in 1 game, so playing less games and maximizing your chances by playing at home are your best bets to win it all. 

The problem is alot of fans are in denial and look for every excuse there can possibility be. People can't admit we are watching the greatest run in professional sports and there is nothing stopping Brady. Will he win another Superbowl ring this year...maybe not. However, being the greatest ever I wouldn't bet against it even being on the road ,having a " sh*tty" team , the refs rigging the game or whatever excuse you would like to use.

22 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is the biggest Chiefs game since Super Bowl IV. Arrowhead is going to be rocking.

You need to understand -- the Pats are just a different team at home.

In the Brady Belichick era they're 20-3 at home in the playoffs. They're 8-7 away from home.

This year they are 9-0 at home. They're 3-5 on the road.

They're capable of beating the Chiefs but it's a different ballgame when you can't steal plays and jam headsets.

Pats are the best at finding tiny edges and exploiting many of them to add up to a major edge. I mean damn deflating the footballs to lower fumble percentage by 1.2% was evil genius level strategy. I only wonder how many other cheats the NFL hasn’t caught onto yet.

2 hours ago, JETSY said:

The problem is alot of fans are in denial and look for every excuse there can possibility be. People can't admit we are watching the greatest run in professional sports and there is nothing stopping Brady. Will he win another Superbowl ring this year...maybe not. However, being the greatest ever I wouldn't bet against it even being on the road ,having a " sh*tty" team , the refs rigging the game or whatever excuse you would like to use.

Right, he's the greatest because he consistently puts his team in a position to win the SB by skipping WC weekend and hosting playoff games.

In fact, had Gase's team not pulled off that miracle play NE would be hosting this championship game and if that was the case I think NE wins easy. At Arrowhead think Chiefs are the favorites, but they'd have no shot in Foxboro imo.

51 minutes ago, CTM said:

Right, he's the greatest because he consistently puts his team in a position to win the SB by skipping WC weekend and hosting playoff games.

In fact, had Gase's team not pulled off that miracle play NE would be hosting this championship game and if that was the case I think NE wins easy. At Arrowhead think Chiefs are the favorites, but they'd have no shot in Foxboro imo.

That's what great athletes do...besides striving for greatness they give themself and their teams every edge they can possibly gain. That's what makes them great and their team on top

On 12/30/2018 at 4:03 PM, PS17 said:

You can always count on an Andy Reid choke job, so either the Pats will play the AFCCG at home or beat KC on the road.

On 12/30/2018 at 4:19 PM, PS17 said:

I think [the Chiefs] win today but get bounced at home in the Playoffs. Their defense sucks and Reid doesn’t know how to manage games in the playoffs.

I'm highly, highly intelligent. 

Where are all the jet fans that are still in denial that Brady and company sucks and they can't win on the road. As I said earlier Sit back and watch history unfold. You will never see someone this great again.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:47 PM, funaz said:

I know everyone says they are done. They aren't, they are winning it all this year and worse, when Brady retires nothing changes.

As long as BB is coaching they are a 10-14 win teqm

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

They will never make another SB w/ BB coaching if Brady retires.  They may compete in the AFC East as NYJ and Buffalo continue to rebuild but that will be a small window.  BB w/o Brady is less than Rex.  Actually, Rex has 3 more playoff wins than BB does w/o Brady. 

9 hours ago, nyjunc said:

They will never make another SB w/ BB coaching if Brady retires.  They may compete in the AFC East as NYJ and Buffalo continue to rebuild but that will be a small window.  BB w/o Brady is less than Rex.  Actually, Rex has 3 more playoff wins than BB does w/o Brady. 

I disagree entirely. If we could go back and remove BB or Brady from NE, i would remove BB. Brady doesn't get to 2 super bowls without BB

52 minutes ago, funaz said:

I disagree entirely. If we could go back and remove BB or Brady from NE, i would remove BB. Brady doesn't get to 2 super bowls without BB

If Brady never comes along then BB gets fired by 2003.  There's no dynasty without Brady, he changed that franchise and BB as a HC from the moment he stepped on the field.

The Pats are 13-6 in games Brady hasnt played while Belichick was the coach. They were like 9th in overall DVOA the year Brady was hurt. They're the greatest HC/QB combo ever, but to say Belichick isnt valuable is laughably idiotic. Everything the Patriots do is because of Belichick. Brady hasnt been sacked once in the playoffs and they held Hill to one catch yesterday. They're insanely well coached.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Pats are 13-6 in games Brady hasnt played while Belichick was the coach. They were like 9th in overall DVOA the year Brady was hurt. They're the greatest HC/QB combo ever, but to say Belichick isnt valuable is laughably idiotic. Everything the Patriots do is because of Belichick. Brady hasnt been sacked once in the playoffs and they held Hill to one catch yesterday. They're insanely well coached.

Yea going from 16-0 against one of the toughest schedules to 11-5 and missing the playoffs against one of the easiest is basically the same thing.

The offense went from one of the strongest in the history of football to #20 that year, overall went from one of the best in the history of football to #9 that year.

What's idiotic is that people cant seem to grasp that going from the best regular reason in the history of football to missing the playoffs is in fact a bigly ginormous step back.

It's like earning 100M one year and then 79k the next year and saying well 79k is still above average so basically the same thing 

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yea going from 16-0 against one of the toughest schedules to 11-5 and missing the playoffs against one of the easiest is basically the same thing.

The offense went from one of the strongest in the history of football to #20 that year, overall went from one of the best in the history of football to #9 that year.

What's idiotic is that people cant seem to grasp that going from the best regular reason in the history of football to missing the playoffs is in fact a bigly ginormous step back.

It's like earning 100M one year and then 79k the next year and saying well 79k is still above average so basically the same thing 

They went from Brady to Matt Cassell lol. 

New England's offense in 2008 was 7th in overall DVOA.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

They went from Brady to Matt Cassell lol. 

New England's offense in 2008 was 7th in overall DVOA.

Scanned the rows wrong on phone. Points stands. Going from the greatest offense in the history of football to a good offense in 1 random year is a massive drop off. If you don't think that is true you don't understand statistics.

image.png.fcbf5a7f49a67956f949818f773bff4b.png

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Scanned the rows wrong on phone. Points stands. Going from the greatest offense in the history off football to a good offense in 1 random year is a massive drop off. If you don't think that is true you don't understand statistics.

image.png.fcbf5a7f49a67956f949818f773bff4b.png

Of course its a drop off. Matt Cassell was/is a terrible QB and the Patriots had no business squeezing 11 wins out of him that season. They went from Brady to Cassell, who didnt even play in college. They have to be one of like maybe 3 teams in NFL history to miss the playoffs with 11 wins? (coincidentally had 11 wins this season with The GOAT)

I think Brady is the GOAT, but acting as if the last 20 years have been him just playing 1 on 11 and Belichick's just some empty suit lucky to stumble upon the greatness of Brady is a little ridiculous.  Like I said earlier if Ford lines up onsides Brady throws the game losing interception on a terrible throw. Brady's career is untouchable, but he's had some luck too...and he isnt leaps and bounds better than the other greats during this era either imo. 

Archived